+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Nes511,

Sent you my email id by PM. Send me your resume.

nes511 said:
Thanx Sri for the information...Can i have contact no or Email id of those who can help in finding jobs In Alberta, as u mentioned...
if its possible plz send it soon

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Sri19 said:
JENNYSEC, no update as yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything. what about you?
nothing even status is same not up date" medical received"///I think they really became very slow now a day .

nes511

Oct 25, 2011
Thanx Avalap for all the information..
can you please send me format of notorized sworn statement that you submitted to show your intent..hv sent my email id as personal message

Avalap said:
Hello Nes511,

You can submit a notorized sworn statement mentioning your intent to live in Alberta. If you have any cousins/relatives in Alberta, make a reference of them and also if you applied for any jobs/interview calls @ Alberta, Do attach copies of those communication.

I was asked for a notorized sworn statement (intent to reside in Alberta) before I was issued the AINP nomination and Immigrant visa ( as my wife was living in Toronto at the time of AINP nomination). After I submitted the document I was issued the immigrant visa and here I am.... Living in Alberta as a Happy Immigrant.

Hopefully, everything should work good for you.

Thanks
Avalap

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi All,

We successfully landed and used AVR to come back to usa on saturday through detroit windsor tunnel. We will be moving for good in next march/april.
Actually i took my own car and at the canada side, the officer said, i have to import my car at the time of landing, though i said i will move later.
And gave me f1 form and pay riv fees. Is this normal..? I mean i have to import my car at the time of landing..?

I haven't started/done us export process. Iam planning to pay the riv fees online. It looks like i have 45 days to complete the riv inspection. As i will be in usa for couple of more months, what iam supposed to do. If i don't complete rive inspection, can i not import my vehicle later..?

Seniors please help.

Thanks to all in this forum.

Thanks
Lee

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Lee,

Generally if you are driving your own car at the time of landing, you are expected to declare it as "Imported" and follow the import, inspection and regirstration process within the stipulated time frame.

For Importing a car into Canada, First you need to fax your car title, registration and sale's receipt (ATLEAST 72 Hours before) to
US Customs @ the Port of Entry from where you plan to import your car. At the US- Canada border, the US customs officer will check your Original Title, sale deed and passport and then stamp the title as "Exported".

Then you take the title to Canadian Customs where they will issue the form 1 and information to pay RIV fees.

I am wondering to know if the US customs stamped your title as "Exported"? If not, then i am surprised how the Canadian customs issued you Form 1? I would suggest you call RIV and explain your situation. Ask them if they can extend your deadline for inspection and registration as you will be bringing the car only in the near future.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Avalap
lee26 said:
Hi All,

We successfully landed and used AVR to come back to usa on saturday through detroit windsor tunnel. We will be moving for good in next march/april.
Actually i took my own car and at the canada side, the officer said, i have to import my car at the time of landing, though i said i will move later.
And gave me f1 form and pay riv fees. Is this normal..? I mean i have to import my car at the time of landing..?

I haven't started/done us export process. Iam planning to pay the riv fees online. It looks like i have 45 days to complete the riv inspection. As i will be in usa for couple of more months, what iam supposed to do. If i don't complete rive inspection, can i not import my vehicle later..?

Seniors please help.

Thanks to all in this forum.

Thanks
Lee

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
Avalap,

I am planning on my landing soon. We are flying to Edmonton to complete our landing formalities and plan to return after a week's stay (our final move will be most likely in Spring-Summer 2012). I would like to import a car. Do I have to have the documents (car title) while landing by plane?

Can I import the car when we move it into Canada next year? If so, does it need to be inlcuded in the goods to follow list?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Avalap said:
Lee,

Generally if you are driving your own car at the time of landing, you are expected to declare it as "Imported" and follow the import, inspection and regirstration process within the stipulated time frame.

For Importing a car into Canada, First you need to fax your car title, registration and sale's receipt (ATLEAST 72 Hours before) to
US Customs @ the Port of Entry from where you plan to import your car. At the US- Canada border, the US customs officer will check your Original Title, sale deed and passport and then stamp the title as "Exported".

Then you take the title to Canadian Customs where they will issue the form 1 and information to pay RIV fees.

