London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-11
File Transfer...
17-02-11
Hi

I was told that it is a good idea to apply for an open work permit at the same time as sending my application for permanent residency. I have a friend who did just that and she was granted her work visa after the first approval stage (approval of the sponsor). The issue i have is that she applied for an in canada application, i am however sending mine to London. Will this process work for an application outside canada (i am living in Canada in a visitors visa)

Thanks

Helen

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
No, its just for inland applications :(

Rister

Jan 30, 2011
As being someone who is familiar with the sponsorship process I would highly recommend you send the open work permit application with the sponsorship application.But.... It is very important that the person getting sponsored from within Canada has status at the time of the application getting getting processed. If the person getting sponsored losses there status and does not have status before your cased is AIP (approved in principle) you will not be eligible to get a work permit or study visa.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
It won't work for one simple reason - work permit applications are sent to CPC Vegreville (same as inland PR applications), whereas your application goes first to Mississauga and then to London.

However, processing times for inland sponsorship are now 8-9 months - same time needed fro London to complete the whole application. If everything is OK with your package you will have PR (and no need for work permit) faster than you would have gotten the OWP.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rister said:
Are you sending the application to London , Ontario or London , England?
No spousal application are processed through London, Ontario. There are only two choices:
inland - Vegreville, Alberta
outland - Mississauga, Ontario (who after approving sponsorship will send file to overseas visa post for processing of the PR application)

If this is an outland application, there is no eligibility for the OWP.