cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Good to have read the booklet back to back a minimum of 2-3 times and take a bunch of
practice tests to reinforce the most common dates. It's not quite the dates that would stump
you rather it's the info under figure legends... but if you have read the book just before your
test, it's always possible to eliminate options and make a good guess, even if you are not
sure.

Documents? Yes all dox that they have asked for including everything you had copies for
in the application. But then it depends what they ask you to produce. They asked me for the
passports and other Id's nothing else (I had all the docs with me though...) so you never know.
Good Luck!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
MiriamT said:
My friend from Ottawa got her test invitation for August 14. She applied December 12, 2014.
The friend I mentioned above is having her oath ceremony on October 22.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
passed test today, 20/20 and they said oath invite will come in 2-3 months, and added "might be sooner".

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
I will keep an eye on your oath invite, cprak0. Mine should be shortly after yours.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Wadood, yours could be much earlier, it all depends on if the screenings are done, the CO (if he/ she is not on a vacation and is still working on the application) and if there is room for the next oath invite... and hoping there is no fingerprinting request if the screening raises some flags... fingers crossed...

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Screenings??? The officer told me that everything looks good and he is approving my application. I hope it is the case.

By the way, does your ECAS show "decision made"? That will probably tell if they are doing some sort of additional screening and/or need fingerprints.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
There have been ppl who have been told everything looks good and to expect oath and then get a fingerprinted... Screenings are by no means done by the time of test invite.
Everything looks good just means good until now!!!
Yes may be decision made would mean things are fine and wait for oath begins...
But then there are ppl waiting for oath after decision made for several weeks if not months of the timeline told at the interview.
No decision made yet for us...
Well not over until oath's done and over with.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Let's hope for the best :D

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
I was there today to. I passed but she didnt tell me the result. She was not really friendly. I am just worried because the lady said they will check my police records to verify that I am not an offender. She said they could request finger prints soon. God. I was expecting that everything would be ok.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betoherman said:
I was there today to. I passed but she didnt tell me the result. She was not really friendly. I am just worried because the lady said they will check my police records to verify that I am not an offender. She said they could request finger prints soon. God. I was expecting that everything would be ok.
That interview after the test was your best chance to ask questions. You should have signed a form to indicate that you have not been arrested etc.

It is impossible that the officer did not inform you of your test result.

Kindly provide more info, we can't take your comments out of context without providing further details.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
No she didnt tell me. She just said "congratulations you passed your test" then she asked me for my ID's. Yes. I signed the letter to declare I have not committed any crime. I was just about to ask the next step. But she asked me questions about visas, kind of job, police records, and then she stopped on fingerprints. She asked if I recently did one
I said the last one I did was for the PR application. She said the office probably could request new finger prints. Ar this point all my questions I wanted to ask didn't come up. Hope everything would be ok.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
so she did tell you your test results :p
By the way, did you sign the document saying you do not have any criminal record? I was not asked/mentioned anything about fingerprints etc. The officer was very friendly :)

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betoherman said:
No she didnt tell me. She just said "congratulations you passed your test" then she asked me for my ID's. Yes. I signed the letter to declare I have not committed any crime. I was just about to ask the next step. But she asked me questions about visas, kind of job, police records, and then she stopped on fingerprints. She asked if I recently did one
I said the last one I did was for the PR application. She said the office probably could request new finger prints. Ar this point all my questions I wanted to ask didn't come up. Hope everything would be ok.
So...she did not tell you your test result...she just told you you passed? ???

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
hgn said:
So...she did not tell you your test result...she just told you you passed? ???

Does she have to? I was expecting to have 2 wrong because I hesitated hardly to answer two questions but other that, they were easy to answer. I wanted to ask how many I got right but she was like in a rush or something.