+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity to immigrate to a small city in Manitoba

bilumoka

Oct 1, 2009
Is there anyone in this forum who knows of an IT professional who has successfully applied to Morden, Manitoba?

Jul 10, 2013
Hello Gerly061007,

Please I would like to ask you some few questions?

1. I learnt that you and your friends applied as Registered Nurses to Morden Community, did all of you apply with your IELTS results before you were selected and what other document did you submit?

2.what are the questions that were asked during the skpe interview as a Registred Nurse?

3. Could you please also send the sample of your CV to my e-mail address, bentesy2@yahoo.com

Please I would like to have the answers to these questions because my wife is a Registred Nurse and has about 5 years working experience, but she has not written her IELTS yet.

She can't write her IELTS now, until October 2013 because she's struggling with her final year exams at the University for the award of ( BSN) Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

Thanks for your anticipated quick response.

cadbury

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2014
Nomination.....
October 3, 2014
IELTS Request
Included in the application
Med's Request
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015 (received further medical exam request: July 2, 2015. Submitted request July 5, 2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2015 (we were not able to comply for more than 2 months, they sent us extension letter on Sept 20, 2015 to comply)
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2015 - VOH October 17, 2015
fort lauderdale said:
Hello Gerly061007,

Please I would like to ask you some few questions?

1. I learnt that you and your friends applied as Registered Nurses to Morden Community, did all of you apply with your IELTS results before you were selected and what other document did you submit?

2.what are the questions that were asked during the skpe interview as a Registred Nurse?

3. Could you please also send the sample of your CV to my e-mail address, bentesy2 @ yahoo.com

Please I would like to have the answers to these questions because my wife is a Registred Nurse and has about 5 years working experience, but she has not written her IELTS yet.

She can't write her IELTS now, until October 2013 because she's struggling with her final year exams at the University for the award of ( BSN) Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

Thanks for your anticipated quick response.
Hi! i think you need to submit the IELTS result together with your wife's CV. So she needs to take the IELTS first. Hope to hear from Gerly061007 to answer your questions #2. Question #3, I'm sure any CV format will do.
Good luck to you and your wife. God Bless!

kams0905

Apr 9, 2013
Hi Everyone,

what documents have you provided on your application to Morden submitted to Shelly?
planning to submit ours this July and were torn if we are to authenticate everything or submit it as is.
Papers on hand are bank statements, land title. Or still too early to submit this? CV and passport will do?

thanks!

salsarkar

May 9, 2012
Hi,
I am a 39 year old from Bangladesh. My wife is an American citizen and lives in USA but I live in Bangladesh(I'm not a American citizen, but Bangladeshi citizen). We are separated for a long time and She is not interested to come to Canada. So in the application do I have to put her information like her work history, her educational background etc?
Guys pls help me with this question. I really want to come to Canada, even if my wife is not interested. I really want to take advantage of this program if I qualify. Do I have any chance in this situation.

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping said:
Hi all

I sent my application through e-mail dated July 02,2013, and I no response until now?

Does any one here done with their exploratory visit in Morden? Please share your experience?

If my application is not qualified,are they going to inform me about the status of my application?

Please help.
HI Hoping ,
I also applied in JUly but not yet get any response from Shelly . I think no one get response for interview in this month
If any one get response from Shelly pl reply

Regards
Jewel

hoping

Apr 27, 2013
Hi Jewel,

I would like to know what is your profession and work experience?

Hoping that Ms. Shelly will respond to our e-mail.

Keep our fingers cross.

bilumoka

Oct 1, 2009
Jewel1020 said:
HI Hoping ,
I also applied in JUly but not yet get any response from Shelly . I think no one get response for interview in this month
If any one get response from Shelly pl reply

Regards
Jewel
Hi Jewel,

I applied on July 1st, but Shelly was on holiday and replied me on July 4th when she resumed. A close friend of mine also applied on July 4th and got a response from Shelly as well. I think she is still responding in July. It maybe she hasn't gotten around to responding to your mail yet.

Bilumoka

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
Dear Guys,
I am post graduate in Mechanical Engineering from India and have been Teaching as an Assistant Professor in a Government University from the past 6 years. I am Single and 31 years of age. I know both English and French. Can I apply for MORDEN?

Forever Victory

Mar 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Nomination.....
November 2013, by God's Grace
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted: 01-11-2013
Med's Request
Soon, in God's perfect time
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014 by God's Grace
For the Seniors in this post,

Before anything else, I am one of the backlog applicants affected by changes in the Canadian immigration law. I applied for permanent residency directly with the Canadian Embassy in Manila under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category way back in September 2005. When the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) announced the changes to eliminate backlog applicants last year through the Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, all 280,000 pre 2008 applicants (2004 - 2008) including their dependents will be refunded on their paid application fees. According to CIC, they can no longer process the pre 2008 backlog and will just concentrate on processing the in demand professions and skills released last May 4, 2013 (24 FSW professions and skills). The process will now be faster, it will only take less than a year to get permanent residency under the FSW, that is if the applicant's profession falls under the 24 in demand NOC professions / skills.

Upon hearing the news about refund, my hopes and dreams to live in Canada collapsed. I wasted or I should say all pre 2008 applicants wasted our youth (I was 38 when I applied, now I am 45 turning 46 this year), also wasted investment opportunities (did not buy anything or invest on anything) and overseas job opportunities from Macau and Saudi Arabia which I both turned down during the waiting period because I was very optimistic that my application will be approved especially waiting for so many years.

I am a Licensed Medical Laboratory Technologist but is currently working in the hotel / service industry. Although my profession as a Medical Laboratory Technologist is included in the May 4, 2013 FSW NOC in demand profession list, I will not qualify because I am not practicing my profession as a MLT. The last time I worked in a hospital (Philippine General Hospital) was way back in 1990 to 1993. The FSW category would require applicants to work in their profession at least one full year within the ten year period.

Because of my strong desire to pursue my dreams and goals to live and work in Canada, I recently applied with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program under the General Stream (friend endorsement) in Winnipeg last June 11, 2013.

As I was reading the Canada visa immigration forum, I found out that the General Stream category is taking a much longer time to process as compared to the Family Stream (close relative endorsement), and those with an ongoing job in Manitoba and those with approved LMO.

I am a simple person and would like to live a simple life preferably in a small city / town, that is why when I came across this post, it immediately caught my attention.

Before I apply, I have a few questions that needs clarification:

1. Will I still qualify even if I already applied under the General Stream last June 11, 2013. If no, can I withdraw my application and re-apply with the Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative.

2. Is my profession as a Medical Laboratory Technologist in demand in Morden?

3. Is it required for all applicants to do an exploratory visit even if I am very much confident that I will be able to blend and settle successfully in Morden.

Above are just a few questions I have in mind right now.

Any ideas or answers to the above will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.