+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPEN UNNAMED LMO

joymaine

Apr 1, 2013
I got an OPEN UNNAMED LMO from my employer, and he said that my name was already sent to Service Canada. Do i need to wait for the confirmation before I proceed to application of Visa? please help. because I only have 1 month then my LMO will be expired.

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
You can start your online application now as you may encounter some diffuculties that possibly lead to the delay of your submission. You employer most probably submitted your name to HRSDC already. Usually it take until 5 days when HRSDC will notify your employer that the LMO is already under your name.
All the best.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, you have to wait till you get the named LMO.

If you apply for a work permit based on an unnamed LMO, you will be refused.

kalaguku

Jan 6, 2013
amira_mais said:

ganon po nangyari sa akin..unnamed LMO po ang ginamit sa akin..after 3 months..tumawag embassy sa akin..saying that my Lmo is invalid and wala yung pangalan ko..that was march 1,pero di ko pa na received refusal letter ko and requirements ko from embassy 'til now.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

amira_mais said:

Wrong! Please read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob310.asp

redz009

Feb 13, 2013
hi! im new here.. my LMO is still in process.. im worried so much because my friend asked me to send my resume but then i forgot to put in my resume the duration of my work experience.. they offer me a job which is FCA.. is there a possibility that my LMO refused?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Wrong! Please read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob310.asp
I'm not wrong.

I think we've had this discussion before. You're confusing an unnamed LMO (which is a pre-authorization issued before the employer has identified a foreign worker) with a named LMO (which is a full authorization issued after the employer has identified the foreign worker; however, the worker's name will not appear on the confirmation letter for privacy reasons).

The Operational Bulletin you linked to pertains to named LMOs. Just because the worker's name is no longer shown on the confirmation letter, it doesn't mean that you can call it an unnamed LMO.

Unnamed LMOs can't be used to apply for work permits, for the simple reason that they are not full authorizations. If you want further proof, look for people who've posted experiences attesting to this on these forums.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

amira_mais said:
I'm not wrong.

I think we've had this discussion before. You're confusing an unnamed LMO (which is a pre-authorization issued before the employer has identified a foreign worker) with a named LMO (which is a full authorization issued after the employer has identified the foreign worker; however, the worker's name will not appear on the confirmation letter for privacy reasons).

The Operational Bulletin you linked to pertains to named LMOs. Just because the worker's name is no longer shown on the confirmation letter, it doesn't mean that you can call it an unnamed LMO.

Unnamed LMOs can't be used to apply for work permits, for the simple reason that they are not full authorizations. If you want further proof, look for people who've posted experiences attesting to this on these forums.
If an employer has an approved LMO for more than 1 employee, there are no names on the LMO. It is valid for obtaining a TWP as when the VO checks the system, the person's name does show up.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
If an employer has an approved LMO for more than 1 employee, there are no names on the LMO. It is valid for obtaining a TWP as when the VO checks the system, the person's name does show up.
Agreed. But what you're describing is a (fully approved) LMO which merely has no names printed on the confirmation letter for privacy reasons, even though the names are known to HRSDC.

The OP is talking about (pre-approved) unnamed LMOs which are issued upon an employer's request before a foreign worker has been identified for the position. The reason HRSDC/SC issues such opinions is to benefit employers, many of whom prefer to have a pre-approved LMO in hand before they start recruiting overseas (or just to keep their options open). Unnamed LMOs cannot be used to obtain work permits because they are not full authorizations.

A recent poster (pultyn) alluded to this - he tried to flagpole with an unnamed LMO and was told to return once he had a proper one in hand. See:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flag-pole-lmo-job-offer-and-t134844.0.html;msg2089453#msg2089453

If you refer back to the original post, the writer said: "I got an OPEN UNNAMED LMO from my employer, and he said that my name was already sent to Service Canada. Do i need to wait for the confirmation before I proceed to application of Visa? please help. because I only have 1 month then my LMO will be expired."

So (1) the writer himself says it's an open unnamed LMO, (2) he notes that his name was sent to SC (which implies it was sent AFTER the LMO was approved, hence making it an unnamed LMO, (3) he asks if he can apply for the WP before getting the confirmation as the LMO will expire in one month. Since he doesn't have a confirmed LMO, what he does have is an unnamed one. The fact that he received the LMO with one month left to expiry also indicates that it was unnamed and needed to have a name supplied to HRSDC/SC before being valid for use.

For what it's worth, HRSDC itself uses the terms LMO and unnamed LMO to distinguish between the two types of opinions.

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Based on my experience, you can apply for a work permit using an unnamed LMO as long as your employer submitted your name already to HRSDC. That's the case of my first LMO.
My second LMO is also unnamed, when my employer gave me that LMO he was just about to submit my name to HRSDC and its Friday. I submitted online my permit on Monday. My employer told me that HRSDC confirmed about my name affixed on the LMO next monday.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for mentioning that, it's interesting to know. It appears that border officers exercise some discretion about accepting unnamed LMOs - you got through, but others like pultyn haven't (as per regulations).

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Maybe his employer failed to submit his name to HRSDC or maybe his employer have more number of applicants than what their open LMO allows. Sad to mention but there are some uninformed/unaware employers.

reyvil13pv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI EMBASSY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Passport Req..
26-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON
Hi i hve an unnamed lmo submitted with my application to the abu dhabi embassy last april 8. But i didnt check yet with my employer if she submitted name to HRSDC.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I work permit is expiring 2nd week of Dec 2013 . My Employer has an unnamed LMO.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/unnamed_lmo.shtml

I am filling Work permit extension form IMM5710 E .
In the section "Details of Intended Work In Canada" question no. 6 (LMO) No.

When I asked my employer about LMO no. He gave me employer id .
The form doesn't validate and an error pops up saying LMO no. should be greater than or equal to 6000000.

Can anybody help me on this ? My employer doesn't know much about these things and I will follow up with
him to so that he can ask his lawyer.

Any pointers would be great here.

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Hi i have unnamed lmo too and just waiting for confirmation from my employer , its almost a month today and im still waiting , ur employer can apply for another lmo while ur working for him, as long as its on process so u dont have a problem