+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options for someone at CRS 458

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Hi,

I am a 46 years old guy, working in Canada on a LMIA exempt work permit for 2 years. My CRS score is 458, which may go up to 473 if I wait for another year. But I don't think it's a good idea.

I am working in Vancouver, but am open to move anywhere. My employer has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton and Moncton - so I can get job offers for these locations. For the rest, I won't have job offer.

Please guide me about the possible options. I am an IT manager (Job Code: 20012).

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am a 46 years old guy, working in Canada on a LMIA exempt work permit for 2 years. My CRS score is 458, which may go up to 473 if I wait for another year. But I don't think it's a good idea.

I am working in Vancouver, but am open to move anywhere. My employer has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton and Moncton - so I can get job offers for these locations. For the rest, I won't have job offer.

Please guide me about the possible options. I am an IT manager (Job Code: 20012).

Thanks
Look at all the PNP paths for the provinces with job offer. Research whether employer is eligible. For example, for Moncton, employer must be a “designated employer” by the province.

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Look at all the PNP paths for the provinces with job offer. Research whether employer is eligible. For example, for Moncton, employer must be a “designated employer” by the province.
Thank you. My employer will transfer me to our Edmonton office, so I will have an offer letter and I fall under one of the required job codes required for Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway.

I believe this is the right choice for me. Any pointers?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. My employer will transfer me to our Edmonton office, so I will have an offer letter and I fall under one of the required job codes required for Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway.

I believe this is the right choice for me. Any pointers?

Thanks
Make sure employer meets eligibility requirements for Alberta and NAICS code is on the list. This is the key for eligibility:

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Make sure employer meets eligibility requirements for Alberta and NAICS code is on the list. This is the key for eligibility:
Thanks.

My employer (HCL Canada Inc) is a subsidiary of HCL Technologies Ltd, I checked and they seem to have right NAICS code.

https://www.naics.com/company-profile-page/?co=11769

Thanks

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
So if the company meets Alberta eligibility requirements, you should be okay.
One more question. My employer, as a policy do not support PR process - they won't give the documents like Municipal license etc. I will have a letter of transfer to Alberta on a LMIA exempt closed work permit - will that work for Alberta Tech Pathway?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One more question. My employer, as a policy do not support PR process - they won't give the documents like Municipal license etc. I will have a letter of transfer to Alberta on a LMIA exempt closed work permit - will that work for Alberta Tech Pathway?

Thanks
Read the Alberta employer requirements and make sure your employer eligible.