+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work-Permit Application Advise

pradhasi

Feb 24, 2017
Hello,

I wanted to get some information to apply for an open work permit. Here is my background situation.

I was on an open work-permit until Jan 7 2019. Before the expiry of my open work-permit, I applied for Temporary Resident - Visitor Record and was approved until Aug 30 2019. I received an invitation to apply for Permanent Resident under Express Entry on Jan 31 and I have submitted my permanent Resident Application to CIC on April 1st.
I am wandering if I am eligible to apply for an open work- permit until the decision on my Permanent Resident application is made. I am currently inside Canada and my status is Temporary Resident - Visitor Record. Please provide an insight on this situation.

Regards,
Siddhartha Pradhan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I wanted to get some information to apply for an open work permit. Here is my background situation.

I was on an open work-permit until Jan 7 2019. Before the expiry of my open work-permit, I applied for Temporary Resident - Visitor Record and was approved until Aug 30 2019. I received an invitation to apply for Permanent Resident under Express Entry on Jan 31 and I have submitted my permanent Resident Application to CIC on April 1st.
I am wandering if I am eligible to apply for an open work- permit until the decision on my Permanent Resident application is made. I am currently inside Canada and my status is Temporary Resident - Visitor Record. Please provide an insight on this situation.

Regards,
Siddhartha Pradhan
No - you are not eligible for an open work permit.

To be eligible to apply for an open work permit - you must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply. Since your work permit expired in January, you don't meet this requirement.