+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit for Spouse. Please help!!!

Mosal

May 27, 2014
mead said:
[
he can apply for spousal open work permit or visitors visa and then work permit in canada what ever he wants, u will have to pay application fees twice if u apply for visitors visa first and then open work permit in canada.
I have similar situation. Got six month TRV which will be expired in Dec 2014. I'm traveling first week of Oct, shall I apply for OWP in Canada as my spouse is on study permit?

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
Hello guys,

I went through cic website throroughtly but without success so I hope someone can clear my concern. I've applied for 2 years full time program at SAIT as international student cos I am Slovak Republic citizen. One of addmission requirements is english profeciency so I will take CLBA test after my arrival. In case I will not
pass CLBA test SAIT english foundation program (ELF) will be required. Thats why I am enrolled firstly to ELF program with acceptance letter for ELF full time study, 1 year long with note ''after completing ELF program student intends to continue in 2years full time carrier study.

Anyway I would like to come to Canada with my common-law partner and my question is if she is eligible to apply for OWP if I will get my study permit initially for preparational program ? Or in other words, is ELF considered as post-secondary studies?

Thank you!

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Crypticlancer said:
Hi All,

If the work permit for spouse is applied from within Canada (i.e. if my husband comes on a visit and then applies from within Canada), how much time does it take to get the work permit?

Also does he have to stay in Canada till he receives his work permit or can he travel to other countries once the application has been filed

Please Help!!!!

Thanks
HI,
I along with my wife applied for study permit and OWP respectively and my wife got approval and after a week I got rejected. My wife is on Study permit at Canada. Now I want to apply a Visit visa along with my minor child who is aged about 2.5 years. What are all the forms should I fill up for minor girl. I am a practicing advocate in india and I don't have much documents to show my employment. Request senior members of the forum to advice me accordingly. How could I make a strong documentation. Really my child is missing mother's care. Thing of calling her back to India if visa rejects again.

Reasons for my rejection might be my profession.

Rejected for: Travel History, tie in Canada and home country, insufficient funds and purpose of visit

Shall I apply for Visit Visa or OWP seniors please suggest me, need your help

Thank u.

zhilamo_3000

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,

My wife applied twice for OPW and she got rejected. In the recent case, the officer mentioned the following reasons:
Other reasons:
only marriage certificate in common is unsufficient to demonstrate you are in a genuine relationship

I should apply for the extension of my study permit very soon. I would like to send the new OPW application of my wife along with my extension application. I would appreciate if you could help me to solve this problem in my new application.