+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other Relative Sponsorship

devtrini4

Mar 24, 2024
Hello,
I'd like to get some clarification and guidance on the application of the sponsorship of family members in particular if my aunt can sponsor me. Now on the IRCC website i saw :
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

• you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned brother or sister
    • orphaned nephew or niece
    • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
My Aunt is a Canadian Citizen and has no relative, as listed above, residing in Canada, her parents are deceased, no common law partner and divorced. Can she sponsor nephew from Trinidad and Tobago?

If sponsorship is possible, can anyone offer guidance on how we can go about starting this process?

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I'd like to get some clarification and guidance on the application of the sponsorship of family members in particular if my aunt can sponsor me. Now on the IRCC website i saw :
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

• you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned brother or sister
    • orphaned nephew or niece
    • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
My Aunt is a Canadian Citizen and has no relative, as listed above, residing in Canada, her parents are deceased, no common law partner and divorced. Can she sponsor nephew from Trinidad and Tobago?

If sponsorship is possible, can anyone offer guidance on how we can go about starting this process?

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Thank you.
So no children or grandparents. No family in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/eligibility.html

Check the eligibility here, then go to the how to apply section.

Reactions: Naturgrl