+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open LMO

service08

Aug 19, 2010
Hello guys, just wanted to know about the open LMO, my brother has the job offer and the open LMO has no name on it, and only 2 pages that the employer sent about the confirmation number and the annex is not included instead of 4 pages, is this ok @ manila embassy? Please i really appreciate your advise...thanks!

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
An Open LMO is an unspecified LMO issued to employer who looks for future FWs. Basically there is a quota ER can use. If ER finds a qualified candidate, ER has to add FW name to the LMO and a specified LMO with name of FW will be given. Its the validation of open LMO.

For the case, if ER gives an unspecified LMO, you need to confirm with ER that the name is in the system when you apply for WP. If the name is not in the system, may end up with refusal of WP.

service08

Aug 19, 2010
Hello Pro_Public..thanks for the info's my employer only give me the confirmation number and a letter from the hrsdc that he is approved to hire the foreign worker, its a blank LMO and my name is not in it. instead of 4 pages he only give 2 pages as he said they only need 2 because the rest is confidential for employer's copy. How can i tell if this is a real or valid LMO? does he need to submit my name to the CIC to confirm first? pls help, thank's Public.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
You need ask him if your name has been validated to the LMO. ER can keep the copy with your name on it and he is right he is not required to give u that page. You can apply with the page with approved LMO # even you did not see your name on it. CIC has access to see if your name is there or not. Based on that he told you he should not give you the page, I believe he has received the validated page. But its for your peace of mind to confirm with him your name has been validated, for example, he can show you the page if possible like through vedio conference.
It did not really make sense why he would like to hire without giving you the right support. Unless its fraud, like if he refers you to agency to process your WP with high fees.

service08

Aug 19, 2010
Thanks Pro_Public, actually my employer approved for 10 open Lmo the 7 foreign workers is the agency processed all their documents and he has 3 left lmo and he give it to me and my 2 friends in same confirmation number, its confusing because we have no contracts i just want to confirm here ask any advise before i apply to embassy. Pls need your input guys.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
You need contract/accepted offer letter to apply for your WP. WP processing fee $150, if agency ask more than that, you can decided whether you want to apply yourself. If your ER did not allow you to apply by yourself, there is sth not right.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
Hi service08,

I just wonder why this secrecy from your employer about the other two pages of the LMO and no contract?
The latter is very important and one of the essential requirements to apply for your visa.
Usually contract comes first before the LMO or it is both send by the employer to you.

Good luck.

service08

Aug 19, 2010
Hello Goldbank thanks for your comment i really appreciate, i wonder why the 2pages that the Er give it to me out of pages on the top of the LMO it was approved believed me the reason is, he said it is confidential only him will know about the content especially his information the 7foreign worker he already hired thru the agency as he said he only give 1 page of the Lmo, is this right? he even didnt give me the contract just 2 pages of the LMO a letter from the hrsdc explaining that he was approved to hire a foreign worker, and has an LMO number, this is open LMo thats why i ask any advise what to do i emailed him yesterday thru Pro_Public advise i told my ER to validate the LMO tom ake sure my name is in the system so that by the time i apply for work permit at CEM i have a name on the system, aside from that a job offer and contract is the same? or different? he sent me an email about the job offer at the bottom is date and signed as well as the condition and benefits. As far i understand contract is different from the job offer, a contract is the one agreed from the service Canada? pls need your comments ..thanks po!

service08

Aug 19, 2010

Hi Pro_Public, sorry for not to reply right away, we are 3 actually right now that would like to apply at CEM but we will make sure we have the right documents before the courier pick up, this is very confusing, i dont want to go with the agency, the agency i am talkin' about is the 7 foreign worker that EM hired thru the agency, for me and my 2 friends is just a direct hire tru email communication. But the one that doesn't make sense he only email about the job offer sign and date at the bottom and the 2 pages of LMO out 4? and there is no contract. I will tell him about the contract also. So Pro-Pubic my employer needs to call service Canada first? inorder our name will be listed?

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
As I said, if your ER has added your name to the Open LMO, you are fine to use the first 2 pages along with your signed offer letter or contract to apply for your visa/WP. As long as your name is in the HRSDC system, CIC will consider issue your visa and WP based on your addmissibility. So you can ask him to show you the pages if your are very concerned. Your ER is not required to give the other pages with your name and others name on it. BTW, which province is your ER?

service08

Aug 19, 2010
Hi Pr0_Public thanks for the reply, i will work at the province of SK, i talked to the CIC they said they dont need my name appear on the system the important is the confirmation of the Lmo and the job offer. Where are u in Canada pro? God bless po!