Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Thanks calgary2010 for pointing to the correct post.

Since the email did not mention about height and eye color either, I am going to call them tomorrow for these clarifications before sending the PPs.

They have in-person stamping too on Thursdays, but the PP can be collected only after 7 days. So that would not be a good option for me, since I am in FL.

Folks waiting for PPR - just hang there. everyone will have their good news soon.

calgary2010 said:
Congrats Yojo. You called this Tuesday a good day!
VAtoCA posted about the photo requirements on January 24, 2011, 04:25:31 pm.
Also you should consider the in-person stamping as its taking a month or so, might be Seatle is quicker. Good Luck :)

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yojo said:
Hi Everyone,

Good News !!! I got PPR request by email today from Seattle.

They have asked to submit the passports within 30 days, along with RPRF. I have to do landing before Aug 5th, 2011.

I have some questions for senior members who already got PPR -

1) The email does not specify anything regarding photos. Do we have to send those anyways ?
2) Details regarding postage by USPS. Which type is better ? How to send the pre-paid envelope (is it with stamps or with the pre-paid sticker) ?
Expecting a reply soon.
Thanks.
Congrats and glad to see some moment. Below are my experience regarding your questions.

1. Yes, you need to sent 2 photos. Below are specification from my email:

"ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED TWO PICTURES FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY. The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. The requirements are as follows:

•DIMENSIONS - 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size. Show a full front view of the person's
head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph. Measure between 25 mm
and 30 mm (1" and 1 3/8") from chin to crown

•BACKGROUND - be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows

•COLOUR - photograph can be in black and white, or colour

•CONDITION - no creases or staple holes should mar the face of the person. Facial features should be visible

•AGE OF PHOTO - 1. Within 6 months; 2. Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)

•PHOTO PAPER - 1. Produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera; 2. On photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date without smearing. Photos without this backing are not acceptable; 3. On prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent fading and discolouration

•IMPORTANT - must be original photo (not taken from any existing photo)"

2. I bought a prepaid USPS express mail envelope with tracking number and put it inside my envelope along with Passport. The Post office will take care of this. After after two weeks I saw on tracking that my passport was mailed.

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
Congrats Yojo, good to see PPR from Detroit. Did they request you for any additional documents since your file was transferred? If they are sending PPR's based on medicals i should be next too...

Pls keep us posted as we move forward.

yojo said:
Hi Everyone,

They have asked to submit the passports within 30 days, along with RPRF. I have to do landing before Aug 5th, 2011.

1) The email does not specify anything regarding photos. Do we have to send those anyways ?
2) Details regarding postage by USPS. Which type is better ? How to send the pre-paid envelope (is it with stamps or with the pre-paid sticker) ?

Expecting a reply soon.

Thanks.

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
I don't think they have a ph no to answer calls...your best bet would be to send case specific inquiry.

yojo said:
Thanks calgary2010 for pointing to the correct post.

Since the email did not mention about height and eye color either, I am going to call them tomorrow for these clarifications before sending the PPs.

They have in-person stamping too on Thursdays, but the PP can be collected only after 7 days. So that would not be a good option for me, since I am in FL.

Folks waiting for PPR - just hang there. everyone will have their good news soon.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
congratulations yojo.

yojo said:
Hi Everyone,

Expecting a reply soon.

Thanks.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
King80,

Did you e status change to " Medical results have been received" Please advise.

Thanks

King80 said:
Hi,
Rightly said. I don't know what the ........... they are doing at NY. In my case also, i can't even move in my career because of this. I am completeing my H1B 5 years in July. I was thinking not to apply for GC putting my hopes on this so called fast process of PNP. Now i am like should i wait for PPR and not apply GC. If something happens i will not be able to file my GC since i will be completing 5 years in July and attorney need to file latest in march if i want to. On top of that my company is not filing GC any more, so i will have to pay this attorney to file through some consulting company as future employee.

Anyways i didn't intended to write all this here.... it came out of frustration.

Good luck and big hopes to NY guys.

albertatj

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
did you also apply for SIN card there in Toronto?

Apart from PR card , bank account and SIN what else do we need to apply after landing?

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
surenderJeet said:
King80,

Did you e status change to " Medical results have been received" Please advise.

Thanks
Hi,

i just checked and its still the same "In Process" and the details say " We transferred you app to NY .... blah blah...........

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
Hi,

i just checked and its still the same "In Process" and the details say " We transferred you app to NY .... blah blah...........
Hey King80:

Thanks for the update bro. Me and kevintech are still waiting for close to 3 months and till now there is no update. No update on e-cas nothing. His was transferred on Dec 14 and mine on Dec 2, Ahhh not sure how long it is gonna take to get ppr. And not to mention again a month of waiting to get the PP back with the visa.

Does any one know what does "in queue for a selection decision imply". ""venksm"" got this in reply from NY office in response to his query. Does it mean that the back ground check is completed and interview is waived. Good luck guys.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Hi dear_pnp, kevintech,

What is your AOR medical date?. Please advise.

Thanks,

dear_pnp said:
Hey King80:

Thanks for the update bro. Me and kevintech are still waiting for close to 3 months and till now there is no update. No update on e-cas nothing. His was transferred on Dec 14 and mine on Dec 2, Ahhh not sure how long it is gonna take to get ppr. And not to mention again a month of waiting to get the PP back with the visa.

Does any one know what does "in queue for a selection decision imply". ""venksm"" got this in reply from NY office in response to his query. Does it mean that the back ground check is completed and interview is waived. Good luck guys.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
dear_pnp said:
Hey King80:

Hi dear_pnp,

if you guys are still waiting , i should just sit back and forgot about it for 1-2 months.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
surenderJeet said:
Hi dear_pnp, kevintech,

What is your AOR medical date?. Please advise.

Thanks,
Mine is July-28-2010..

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
Hi dear_pnp,

if you guys are still waiting , i should just sit back and forgot about it for 1-2 months.
Yeah pretty much its the case for you, forget for about a month or so. Even we are not sure how long are we gonna wait. And to your surprise, Avalap in this forum has been waiting since Oct 26.

Our e-cas shows in process, no sign of medical received. Its not important to see medicals received, doesnt make a difference. Avalap has been seeing it for the past 2 months.

Any idea what "in queue for selection decision" could mean. Does it mean B.check done and interview waived??