+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open LMO and my current status. What to do?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
"From Inside Canada" can mean:
a) staying in Canada and mailing the application to the US or
b) staying in Canada and applying online or by mail to Vegreville, AB

Take a look at the link again here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

This is what it says for Canada(remember you have been legally admitted to Canada based on the visitor visa)

COUNTRY/TERRITORY : Canada (for temporary lawful resident only)

Applications for Permanent Resident Visas: CPP-O

Applications for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits or Work Permits: For new study or temporary work permits, apply to:
Los Angeles
New York

If you want to apply for a work permit or study permit, mail your application(be sure to use the correct application package) to either Los Angeles or New York visa office. You do not have to go to the US to apply but be prepared to travel there should they request an interview.

For new temporary resident visas (MUST hold a valid study or work permit), apply to: CPP-O

Visitors in Canada, who require a TRV, can no longer submit their application to a visa office in the United States when applying from inside Canada. They must apply either to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality, or to a visa office in a country in which they are present and have been legally admitted.

Applications for Travel Documents (Permanent Residents Abroad): N/A

Hope this helps.

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much SenoritaBella Im quite relieve now...knowing that I could still send my work permit applicatoin in any of the Canada Offices you have mention while inside canada as a VISITOR VISA holder and no need to go back to my home country and to apply for a work permit...

Yes, this really helps us a lot, with same situation of mine seeking for a clear answer... More Power to you...

abbet

May 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:

Take a look at the link again here:

This is what it says for Canada(remember you have been legally admitted to Canada based on the visitor visa)

Applications for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits or Work Permits: For new study or temporary work permits, apply to:
Los Angeles
New York

If you want to apply for a work permit or study permit, mail your application(be sure to use the correct application package) to either Los Angeles or New York visa office. You do not have to go to the US to apply but be prepared to travel there should they request an interview.

For new temporary resident visas (MUST hold a valid study or work permit), apply to: CPP-O

Visitors in Canada, who require a TRV, can no longer submit their application to a visa office in the United States when applying from inside Canada. They must apply either to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality, or to a visa office in a country in which they are present and have been legally admitted.

Hope this helps.
Hello senoritabella!
Thanks for the insight it is really a big help and enlightenment.

Another query, do we need to extend our visitor"s visa if in any case that the work permit is not release before the expiration of our visitors visa? I am holding a multiple entry visitors visa valid until 2014.

Also, what if the LA or NYC office has ask us to go for an interview and we are on the not exempt nationality, will the US embassy here in Ontario can issue a tourist visa for us just to attend the interview?

You reply is highly appreciated. Thanks so much

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You are welcome. :)

abbet said:
Hello senoritabella!
Thanks for the insight it is really a big help and enlightenment.

Another query, do we need to extend our visitor"s visa if in any case that the work permit is not release before the expiration of our visitors visa? I am holding a multiple entry visitors visa valid until 2014.

No need to extend visitor visa. Reason is you will have "implied status" because you applied for the work permit BEFORE the visitor visa expired. You can stay in Canada until CIC makes a decision on your application and wait for the permit before you begin work.

Also, what if the LA or NYC office has ask us to go for an interview and we are on the not exempt nationality, will the US embassy here in Ontario can issue a tourist visa for us just to attend the interview?

You can apply for a US visa to attend the interview, no gurantee it will be granted. However, submitting a thorough application may improve your chances. You need to satisfy the officer that you will leave the US at the end of your authorized stay, have adequate funds, show strong ties to Canada(e.g. a worker - letter from employer to confirm employment; a student - proof of paid tuition fees, letter to confirm enrollment).

Hope this helps.

You reply is highly appreciated. Thanks so much

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp whether you need to undergo an immigration medical exam(IME).

Search for Designated Medical Practitioners here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx ... I believe you need to wait until you receive the medical request from the visa office.

hoping2b said:
Thank you very much SenoritaBella Im quite relieve now...knowing that I could still send my work permit applicatoin in any of the Canada Offices you have mention while inside canada as a VISITOR VISA holder and no need to go back to my home country and to apply for a work permit...

Yes, this really helps us a lot, with same situation of mine seeking for a clear answer... More Power to you...

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
Check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp whether you need to undergo an immigration medical exam(IME).

