Med's Request
20-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-12-2010
Passport Req..
18-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent..
According to one one of my known, It took him 2 weeks ( To get in Canada ).

enna said:
Good morning to everyone,

I like to ask, how long does Detroit returned passport?

thanks

enna

Feb 14, 2011
i got confused with your statement (to get in Canada) ...i mailed my passport and they received it last april 29...i included a prepaid express mail but if i tracked it, i see nothing yet..

InEdm said:
According to one one of my known, It took him 2 weeks ( To get in Canada ).

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
lovepool4u2001 said:
What is the process for a leased\financed vehicle to be exported. If differs do you have any inputs.
visit www.ucanimport.com. click on the US-Canada Border Crossing Information on the lower right of your screen.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Good afternoon BZ Mom,

Can i asked you if you are a filipina....

thanks

enna

BZ Mom said:
visit www.ucanimport.com. click on the US-Canada Border Crossing Information on the lower right of your screen.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
[

Thanks very much lightinthemist

quote author=lightsinthemist link=topic=15729.msg765570#msg765570 date=1305308317]
Qureshi

Kindly use the search button and you will notice this same topic has been discussed in this thread a few times before.

Anywaz here goes.

1.If your H1 extension is after six years and after six year extensions are only granted by an approved labour app(gc) in usa.The sixth year extension is contingent upon the usa immigration process and yes you might have an problem at the interview...

2.You can appear any time before expiration with the new approved I-797.

3.You cannot hold both PR's at the same time. You will have to renounce either the canadian PR or Usa gc after you get them.

If you are only an 3rd yr H1 extension....there should be no problem.

[/quote]

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lights,

Dont want to change the topic of discussion, are you sure about the following observation?

"3.You cannot hold both PR's at the same time. You will have to renounce either the canadian PR or Usa gc after you get them"

Can you please share source fo this info plez?

Ismail

lightsinthemist said:
Qureshi

Kindly use the search button and you will notice this same topic has been discussed in this thread a few times before.

Anywaz here goes.

1.If your H1 extension is after six years and after six year extensions are only granted by an approved labour app(gc) in usa.The sixth year extension is contingent upon the usa immigration process and yes you might have an problem at the interview...

2.You can appear any time before expiration with the new approved I-797.

3.You cannot hold both PR's at the same time. You will have to renounce either the canadian PR or Usa gc after you get them.

If you are only an 3rd yr H1 extension....there should be no problem.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
enna said:
Good afternoon BZ Mom,

Can i asked you if you are a filipina....

thanks

enna
yes I am. what about you?

C

cchabert

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Lights,

Dont want to change the topic of discussion, are you sure about the following observation?

"3.You cannot hold both PR's at the same time. You will have to renounce either the canadian PR or Usa gc after you get them"

Ismail
This is what I found on US Green Card:

Once you receive a green card, you must meet a few conditions if you want to keep it for life. For one thing, you must not violate certain criminal or immigration laws -- including one law that requires you to advise the immigration authorities within ten days if you change addresses. For another, you must not abandon the United States as your permanent residence.

An immigrant can even be removed for failing to advise USCIS of a change of address within ten days of moving. In the past, USCIS almost never did anything about this. However, with increased security concerns, USCIS has begun using this rule against people it wishes to remove from the United States. You can now use USCIS's online service to notify it of your change of address.

Many people wrongly believe that to keep your green card all you need to do is enter the U.S. at least once a year. The fact is that if you ever leave the U.S. with the intention of making some other country your permanent home, you give up your U.S. residency when you go. The border officials will look at your behavior for signals that your real place of residence is not the United States.

The link:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/keeping-green-card-29707.html

Sooner or later someone will find out (US or Canada) is up to you if you like to play with risk.

Peace!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
inazakat said:
Hi BZ Mom

Thanks for your reply really appreciated! ,

Yes I am referring to the cash amount. We have to 2 kids so its going to be $20,654 as per cic website but Can I carry less amount coz I am not moving there yet? Or do we have to show them the proof funds ,We will only be there for a week and will come back to US and going to move permanently by the end of this year.- Upon landing, you have to show them the full amount required for proof of funds. But you can bring cash of any amount to cover your expenses during your stay. Pls note that proof of funds (e.g., bank statements, draft, etc.) is different from the amount of money or cash that you are bringing with you.
Would really appreciate your thoughts on it!

Thanks in advance

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Lettuce Bro

Here is the source of that info.USCIS Memo and also in general the US CBF and Canadian border force regularly quiz people on these matters if they are holding both. Technically this will kick into place only after both gc's are in hand.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

1.If we dont stay in Canada for the 3 years we will anyhow lose the canadian PR.
1.We cannot stay more than 6 months outside the US after receiving the US GC.-Anything more than 6 months requires an re entry permit and those are not being granted easily.

