Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
I'm so sick of this. I've been promised a fast track system under PNP of only 8 months when I applied in May 2010. The PNP people said that 8 months is actually on the longer end of applications! Most are finalized within 6 months. I guess the provincial and the federal governments don't talk to each other, I'm a single applicant and only lived in 2 countries!

I'm so tired of this because now I'm tied to my employer and can't move anywhere whereas people who applied for FSW at the same time as I did already got PPR!!!!! They don't need to be sponsored and stay with the same employer

So frustrated right now that I'm working so much here 10 hour days with no OT so I can get this done and do something of my caliber. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sorry had to vent, I think I'll take a vacation or take a class or something to not think about this and maybe it will help but damn this is so frustrating

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
I had applied cic to but still not get file no, but i need to change my mailing adress immediately.can any body guide me what to do.PLs.......help me
i appreciate if some one help.....

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
JENNYSEC said:
I had applied cic to but still not get file no, but i need to change my mailing adress immediately.can any body guide me what to do.PLs.......help me
i appreciate if some one help.....
Chigirl answered this question in the previous page. The quote is below:

chigirl said:
Change of address - Inform both AINP and CIC

You need to update both AINP and CIC
Fax No for AINP : (780)427-6560 along with your file number.

For CIC, Fax No: 716-858-9591
Email: buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
You should have received a change of address form along with your AOR. Use this form to fax or to send an email.
Send along with Name, Date of Birth and File Number.

Don't expect any acknowledgement from CIC.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
jovan said:
Chigirl answered this question in the previous page. The quote is below:
HI Jovan thanks for your answer but I still not get file nofrom CIC so what should i mention in place of file no. ......

enna

Feb 14, 2011
jackweb_80 said:
Thanks a Lot AlbertaGovernor
Hi Alberta Governor,

Can you help me understand the AVR thing...this is my situation..

I went here in USA as a tourist and got an employer to petition me for a working visa. The visa sticker that was on my passport is the tourist only. I have the the I-797A Notice of action for my H1-B Visa.
1. Am i qualified for AVR?
2. What I-94 will i show them, is that the one below the I-797A form that i can tear to staple to the original I-94 i have when i arrived here in the USA?
3. Do i need to get a letter From International Services officer?

because i got confused with statement below, can you explain the sentences that i changed the color to red

2. If you have changed status while in the U.S., and you have a visa sticker that matches your old status (either expired or unexpired), that visa sticker is considered to be automatically changed to a stamp matching the new status and revalidated to a current date for your return to the U.S. even though it is not the same as your current status and has, perhaps, expired.Individuals seeking to benefit from this provision must retain their I-94 when leaving the U.S. as it is essential for re-entry. In addition, all other travel documents relevant to the particular status (passport, DS-2019 for J-1s, I-797 for H-1Bs etc.) must be carried and properly endorsed. When requesting a travel letter from the International Services Office, please state that you will be using the AVR program so your letter may reflect this.

Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply....

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have fresh FBI results, dont wait till the file xfers. Please go ahead and send it out to Buffalo immediately.

Best
Lettuce

lightsinthemist said:
Nothing so far bro.I have even checked the application status page online and it has not changed .Not even a file transfer.

I have also not been active just due to the sluggish pace at which things are moving. Unfortunately looks like my original estimate might come true. May CIC applicants will probably see a file transfer to LA/Detroit by 1st or 2nd week of March...probably not to New york since Newyork also has slowed down considerably.Also my case has an additional twist , had not submitted FBI with the app.Later on got the FBI certs in June and with the additional delay had again requested fresh FBI certificates and received them in Dec 2010. Now am worried if the process stretches till March/April if they might not consider both FBI certs....and I will be looking at a very tiny window of getting the FBI certs,mailing them before the validity of the medicals runs out.

All this even without background checks figuring into the discussion .

Hard to be patient...but looks like the only option.

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
JENNYSEC said:
HI Jovan thanks for your answer but I still not get file nofrom CIC so what should i mention in place of file no. ......
Jennysec, I think you should send CIC and email and ask them that question. That would be the best approach, rather than just going with what anyone tells you on this forum.

Take care and I wish you all the best.

Jovan

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enna said:
Hi Alberta Governor,

Can you help me understand the AVR thing...this is my situation..

I went here in USA as a tourist and got an employer to petition me for a working visa. The visa sticker that was on my passport is the tourist only. I have the the I-797A Notice of action for my H1-B Visa.
1. Am i qualified for AVR?
2. What I-94 will i show them, is that the one below the I-797A form that i can tear to staple to the original I-94 i have when i arrived here in the USA?
3. Do i need to get a letter From International Services officer?

because i got confused with statement below, can you explain the sentences that i changed the color to red

2. If you have changed status while in the U.S., and you have a visa sticker that matches your old status (either expired or unexpired), that visa sticker is considered to be automatically changed to a stamp matching the new status and revalidated to a current date for your return to the U.S. even though it is not the same as your current status and has, perhaps, expired.Individuals seeking to benefit from this provision must retain their I-94 when leaving the U.S. as it is essential for re-entry. In addition, all other travel documents relevant to the particular status (passport, DS-2019 for J-1s, I-797 for H-1Bs etc.) must be carried and properly endorsed. When requesting a travel letter from the International Services Office, please state that you will be using the AVR program so your letter may reflect this.

Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply....

There could be two situations about your case.

1. Your employer disclosed to USCIS at time of H1B application that you are currently in the US and submitted a copy of your I94 that was given at time of entry to the US. In that case your I-797 notice issued with the new I-94 implies your status was changed from tourist to H1B. In that case you are okay to enter the US using a AVR anytime before the I-94 from the I-797 notice expires.

2. If your employer did not submit a copy of your vistor I-94 and failed to disclose your vistor status in the US at time of application of H1B, you are techincally out of status in the US and can get into trouble while trying to back to the US using a AVR. In that case you need to consult a immigration lawyer.

Based on the situation you can take your call. If situation 1 is how your H1B was issues, you are okay to use AVR, you need to present the I-94 issued with the I797. Please explain what letter you could get from Intl. Service Officer.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lettuce_tomatoes said:
If you have fresh FBI results, dont wait till the file xfers. Please go ahead and send it out to Buffalo immediately.

Best
Lettuce
I second Lettuce, please go ahead and send the FBI results to CIC. Also dont forget to put the File Number barcode on the package.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lights, agree with lettuce,

thats what I did, sent my FBI the day it came, stuck the barcode on it and submitted so that its fresh (coz it took me 3 tries to get the FBI, cannot get into the vicious cycle of applying for FBI again).

lettuce_tomatoes said:

Best
Lettuce