Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Will our beloved CIC give atleast 3 to 4 months to do landing formalities. Now June (medical completed )guysare still waiting for PPR's , they have got only 4 months to complete landing.

surenderJeet said:
Oh man this is not fast track.

Initially i was thinking that AINP certificate will take 4 month but it took 1 year.

Then for CIC process i was thinking that it will take 5 month total time once we send but it is already 9 month. For some folks it is near to 11 month.

It really long wait wait wait.

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Due to these delays, most of us might be planning for 'in-person' stamping at Buffalo office. Can some one post their stamping experiences and good to know points, over here for the benefit of all.
Thanks in advance!

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
For Buffalo folks can go in-person but for NYC they only can mail.

calgary2010 said:
Due to these delays, most of us might be planning for 'in-person' stamping at Buffalo office. Can some one post their stamping experiences and good to know points, over here for the benefit of all.
Thanks in advance!

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
surenderJeet said:
Kevintech,

I hope you will be next for PPR from NYC because your transfer date is dec 12.

On which date your status chagned to " Medical results have been received". Please advise.
Surender.. I don't exactly remember the day when they changed it, but I guess it was 3-4 weeks back.. Thx.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
How long more we wait for PPR.

It looks like Feb month coming to an end and no PPR from NYC for any one.

kevinctech said:
Surender.. I don't exactly remember the day when they changed it, but I guess it was 3-4 weeks back.. Thx.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
something to cheer u up on a friday afternoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG8GMemv2xc

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
Why dont u order now... wht makes u wait until March 1st..?? It takes 6 weeks to get and costs you 25 or 40$

surenderJeet said:
I will request CAPS notes in march 1st week.

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
I ordered yesterday... yeah its ur personal call...

surenderJeet said:
Thanks! your idea is good.

But i want to save $40 bugs.

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
Today is so quiet no PPR's no news... I Guess bcoz we have a long weekend coming up... Maybe next week might be Quiet too..
surenderJeet said:
After monday holiday lets hope to get some PPR.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
"Waiting folks" from outside Canada....

Dont waste your time looking at ecas anymore!

Its been more than the avg processing time (11 mons - Buffalo) since I applied. So, I thought why not send a case specific enquiry yesterday. I got the reply within a day. haha...why dont they show the same spped in sending pprs & paasports!!! :mad:
Below is the reply...

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.
e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.
Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.
Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completed my landing last Thursday via Niagara Rainbow Bridge. The whole process went really smooth and I was back in US by Friday night. As promised before below is my landing experience in detail however before that I would like to go through two question that I had before landing, and I'm sure many here have so let me go through that first.

1.Landing by rental vs own car:Let me say that before landing I went through 100's of posting about landing on this forum and many other and found that few people did got hard time on Canadian side about not allowing to drive the car until it is imported. To be on the safe side I rented a car from Buffalo airport (just $15/day, thanks to my company corporate number) but have I taken my own care that should have been fine too. Nobody asked me if I was driving my car or rental.

2. Landing on Alberta or other province for AINP.This is one big issue for many provinces nominee, epically for those who are doing the temporary landing. This was totally a none issue for me. In fact the word "province nominee" was not mentioned even once thought out my landing.

