+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity to immigrate to a small city in Manitoba

bilumoka

Oct 1, 2009
Forever Victory said:
For the Seniors in this post,

Before anything else, I am one of the backlog applicants affected by changes in the Canadian immigration law. I applied for permanent residency directly with the Canadian Embassy in Manila under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category way back in September 2005. When the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) announced the changes to eliminate backlog applicants last year through the Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, all 280,000 pre 2008 applicants (2004 - 2008) including their dependents will be refunded on their paid application fees. According to CIC, they can no longer process the pre 2008 backlog and will just concentrate on processing the in demand professions and skills released last May 4, 2013 (24 FSW professions and skills). The process will now be faster, it will only take less than a year to get permanent residency under the FSW, that is if the applicant's profession falls under the 24 in demand NOC professions / skills.

Upon hearing the news about refund, my hopes and dreams to live in Canada collapsed. I wasted or I should say all pre 2008 applicants wasted our youth (I was 38 when I applied, now I am 45 turning 46 this year), also wasted investment opportunities (did not buy anything or invest on anything) and overseas job opportunities from Macau and Saudi Arabia which I both turned down during the waiting period because I was very optimistic that my application will be approved especially waiting for so many years.

I am a Licensed Medical Laboratory Technologist but is currently working in the hotel / service industry. Although my profession as a Medical Laboratory Technologist is included in the May 4, 2013 FSW NOC in demand profession list, I will not qualify because I am not practicing my profession as a MLT. The last time I worked in a hospital (Philippine General Hospital) was way back in 1990 to 1993. The FSW category would require applicants to work in their profession at least one full year within the ten year period.

Because of my strong desire to pursue my dreams and goals to live and work in Canada, I recently applied with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program under the General Stream (friend endorsement) in Winnipeg last June 11, 2013.

As I was reading the Canada visa immigration forum, I found out that the General Stream category is taking a much longer time to process as compared to the Family Stream (close relative endorsement), and those with an ongoing job in Manitoba and those with approved LMO.

I am a simple person and would like to live a simple life preferably in a small city / town, that is why when I came across this post, it immediately caught my attention.

Before I apply, I have a few questions that needs clarification:

1. Will I still qualify even if I already applied under the General Stream last June 11, 2013. If no, can I withdraw my application and re-apply with the Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative.

2. Is my profession as a Medical Laboratory Technologist in demand in Morden?

3. Is it required for all applicants to do an exploratory visit even if I am very much confident that I will be able to blend and settle successfully in Morden.

Above are just a few questions I have in mind right now.

Any ideas or answers to the above will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi Forever Victory,

From my point of view, I think it would be better if you continue with the General (friend endorsement). Why ?

1. You have a better chance of getting the nomination through your friend.
2. Once Morden knows that you have a friend somewhere else in Manitoba, they won't give you the nomination. They want to be sure you have no ties anywhere else. Believe me, they will find out, cause Morden will check with Manitoba immigration if you have made any applications.
3. Your chance of getting the kind of job you want won't be limited to Morden if you get the nomination through your friend. You would be able to look for jobs all over Manitoba. I don't think it would be quite convenient if you got a job in Winnipeg (You would have a greater chance of getting the MLT job in Winnipeg) and had to commute to and fro Morden everyday because of the commitment you have made to live in Morden. There are no commuter trains between Morden and Winnipeg and the driving journey is no less than 1 hr 30 mins.

You would need to research about Medical Laboratory Technician jobs in Morden by checking the Canada job site and the local job sites in Morden and it's surroundings. I am very certain its a regulated profession and you would need to get some Canadian certifications or qualifications before you are licensed to practice. That may take some time to do, so factor that into your plans. If you are sure of getting the nomination through your friend, it may be advisable to find out how you can start such a course by long distance learning, so that as you are landing in Canada, you are qualified or almost qualified to practice.

The decision to come for an exploratory visit is in the hands of the committee that will review your application. If you are applying to Morden, you may have a skype interview and if they are satisfied with you, they could support you for nomination straight away without the need for an exploratory visit, but for others, they may insist on an exploratory visit.

Hope I have been able to help you out a bit.

Kind regards.

Bilumoka

bilumoka

Oct 1, 2009
Hi All,

If anyone has had an interview recently, please let us know. It would be a great help to all of us who are expecting a positive response.

We would like to know what was asked and what to expect from an interview.

Thanks

Gerly061007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
If you are applying to Morden, you may have a skype interview and if they are satisfied with you, they could support you for nomination straight away without the need for an exploratory visit, but for others, they may insist on an exploratory visit.

This statement is so intriguing. Can you explain further "they could support you for nomination straight away without the need for an exploratory visit,"?
My friends and I were invited but I don't know if they will support us without the need for EV.

Gerly061007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
bilumoka said:
Hi Forever Victory,

From my point of view, I think it would be better if you continue with the General (friend endorsement). Why ?

