+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Does anybody know how much it cost to move a car and other belongings to to alberta from the USA? I am trying to figure out if it is better to sell all my stuff and buy new ones or to use a company to move my stuff.
Please advice

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chintu............ u are right about quota i guess. I have done extensive research in last 3 hours to find out what is the current status of 2009 PR quota. Looks like people who got their PPR in october they were very lucky.......... 265K is quota for 2009.

i think i shall not dream about getting PR visa by the end of this year. we all stuck...... last year they did not issue any PPR after october month. Not just Ny consulate but all over the world canadian consulates stoped issuing PPR.

good luck guys...........

C

cchabert

magiqhand said:
Thanks guys
I have another question. where do you get the goods to follow list? If you are not moving permanently do you have to fill out the forms when you land?
Can you add other stuff on it after landing. I am planning to land first and move to alberta in october. By then I am sure I will buy new stuff or sell some of my items.
The forms you can get them here:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html

The B4 is the one you show with the items that you're carrying with you at the moment of landing either by car or by plane

The B4A Is the one for things to follow, on this you can make a excel file and on the form just write see addendum

You have to fill the B4 when you land, I'm not sure about the B4A but I think as soon they stamp the B4A list you can't add anything to it

C

cchabert

magiqhand said:
Does anybody know how much it cost to move a car and other belongings to to alberta from the USA? I am trying to figure out if it is better to sell all my stuff and buy new ones or to use a company to move my stuff.
Please advice
This depends where do you live, Nix lives closer (Utah) than me (Atlanta) I'm selling everything and just keep a few boxes that I'll send later, also this depends on your personal situation, do you have family? are you alone?

This are some companies for moving::

http://www.atlasworldgroup.com/

http://www.upack.com/

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
chintu............ u are right about quota i guess. I have done extensive research in last 3 hours to find out what is the current status of 2009 PR quota. Looks like people who got their PPR in october they were very lucky.......... 265K is quota for 2009.

i think i shall not dream about getting PR visa by the end of this year. we all stuck...... last year they did not issue any PPR after october month. Not just Ny consulate but all over the world canadian consulates stoped issuing PPR.

good luck guys...........
What I dont get Despo is if you look on Trackitt there are people who got PPR on 18, 17, 16, 13, 10 and 6th of Nov.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are right chintu but if you can see those PPR issued from Baffalo, Seattle and other consulates arround the world. New York has not issued any PPR recently in november month except Taps !!

Looks like we should return to this forum in January 2010 i guess :((

Today is 1st December and i complete 90 days with NY consulate.
1st September my file got transferd to NY.

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
Question for the Gurus in the forum:

For those who have paid Social Security and Medicare taxes in the US for over 5 years or 10 years, are there any chance of getting Social security once you become Canadian PR or citizen?

C

cchabert

mythdot said:
Question for the Gurus in the forum:

For those who have paid Social Security and Medicare taxes in the US for over 5 years or 10 years, are there any chance of getting Social security once you become Canadian PR or citizen?
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Guys, dont mean to drag the PERMANENT RESIDENT FEES topic further but there is something confusing on the link here:

PERMANENT RESIDENT FEES
SKILLED WORKER (including PROVINCIAL NOMINEES) - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT 510.00
BUSINESS IMMIGRANTS - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT 970.00
SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER AND EACH DEPENDANT CHILD OF 22 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER 510.00
EACH DEPENDANT CHILD OF LESS THAN 22 YEARS OF AGE 140.00
RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE /COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN ) 455.00

Now what is correct??
The first line says $510 for Principal Applicant. Line 4 says $455 for Principal and Spouse - Can anyone throw some light on this!!

Much Appreciated
K

karl said:
Thanks Srini for pointing this out!!
I dont think even my lawyer knows about this....

srini_72 said:
Karl,

Effective from November 15 2009, the Permanent Resident Fee for principal applicant is US $ 510 and RPRF is US $ 455

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx

srini

C

cchabert

karl said:
Guys, dont mean to drag the PERMANENT RESIDENT FEES topic further but there is something confusing on the link here:

PERMANENT RESIDENT FEES
SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER AND EACH DEPENDANT CHILD OF 22 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER 510.00
RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE /COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN ) 455.00

Now what is correct??
The first line says $510 for Principal Applicant. Line 4 says $455 for Principal and Spouse - Can anyone throw some light on this!!

Much Appreciated
K

karl said:

srini_72 said:
Karl,

Effective from November 15 2009, the Permanent Resident Fee for principal applicant is US $ 510 and RPRF is US $ 455

srini
The first one is when you start your application and the second one is when you get your PR

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hah!! Thanks CCH

Just for the record here:
CIC Initial Application Fee (Principal Applicant and Spouse): US $510 each person
CIC RPRF "Landing Visa Fee" (Principal Applicant and Spouse): US $455 each person

The fees above indeed have been revised as I checked and I had paid US $465 per person for Initial Application.

cchabert said:
karl said:

PERMANENT RESIDENT FEES

Now what is correct??

Much Appreciated
K

karl said:

srini_72 said:
Karl,

srini
The first one is when you start your application and the second one is when you get your PR

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi,
Looking for advise re. PCC from India. Is it good to get PCC from Indian Consulate? Or should we get from India? Can aNyone who got PCC from SFO Indian consulate shed some light?
Thanks!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends how urgent you need this PCC.

If you can wait till 60 days than indian consulate. ( Thats the normal processing time for PCC )
If you can not wait till 60 days and have some sources in india who can get Pcc behalf of you than get it from india.

Manny said:
Hi,
Looking for advise re. PCC from India. Is it good to get PCC from Indian Consulate? Or should we get from India? Can aNyone who got PCC from SFO Indian consulate shed some light?
Thanks!

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Manny,

I have got the PCC from SFO Indian consulate once, and it took 6 weeks, they are usually fast.
I am not sure, how you can get PCC from India, until and unless you are planning to travel to India for the PCC.

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Manny,

I got PCC from Indian Embassy, Washington DC in Just 8 Days!! Applied PCC on Feb 25 2009 and received it on March 5 2009. My initial Passport expired in March 2006 and i renewed my new passport at Indian Embassy, D.C.

srini