I drove from VA to Buffalo on Wednesday, stayed near buffalo airport and drove to Niagara on Thursday morning on my new rental car. Went to the Canadian side around 9:00 am. The officer at the gate asked me the purpose of my visit and I said I'm here to do landing. He said wonderful and asked my passport and gave me a yellow page and direct me to go inside. I parked my car, went to the custom and was approached by one officer there. He asked me my passport and COPR and said if I have any other documents. I said I've birth certificate; my degree, bank statement and he stop me by saying okay and didn't bother to see them. After that it took him about 10 mins to complete the paper work, asked me to sign the COPR and gave me the basic info about COPR. He asked me if I have address in Canada to mail my PR card, I gave him Alberta address. Earlier he had asked me where I was staying and I said at my friends place in Toronto. So he asked me if I have a friend in Toronto, why I don't want Toronto address to mail my PR (Dhuu, if I knew you'll ask this I would have given my friends address @ Toronto) But I thought for a second and said that my friend is looking to change his apartment and I was not sure if he'll still have the same address by the time my PR card arrives. He was fine by my answer. Then he asked me if I have goods to follow list and I gave him both the copy (B4A: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/b4a-05b.pdf). He stamped both and gave one to me. After that he asked if I was importing any vehicle and I said yes and it is on the goods to follow list. He said hang on and got another different form for my car (B4 Form: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf). Asked my car title (remember you need car title not registration) and filled the form looking at my car title. After that he did the same, stamped two papers and gave one to me. He also reminded (I think about 3 times) not to loose those papers else I'll have to pay tax on everything I'll bring later. I was out from there in about 30 mins on my way to SIN office. Got my SIN number in about 10 mins. After that went to RBC, open an account there and drove to Toronto. Meet my friend there, hang on downtown for some time and came to his place with some Molson.

So that is all. I'll still check this forum so if you have questions feel free to write me.

Good luck to all who are waiting.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
VAtoCA said:
I completed my landing last Thursday via Niagara Rainbow Bridge. The whole process went really smooth and I was back in US by Friday night. As promised before below is my landing experience in detail however before that I would like to go through two question that I had before landing, and I'm sure many here have so let me go through that first.

1.Landing by rental vs own car:Let me say that before landing I went through 100's of posting about landing on this forum and many other and found that few people did got hard time on Canadian side about not allowing to drive the car until it is imported. To be on the safe side I rented a car from Buffalo airport (just $15/day, thanks to my company corporate number) but have I taken my own care that should have been fine too. Nobody asked me if I was driving my car or rental.

2. Landing on Alberta or other province for AINP.This is one big issue for many provinces nominee, epically for those who are doing the temporary landing. This was totally a none issue for me. In fact the word "province nominee" was not mentioned even once thought out my landing.

I drove from VA to Buffalo on Wednesday, stayed near buffalo airport and drove to Niagara on Thursday morning on my new rental car. Went to the Canadian side around 9:00 am. The officer at the gate asked me the purpose of my visit and I said I'm here to do landing. He said wonderful and asked my passport and gave me a yellow page and direct me to go inside. I parked my car, went to the custom and was approached by one officer there. He asked me my passport and COPR and said if I have any other documents. I said I've birth certificate; my degree, bank statement and he stop me by saying okay and didn't bother to see them. After that it took him about 10 mins to complete the paper work, asked me to sign the COPR and gave me the basic info about COPR. He asked me if I have address in Canada to mail my PR card, I gave him Alberta address. Earlier he had asked me where I was staying and I said at my friends place in Toronto. So he asked me if I have a friend in Toronto, why I don't want Toronto address to mail my PR (Dhuu, if I knew you'll ask this I would have given my friends address @ Toronto) But I thought for a second and said that my friend is looking to change his apartment and I was not sure if he'll still have the same address by the time my PR card arrives. He was fine by my answer. Then he asked me if I have goods to follow list and I gave him both the copy (B4A: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/b4a-05b.pdf). He stamped both and gave one to me. After that he asked if I was importing any vehicle and I said yes and it is on the goods to follow list. He said hang on and got another different form for my car (B4 Form: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf). Asked my car title (remember you need car title not registration) and filled the form looking at my car title. After that he did the same, stamped two papers and gave one to me. He also reminded (I think about 3 times) not to loose those papers else I'll have to pay tax on everything I'll bring later. I was out from there in about 30 mins on my way to SIN office. Got my SIN number in about 10 mins. After that went to RBC, open an account there and drove to Toronto. Meet my friend there, hang on downtown for some time and came to his place with some Molson.

So that is all. I'll still check this forum so if you have questions feel free to write me.

Good luck to all who are waiting.
Thanks a lot VAtoCA!! That really helps, coz I'm planning to do my landing formalities thru Rainbow Bridge. Hopefully I get my PPR soon!! Good luck for your future.

kevin