2. Once Morden knows that you have a friend somewhere else in Manitoba, they won't give you the nomination. They want to be sure you have no ties anywhere else. Believe me, they will find out, cause Morden will check with Manitoba immigration if you have made any applications.
3. Your chance of getting the kind of job you want won't be limited to Morden if you get the nomination through your friend. You would be able to look for jobs all over Manitoba. I don't think it would be quite convenient if you got a job in Winnipeg (You would have a greater chance of getting the MLT job in Winnipeg) and had to commute to and fro Morden everyday because of the commitment you have made to live in Morden. There are no commuter trains between Morden and Winnipeg and the driving journey is no less than 1 hr 30 mins.

You would need to research about Medical Laboratory Technician jobs in Morden by checking the Canada job site and the local job sites in Morden and it's surroundings. I am very certain its a regulated profession and you would need to get some Canadian certifications or qualifications before you are licensed to practice. That may take some time to do, so factor that into your plans. If you are sure of getting the nomination through your friend, it may be advisable to find out how you can start such a course by long distance learning, so that as you are landing in Canada, you are qualified or almost qualified to practice.

The decision to come for an exploratory visit is in the hands of the committee that will review your application. If you are applying to Morden, you may have a skype interview and if they are satisfied with you, they could support you for nomination straight away without the need for an exploratory visit, but for others, they may insist on an exploratory visit.

Kind regards.
Bilumoka

Bilumoka,

If you are applying to Morden, you may have a skype interview and if they are satisfied with you, they could support you for nomination straight away without the need for an exploratory visit, but for others, they may insist on an exploratory visit.

This statement is so intriguing. Can you explain further "they could support you for nomination straight away without the need for an exploratory visit,"?
My friends and I were invited but I don't know if they will support us without the need for EV.

Gerly061007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
fort lauderdale said:
Hello Gerly061007,

Please I would like to ask you some few questions?

1. I learnt that you and your friends applied as Registered Nurses to Morden Community, did all of you apply with your IELTS results before you were selected and what other document did you submit?

2.what are the questions that were asked during the skpe interview as a Registred Nurse?

3. Could you please also send the sample of your CV to my e-mail address, bentesy2 @ yahoo.com

Please I would like to have the answers to these questions because my wife is a Registred Nurse and has about 5 years working experience, but she has not written her IELTS yet.

She can't write her IELTS now, until October 2013 because she's struggling with her final year exams at the University for the award of ( BSN) Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

Thanks for your anticipated quick response.
Hi! Apologies for the late response.

1.did all of you apply with your IELTS results before you were selected and what other document did you submit?
7 of us applied. all of us are nurses both based in the philippines and in Singapore. 5 of us were give invitation to do the visit. 3 of us are in Sg and 2 are in the Philippines. 4 of us have valid IELTS on hand. Only 1 will be taking the exam.:) Are you from where?

2.what are the questions that were asked during the skype interview as a Registred Nurse? --nothing much about being a nurse.

Forever Victory

Mar 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Nomination.....
November 2013, by God's Grace
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted: 01-11-2013
Med's Request
Soon, in God's perfect time
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014 by God's Grace
bilumoka said:
Hi Forever Victory,

Kind regards.

Bilumoka
Hi Bilumoka,

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas. I will consider what you said in making my future plans. Thank you.

Regards,

Forever Victory.

cadbury

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2014
Nomination.....
October 3, 2014
IELTS Request
Included in the application
Med's Request
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015 (received further medical exam request: July 2, 2015. Submitted request July 5, 2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2015 (we were not able to comply for more than 2 months, they sent us extension letter on Sept 20, 2015 to comply)
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2015 - VOH October 17, 2015
Gerly061007 said:

1.did all of you apply with your IELTS results before you were selected and what other document did you submit?
7 of us applied. all of us are nurses both based in the philippines and in Singapore. 5 of us were give invitation to do the visit. 3 of us are in Sg and 2 are in the Philippines. 4 of us have valid IELTS on hand. Only 1 will be taking the exam.:) Are you from where?

2.what are the questions that were asked during the skype interview as a Registred Nurse? --nothing much about being a nurse.
Hi gerly061007! you said you were given an invitation for an ev, when are you going to have your EV? Thanks and more power!

Jul 10, 2013
Gerly061007 said:

Thanks for your answers.

I am a Nigerian.

Please one more question, did the only (1) that will be taking the exam invited too even without her/her IELTS result?

Jul 10, 2013
Gerly061007 said:

Jul 10, 2013
I am a Nigerian.

Please one more question, was the only (1) yet to take the IELTS exam invited too even without his/her IELTS result?

Gerly061007 said:

sperony

Jun 15, 2013
please house has anybody got a response this month? i am also waiting as i was told my review will be done this month. i am a nigerian too

Forever Victory

Mar 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Nomination.....
November 2013, by God's Grace
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted: 01-11-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014 by God's Grace
Hi Everyone,

As I read the website of Morden, they are looking for people with experience in manufacturing, machine operation, construction and welding. Does this mean to say that if we are not in the said field of work, we will not be able to qualify?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Forever Victory