+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
I have applied for an open work permit to be a live out caregiver and will be applying for the permit at the POE..as I was going through the papers and the document check list, there is a spot that says "proof that you qualify for the job." I do qualify as I have done this before but because I have never found a full time position, it was never added to my resume. Will this not be good for me?
A couple other quick questions..
1. I am from the states so I would obviously be visiting back here a lot..will I need to ask for a multiple entry visa?
2. Will I be getting a temporary resident visa?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Do you have formal education in childcare or education?

If not, you don't meet the qualifications for LCP and probably won't get approved.

If you're doing LCP, you don't get an open work permit. It's closed and you must have a LMO.

If you're America, you also don't get a TRV. You may be issues a Visitor's record for the length of the work permit.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
I didn't say I was doing LCP. Please read my entire post if you are willing to reply. The employer sent in the LMO for a child care provider under an open work permit.

If I don't get a TRV, how am I supposed to have a bank account, transfer my drivers license, etc.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Can someone please tell me if it is going to be difficult switching over a drivers licence, getting a bank account, a SIN number/card, and traveling to and from the states if I am not on TRV status. Do I also need to ask for a multiple entry visa?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oliviarene said:
I didn't say I was doing LCP. Please read my entire post if you are willing to reply. The employer sent in the LMO for a child care provider under an open work permit.
When someone tries to help you out but overlooks something, you could afford to be more gracious about it. And LMOs and open work permits don't go together.