+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opt-in for Valid Open Work Permit Holders

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Let's make his thread active to track the progress of opt-in. I also opted 18-month extension.
Did you guys receive any email after successfully opting it?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm a PGWP holder, and my wife has a SOWP. Both work permits expire by the end of September.

In April, I received the email to opt into a PGWP extension. By then, my passport expired before June 2025, and I couldn't renew it on time, so I didn't opt in.

My wife received the same email yesterday for her SOWP. She opted-in and should receive her extension. How can I renew my work permit now? Should I wait to be invited to opt in, or did I miss my window for PGWP?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I'm a PGWP holder, and my wife has a SOWP. Both work permits expire by the end of September.

In April, I received the email to opt into a PGWP extension. By then, my passport expired before June 2025, and I couldn't renew it on time, so I didn't opt in.

My wife received the same email yesterday for her SOWP. She opted-in and should receive her extension. How can I renew my work permit now? Should I wait to be invited to opt in, or did I miss my window for PGWP?
From what I understand, you would have to apply for the PGWP extension if you were not able to opt-in. Only downside is you have to pay for the application and be subjected to the usual WP application processing time.

Reactions: andrews17

Shamii

Nov 7, 2020
Hey all. I am a Study permit holder- expiring Nov 2023.. I applied for my study permit and my spouse Open Work Permit from my IRCC account. My spouse got email to opt in. Can I opt in for him under my account or should he create an account for himself?

I am seeing the link in my account to opt in..

Nany_canada

Jun 9, 2022
Hey all. I am a Study permit holder- expiring Nov 2023.. I applied for my study permit and my spouse Open Work Permit from my IRCC account. My spouse got email to opt in. Can I opt in for him under my account or should he create an account for himself?

I am seeing the link in my account to opt in..
You can do it from your account if you see the option. It's not necessary a new account for her

Reactions: Shamii

CHERA

May 10, 2021
Did anyone receive any email or confirmation letter?
Nothing received! After clicking opt-in button ..Just a note at the end highlighted in green stating application has been submitted and you won't receive any email confirmation for the same. Forget to take screenshot of the same.. Anyone received confirmation in the portal?

Reactions: YashP10

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
I opted in as well. I got a confirmation page saying it was submitted but nothing after that. My IRCC gc key portal isnt showing any trace of the opt in. Maybe they will just mail the new work permit?