I am wondering to know if the US customs stamped your title as "Exported"? If not, then i am surprised how the Canadian customs issued you Form 1? I would suggest you call RIV and explain your situation. Ask them if they can extend your deadline for inspection and registration as you will be bringing the car only in the near future.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Avalap

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Thanks Avalap for your reply.

I just paid toll fees at windsor tunnel at US side and iam in canada. At the canadian side tunnel, the officer asked me few questions like why i was here and what iam brining. I said, iam landing here and i have cash and jewellery and told told him moving to calgary later and even told him iam going back to usa same day night. He gave me one yellow slip and go inside the building.

The customes and immigaration officer at canada side didn't even asked me, whether i exporeted my car or not. I wasn't planned to import my car at the time of landing, so i didn't informed US customs.
I will call or email riv and see how it goes.

Thanks
Lee

Avalap said:
Lee,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Avalap

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avalap said:
Lee,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Avalap
If you are landing and returning to the US, you dont need to import your car and provide the Goods to follow list.

Customs and Immigrations are two differnt processes.

Your immigration is done as a Permanant Resident
Your Customs is done like a visitor.

Make sure the Custom and Immigration officer talk to each other and make a note of the fact that you are just there to do your landing and you will be importing your car and provide goods to follow list when you permanantly move.

This information can be confirmed by call or by email to CBS office.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick2305 said:
Avalap,

I am planning on my landing soon. We are flying to Edmonton to complete our landing formalities and plan to return after a week's stay (our final move will be most likely in Spring-Summer 2012). I would like to import a car. Do I have to have the documents (car title) while landing by plane?

Can I import the car when we move it into Canada next year? If so, does it need to be inlcuded in the goods to follow list?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Make sure you tell the immigration officer you are there to complete your landing and spend few days in Canada. The same needs to be told to the Customs officer too. If he ask for goods to follow list exlain that you are just landing and will be moving permanantly at a later time. Once you file the good to follow list you cannot add more stuff to it later.

If she/he insists on filing the goods to follow list, you can ask him/her to MEMORANDUM D2-2-1 Paragraph(s) 9.10 - Variation Between Customs/Immigraton Legislation. If they are new and not come accross such a case, they need to talk to their supervisor.

If you want you an also talk/email CBSA to confirm.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/wc-cg/menu-eng.html

Make a note of this "MEMORANDUM D2-2-1 Paragraph(s) 9.10 - Variation Between Customs/Immigraton Legislation" so that the officer knows what you are talking about and incase he/she is new.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Thanks Governer and Avalap for your suggestions.

I called riv and got extension for couple of more months.

Thanks
Lee

AlbertaGovernor said:
If you are landing and returning to the US, you dont need to import your car and provide the Goods to follow list.

Customs and Immigrations are two differnt processes.

Your immigration is done as a Permanant Resident
Your Customs is done like a visitor.

Make sure the Custom and Immigration officer talk to each other and make a note of the fact that you are just there to do your landing and you will be importing your car and provide goods to follow list when you permanantly move.

This information can be confirmed by call or by email to CBS office.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you guys hear about the canadian super visa?

THAT...is the difference between Canada and the US ..... :-*

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/11/05/11/canada-introduces-new-super-visa-families

C

cchabert

Jacaranda said:
Did you guys hear about the canadian super visa?

THAT...is the difference between Canada and the US ..... :-*

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/11/05/11/canada-introduces-new-super-visa-families

The visa cames because this:

Note: As of November 5, 2011, no new applications to sponsor parents or grandparents will be accepted for processing for up to 24 months. This temporary pause will allow us to focus on those applicants already awaiting a decision and reduce the backlog in the parents and grandparents category. This does not affect sponsorship applications for spouses, partners, dependent or adopted children and other eligible relatives. New applications received on or after November 5, 2011, will be returned to the applicant, including fees

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Are you packing??

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
This ia a very good question :)
There are no answers to the question yet. But the good news is EB2 will become current by December. So more people in two boats at the same time.

washington.state is working at Boston Pizza right now and is looking for a suitable matrimonial. Please free to send him a PM if interested.

Tees Maar Khan

Mar 12, 2011
washington.state said:
Just move to Calgary. This is such a big confusion between Calgary and Edmonton that you may delay your migration. The right place will be where a good job is waiting for you it could be Fort McMurray which is further north of Edmonton. so You don't know. Calgary is the best as a starting point.
Fort McMurray there is good pay also. not for indian software coolies......