Search for Designated Medical Practitioners here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx ... I believe you need to wait until you receive the medical request from the visa office.
SenoritaBella, Thank you for all of these informartion your goodness really appreciated.... God bless!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You are welcome. You can also find out where to send your application on a map by following these steps:
1. go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c
2. click on "Use our interactive map" which takes you here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp
3. Select the type of application (in your case, it's "temporary resident visa, study permit and work permit applications") and click "submit"
4. A map appears plus the information below: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp?q=3

Temporary Resident Visa, Study Permit and Work Permit Applications
1.Using the map below, find your country of nationality, country of residence or country/territory where you have been legally admitted.
2. Select the information bubble for your country/territory to find out where to send your application.

5. You are legally admitted to Canada(visitor visa), so click on the information bubble located on "Ottawa" and a comment box pops up with this information:

" Canada (For temporary lawful residents only)

Office responsible for processing applications:

Immigrants: CPP-O
Visitors*: CPP-O
Workers**: Los Angeles, New York
Students**: Los Angeles, New York

*For new visitor visas (MUST hold a valid study or work permit)
**For new study or temporary work permits "

Note that you can move the map to find any country.

hoping2b said:
SenoritaBella, Thank you for all of these informartion your goodness really appreciated.... God bless!

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow wonderful! this very helpful.... a million thanks, SenoritaBella.

SenoritaBella said:
You are welcome. You can also find out where to send your application on a map by following these steps:
1. go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c
2. click on "Use our interactive map" which takes you here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp
3. Select the type of application (in your case, it's "temporary resident visa, study permit and work permit applications") and click "submit"
4. A map appears plus the information below: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp?q=3

Temporary Resident Visa, Study Permit and Work Permit Applications
1.Using the map below, find your country of nationality, country of residence or country/territory where you have been legally admitted.
2. Select the information bubble for your country/territory to find out where to send your application.

5. You are legally admitted to Canada(visitor visa), so click on the information bubble located on "Ottawa" and a comment box pops up with this information:

" Canada (For temporary lawful residents only)

Office responsible for processing applications:

Immigrants: CPP-O
Visitors*: CPP-O
Workers**: Los Angeles, New York
Students**: Los Angeles, New York

*For new visitor visas (MUST hold a valid study or work permit)
**For new study or temporary work permits "

Note that you can move the map to find any country.

abbet

May 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
You are welcome. :)
hello senoritabella. Many hanks for all the information.
One last question. For US visa when u say workers- employers confirmation of employment, meaning I can ask for a letter of guarantee to my employer that my main purpose in going to the US is for an interview?
Thanks again so much

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No dear. The letter from your employer serves as proof of employment. This will show the visa officer that you have something(a job) that will make it likely for you to return to Canada.

abbet said:
hello senoritabella. Many hanks for all the information.
One last question. For US visa when u say workers- employers confirmation of employment, meaning I can ask for a letter of guarantee to my employer that my main purpose in going to the US is for an interview?
Thanks again so much

abbet

May 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
No dear. The letter from your employer serves as proof of employment. This will show the visa officer that you have something(a job) that will make it likely for you to return to Canada.
so no need for me to ask my employer a letter to be shown at the US embassy?
one last question, can i apply a U visa at the border? someone told me that I can do that. could you pleae clarifiy this info.
many thanks again

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Ask your employer for a letter that proves you work for them. Include it with your application. What's a "U visa"? For the most part, people who need visas to enter Canada or the USA are restricted in the kinds of services available at the border.

abbet said:
so no need for me to ask my employer a letter to be shown at the US embassy?
one last question, can i apply a U visa at the border? someone told me that I can do that. could you pleae clarifiy this info.
many thanks again

abbet

May 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
Ask your employer for a letter that proves you work for them. Include it with your application. What's a "U visa"? For the most part, people who need visas to enter Canada or the USA are restricted in the kinds of services available at the border.
Sorry its a US visa.
Thanks for the information! God bless you!

axia_maiden

Jul 5, 2013
SINGAPORE PROCESSING TIME FOR CAREGIVER VISA

HI EVERYONE, HAS ANYONE TRIED APPLYING FOR A CAREGIVER VISA IN SINGAPORE RECENTLY? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO PROCESS? I AM SEEING DIFFERENT INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET. I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE IS CORRECT. SOME SAY IT TAKES MORE THAN 20 MONTHS TO PROCESS HERE WHICH IS EVEN LONGER THAN IN THE PHILIPPINES, OTHER SITES ARE GIVING ME 6-8 MONTH... ANY ANSWER WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. GOD BLESS...

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
SenoritaBella said:

Take a look at the link again here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

Los Angeles
New York

Hope this helps.
Senioritabelle,

If the applicant is inside Canada, application for work permit should be mailed to the US (NYC). What if the person is called for an interview? How can that person enter the U.S. if the original passport is included in the application package submitted to New York office.

Thanks!