+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
Hello Jag123

We are planing the same.We are in LA.
Planing to take flight in march. use AVR come back.where are you located ?send me personal email if u want we can plan together.

Thanks.

quote author=jag123 link=topic=15729.msg568625#msg568625 date=1295447726]

Friends,

I am planing to land in canada in march by flight. Can you please suggest some hotel that is good and affordable. I am planning to use AVR. i am on h1b visa stamped on my passport but for my wife and kid it's a previous company h4 visa stamped and they are having I-797 of my current company.Can we all use AVR. Can somone please help me on this.

Thanks
[/quote]

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,
I fly from boston to Las vegas then to LA, i also took my wife and kid, which seems not necessary, as the security person at consulate explained us. But because it was not written anywhere on the letter. so i thought why take risk. so i bought them too with me.
We reached around 9pm in LA, at night downtown is scarry, lot of homeless people, so you can be cautious.

Next day morning we reached there bit early around 7.30 am, There was no big crowed, only may be 5-10 people. and only two were for immigration (one myself) while other were for different category. We submited Photos, Cashiers check for fee and passport. and printout of the letter with hight and eye color dob etc for all family members.
The person at counter verified and told us to come back at 2.30. we went back and collected pp.
They stamp immigrant visa on PP, and also give a COPR (certificate of permanent residency) for each family member, which will be used while landing.

Make sure the photos are 45MM X 35 MM in size, as one lady got some different size, but i think they gave her too.

It was painless experience, very simple, and was happy to see immigrant visa on my passport 8)
Also now i can quite my job and do what i like :p this is the best part

Good luck all
Hi cooldeepforyou,

Thanks a lot for posting your experience. Good luck to your upcoming journey to Canada.

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
jag123 said:
Friends,

I am planing to land in canada in march by flight. Can you please suggest some hotel that is good and affordable. I am planning to use AVR. i am on h1b visa stamped on my passport but for my wife and kid it's a previous company h4 visa stamped and they are having I-797 of my current company.Can we all use AVR. Can somone please help me on this.

Thanks
Yes, you all should be. Your new I-797's should have the updated I-94. Be sure to carry it along and DO NOT hand it over when exiting the country. On your way back, you can use those I-94's to come back. It was painless for my family but feel free send me a message if you need any advise. Regards

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,
I fly from boston to Las vegas then to LA, i also took my wife and kid, which seems not necessary, as the security person at consulate explained us. But because it was not written anywhere on the letter. so i thought why take risk. so i bought them too with me.
We reached around 9pm in LA, at night downtown is scarry, lot of homeless people, so you can be cautious.

Next day morning we reached there bit early around 7.30 am, There was no big crowed, only may be 5-10 people. and only two were for immigration (one myself) while other were for different category. We submited Photos, Cashiers check for fee and passport. and printout of the letter with hight and eye color dob etc for all family members.
The person at counter verified and told us to come back at 2.30. we went back and collected pp.
They stamp immigrant visa on PP, and also give a COPR (certificate of permanent residency) for each family member, which will be used while landing.

Make sure the photos are 45MM X 35 MM in size, as one lady got some different size, but i think they gave her too.

It was painless experience, very simple, and was happy to see immigrant visa on my passport 8)

Good luck all
Congratulations and good luck for your endeavours in Canada!!!

jag123

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2009
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12/17/2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
i sent my passport on 30th dec 2010 to LA office and until today i did not get it back . it was written in LA E-mail that it will take only 2 week .how long it will take ?can somone please suggest.

Thanks

jag123

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2009
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12/17/2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
DILSE said:
Hello Jag123

We are planing the same.We are in LA.
Planing to take flight in march. use AVR come back.where are you located ?send me personal email if u want we can plan together.

Thanks.

quote author=jag123 link=topic=15729.msg568625#msg568625 date=1295447726]

Friends,

Thanks
I am in Dallas.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Cooldeep,

Congratulations on getting the visa stamped. We wish a pleasant life for you and your loved ones in the new land, Alberta, Canada.

you mentioned:
Make sure the photos are 45MM X 35 MM in size

Can you please advice, which store you went to for taking the pics?

Kind regards,
Lettuce

cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,

Good luck all

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi
I went to
http://www.matildesphoto.com/Matildes_Photo_Framing,_Inc./WELCOME.html
in boston.

Thanks

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello Cooldeep,

Congratulations on getting the visa stamped. We wish a pleasant life for you and your loved ones in the new land, Alberta, Canada.

you mentioned:

Kind regards,
Lettuce

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi
I went to
http://www.matildesphoto.com/Matildes_Photo_Framing,_Inc./WELCOME.html
in boston.

Thanks
Hi,

I have used epassportphoto.com for CIC process and it was accepted.

Thanks,

L.B

C

cchabert

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello Cooldeep,

you mentioned:

Kind regards,
Lettuce
I went to Costco and then I cut them myself :-D

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
we took our photo at home and use the epassport.com and then went to cvs to take out the prints. very easy and super cheap.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Lettuce,

Thanks for the info. Eagerly awaiting for some developments.....

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Joe,

They started processing my application on Aug 24.

Going by the development on Wendy's application, we woudl have to wait a few more weeks to see some substantial action on our files (me, Joe, EllBee, Lightsinthemist) as our timelines are quite close to each others.

Hope we hear from CIC sooner than we anticipate.

Lettuce

AINPGang

Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detriot
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2009
Nomination.....
23-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-02-2011
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
May I know how did you find out that they started your application processing on Aug 24?

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicants who have submitted their files to CIC can view the status of their files using the Client Application Status ststem of ECAS.

This is the direct URL: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Using the file number (starting with B******) you can see the statis of your application through this status tracking system.

To view your statis on this system, You will need the fillowing:

1. Ideentification Type: Immigration File Number (select this one from the dropdown menu)
2. Identification number: (this is ur immigration file numebr)
3. your last name/family name
4. DOB
5. country of birth.

This is how i learnt that CIC started processing my case on so and so date. Hope this info is helpful.

Please feel free to msg me if you have more Qs.

Lettuce.
AINPGang said:
May I know how did you find out that they started your application processing on Aug 24?

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
After the landing formalities have been completed, does anybody know how much time one has to relocate?

Thanks.