So pretty much due to the exclusive nature of both the rules people give up one of them.Either Border force can refuse entrance to either country if they find you are not satisfying the residence requirement and will assume to have abandoned the gc in that country.

Even if one decides to commute daily from Montana to Alberta, or Ny to Toronto...still primary residence questions will come up.

The border patrol holds the power to intrepret this rule. I know some people do the six months in NY,six months in Toronto thingy...but they are clamping down hard nowadays.

Regards
Lights

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Lights,

Ismail

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
I just showed the BOFA statement during my landing and I did not move my funds during my landing formalities, I think they are interested in validating whether you are having the required funds mentioned per person.

cchabert said:
They can ask for all the amount even if you mention that youi'll be there just for a week, when you land is part of the requirement, what happend if you decide to stay and never come back? the website specifies the money you need to bring for your own expenses. I wouldn't tried to do that.
This is my humble opinion.

Peace!!
Hi BZ Mom

Yes I am referring to the cash amount. We have to 2 kids so its going to be $20,654 as per cic website but Can I carry less amount coz I am not moving there yet? Or do we have to show them the proof funds ,We will only be there for a week and will come back to US and going to move permanently by the end of this year.

Thanks in advance

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Calgary2010

I had a similar doubt with regards to show proof of funds and also posted in the landing thread.
Previously Ell.Bee and other users had just used bank printouts or letters as proof of funds.

1.Would an letter from the bank or deposit statement be sufficient proof for the officer at Calgary Airport.
2.Would the expectation be that 10K or more(depending on family size) has to be shown in liquid cash
Also carrying more than 10K in either cash or traveller cheques will violate custom cash import rules ? So how much should one carry .
4.Also for people coming back with AVR does it really matter to show the funds because they are not moving right away and might not be opening the bank account right away?

I have looked at the CIC website and it does mention proof of funds as an requirement....however have not seen any major posts with regards to this matter from the users.

I would like to know as well .

Lights

calgary2010 said:
I just showed the BOFA statement during my landing and I did not move my funds during my landing formalities, I think they are interested in validating whether you are having the required funds mentioned per person.

Hi BZ Mom

Yes I am referring to the cash amount. We have to 2 kids so its going to be $20,654 as per cic website but Can I carry less amount coz I am not moving there yet? Or do we have to show them the proof funds ,We will only be there for a week and will come back to US and going to move permanently by the end of this year.

Thanks in advance

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hey, please see my notes:
1. Either that or a print out of your full bank statement/s (I took 3 months')
2. Yes, pls refer to CIC web page for the list of amounts by family size. ensure your balances in total comes to that.
3. No need to carry any cash except for your immediate need. Bank statements is enough. Inform them you'll move these funds to Canada bank.
4. Why would you want to mention that you will return on AVR to US? Skip it.

If you don't have the required funds mentioned in CIC web page, you should be worried about your financial status and start saving! That is the minimum level of liquidity expected to maintain your family for a short period of time if you don't have pay check.

lightsinthemist said:
Calgary2010

I had a similar doubt with regards to show proof of funds and also posted in the landing thread.
Previously Ell.Bee and other users had just used bank printouts or letters as proof of funds.

1.Would an letter from the bank or deposit statement be sufficient proof for the officer at Calgary Airport.
2.Would the expectation be that 10K or more(depending on family size) has to be shown in liquid cash
Also carrying more than 10K in either cash or traveller cheques will violate custom cash import rules ? So how much should one carry .
4.Also for people coming back with AVR does it really matter to show the funds because they are not moving right away and might not be opening the bank account right away?

I have looked at the CIC website and it does mention proof of funds as an requirement....however have not seen any major posts with regards to this matter from the users.

I would like to know as well .

Lights

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
few landing experiences I found,which talks about funds

Posting by monteiromarcosb- Landing at coutts
He didn't ask for extra pictures, didn't ask for money or any bank statements (the only question about money was if I had more than $10,000 which I promptly said no). He asked for the address to send the PR cards and then I gave the address of a friend in Lethbridge. I didn't bring anything with me so I gave my list of goods to follow without any problems. We (my wife 3 kids and myself) then drove to Lethbridge.

I took, $2,000 in cash, bank statements (a little over $10,000 ), my retirement account ($10,000), but the officer never asked me about any money and just wrote "N/A" on the forms.

posting by Ooselo @ calgary airport

She asked how money I was bringing with me and I answered $500 USD, but in my bank account I have more than $14,000 CAD, then she put that amount in the form (the actual amount I mentioned). She never asked for any kind of proof.

Ell. Bee @ Calgary airport

They did not ask me to show any proof of funds. They only asked me how much I am gonna carry with me later. I told them the amount and they made a note of it. Incase they ask you, the bank statements should be good enough as proof of funds.

Read the first page in this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html