+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
Some one said if Consulate VISA quota finish for year then they request next year. Any idea for Buffalo what is the status on this. Any advise.
this week there were two PPR and that is the sign that no visa quota has been reached.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
I hope you're right AlbertaGovernor, I've been waiting 4 months for PPR. yesterday i sent follow up email to LA consulate and they said our application is active and under review and not to contact them again until it's done. the last one highlighted in bold letters.

i thought they transfer files just to complete the PR visa issuance. as far as I know, satellite offices deal more with work permits and visitor visas. I guess my assumption is wrong...

still, every tuesday I wait to hear from them...keeping the hope alive and staying positive :D

AlbertaGovernor said:
sunderjeet,

holiday season does not mean holidays for CIC. last year during the holiday season there was more activity going on with AINP nominations than any other time of the year. hopefully same will repeat with CIC this year to show their targets of number of files processed.

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
Does anybody know that legally a provincial nominee from alberta working in a different province will not have hassles at the time of citizenship application?

What seems to be the purpose of the sworn statement that the applicant intends to reside in Alberta following the grating of PR, that was asked by CIC as reported by Avalap?

despoimmigrant said:
Well good to hear from you. Life is cool here as well. I am changing job to buffalo, ny and planing to live in Canada side and do daily comute using NEXUS pass. lets see how things work out. as soon as i get my NEXUS pass i will move to canada side. so that way i can get canadian citizenship sooner and maintain my H1B visa status in US :)

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Gunther,

Reply to your question. No one can give perfect answers because once any AINP application come to citizen ship application stage then only they will know if any hassle or no hassle if move to another province and get citizen ship. What you guys think.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Gunther said:
Does anybody know that legally a provincial nominee from alberta working in a different province will not have hassles at the time of citizenship application?

What seems to be the purpose of the sworn statement that the applicant intends to reside in Alberta following the grating of PR, that was asked by CIC as reported by Avalap?
When you were nominated, the expectation was that you live and work in Alberta. If you have moved out, then this is bound to factor into your citizenship.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
I read one blog where one guys posted he nominated from Manitoba and move to Other province. Manitoba sent notice to that person if hey work other province then his residency will be canceled.

Any advise on this.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Alap Nexus card eligibility

1. US/Canada Citizen or Green/PR card holder
2. Must have lived in either country for 3 years.
3. Application must be approved by both the govts.

Avalap said:
Despo,

I was under the impression that NEXUS card is given only to US or Canadian citizens. Is it also given to Canadian Green card holders?
If so thats indeed a good news.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree on Alberta but last year this time i was on the same boat and when i inquired about my status to CIC NY office they said they reachd their quota for last year and They will request passport early january 2010 and thats exactly what happened with me. So be prepared if you ahve to wait till january 1st week. have your back up plans ready if you are on the edge of h1b visa.

Hope this helps.

AlbertaGovernor said:
sunderjeet,

holiday season does not mean holidays for CIC. last year during the holiday season there was more activity going on with AINP nominations than any other time of the year. hopefully same will repeat with CIC this year to show their targets of number of files processed.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
despoimmigrant,

Still cases are in Buffalo are getting PPR request so lets hope to get reply from them this year. If not then next year early jan 2011.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i agree but remember NY quota might have reached but buffalo may not. cause last year when i got that reply from NY consulate people were still getting PPR from Seattle, WA office. so its hard to say how that internal quota system works.

surenderJeet said:
despoimmigrant,

Still cases are in Buffalo are getting PPR request so lets hope to get reply from them this year. If not then next year early jan 2011.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Do you guys have any idea who update status on CIC website "Medical result has received" Buffalo Consulate or CIC Ottawa medical center?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your file is processed at buffalo than they are very bad updating status on ecase. But normally consulate updates status not ottawa.

surenderJeet said:
Do you guys have any idea who update status on CIC website "Medical result has received" Buffalo Consulate or CIC Ottawa medical center?