+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

asp1111

Jul 7, 2009
Chucky said:
Quick question once one gets the nomination from AINP under the US visa holder category does the CIC require that the person maintains H1 status. Can someone please help. This line below...when you send the nomination certificate to CIC do they come back and ask to see if the person is still on H1 or does this just end at AINP and after you have your nomination if you lose your job and lose the H1 does that after your application at CIC? Please help.

•You must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application.

Before CIC issues the immigrant visa, they will ask for the proof of your legal status in the USA.
Since AINP nominee is a H1B Visa Holder, they usually will ask for current I-797 and general employment details.

If for some reason, one is not able to maintain the H1B status, he or she should make sure that they continue to be in the USA legally.
People who were unable to do this, left the USA and came back at a later stage on a B1 Visitor visa to finish the remaining Canadian Immigration formalities. (As mentioned in other posts).

All that is expected by CIC (from an AINP Nominee or anyone else who is trying to immigrate to Canada from USA) is that he or she is in the USA legally.
And they do verify this information before issuing the Canadian Immigrant Visa.

Best
asp1111

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
Hello,
Does anyone know best way to move car to Calgary.
I don't want to drive all the way from Boston to Calgary.

I'm planning to call car shipper/movers next week and ask for quotes.
Just want to know if anyone used similar service.

Thanks in advance.

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi TRUONGAN/guys,
I am here in Alberta too with a job (under AINP program). I submitted my CIC application in the begining of May 2011, my check was cashed in the end of June. Since then I was using file # to check the status of my application but it wouldn't find anything in it's system till today when I used my client # given in work permit and to my surprise it shows up the information with my address and information saying "CIC has received my application".
TRUONGAN: I was compairing your date of CIC application submission (end of Apr ) and mine (begining of May) and see you got AOR/Medical request on Sept 2nd, but I haven't received any such request yet neither via email nor it is mentioned in CIC application status. Is it becuase of NOC code which is making a difference or do I need to wait few more days?

One more thing, earlier I though I would get AOR/Medical request thru mail it appears that it's an email with which they send requests, is it right?

Thanks a lot for taking time and answering my questions in advance.

Regards,
Canadabie

TRUONGAN said:
I am in canada. i am here on work permit. CIC phone only accept Client ID that is given to anyone coming to Canada on study permit or work permit. File # wouldn't work on their phone.

Processing time is 18 weeks now before they actually touch your file (30 week is historical). I should expect AOR shortly on my email.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
improper_bostonian said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
If you are moving permanantly, driving is the cheapest way. If you factor in the one way airfare and car transportation, keep in mind you can take more stuff along you if you are driving. It adds benefit if more than one person is travelling as saves significant amount of money. Do keep in mind the car that you are planning to take along should be worth taking.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sri19 said:
Hi All,

Can someone let me know if members of a family can go for visa at different times when we get PPR? we are planning to send our son to india for next 6 months from now. So in case we get PPR with in 6 months can we go for visa first and take him later or do we need to go together?

Kindly reply at your convenience.

Thanks
Sri
The PPR is time sensative and you have to send passports with the time they provide you. Usually its 30 days or so. The other thing you might want to consider is the immigrant visa is issued with expiry from one year of your medicals date.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PR CARD

DILSE said:
Hi All,
I landed in May also, I called 613--NUMBER to inquire about PR card status, they told me I will get letter for instruction and today I got letter from CIC says submit recent pictures to calgary office by mail or in person so we can continue working on your file, I am going to mail pictures today.
I am planning to travel calgary from USA this month and ask for Travel document , rep told me I can ONLY get one time . CIC will not issue it again. is this true ? also
how long will it take to get PR card from here ?
Any one have idea please advice.
If you are travelling by road, you can use your COPR.

Once you provide them the photos with correct specs it should take around 6-8 weeks to get the PR cards at the Canadian address.

The Travel documents is generally valid for 6 months and there is no restrictions on how many travel documents can be issued. Make sure you have the documents to justify the reason why your PR card is delayed incase they ask the reason why you are not having a PR card.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
AlbertaGovernor said:
The PPR is time sensative and you have to send passports with the time they provide you. Usually its 30 days or so. The other thing you might want to consider is the immigrant visa is issued with expiry from one year of your medicals date.
AlbertaGovernor,

Thank you very much for the valuable information provided. Looks like its better not to send him to india now. we'll wait for few months.

Thanks again.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Canadabie said:
Hi TRUONGAN/guys,
I am here in Alberta too with a job (under AINP program). I submitted my CIC application in the begining of May 2011, my check was cashed in the end of June. Since then I was using file # to check the status of my application but it wouldn't find anything in it's system till today when I used my client # given in work permit and to my surprise it shows up the information with my address and information saying "CIC has received my application".
TRUONGAN: I was compairing your date of CIC application submission (end of Apr ) and mine (begining of May) and see you got AOR/Medical request on Sept 2nd, but I haven't received any such request yet neither via email nor it is mentioned in CIC application status. Is it becuase of NOC code which is making a difference or do I need to wait few more days?

One more thing, earlier I though I would get AOR/Medical request thru mail it appears that it's an email with which they send requests, is it right?

Thanks a lot for taking time and answering my questions in advance.

Regards,
Canadabie
I dont think there is any priority in processing PNPs at CIC. It is more likely the officer who handles your case. Some issue everything at once. Some accepted the applications but will not do anything until later. But the overall processing time should not be too much different. As long as you can see it on Ecas be rest assured it is in process now. If the next couple weeks you still hear nothing then you can email them to inquire.

I got AOR via email on Sep 2, MR via mail on Sep 9.

C

cchabert

improper_bostonian said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Check with Jacaranda, they're in the same spot, I think from Stanford to calgary for the car only the estimate was 3K.

Peace!

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya it was approx 3K/4K to ship the car to from CT to calgary, not worth it, we are selling it here and will buy in calgary.

cchabert said:
Check with Jacaranda, they're in the same spot, I think from Stanford to calgary for the car only the estimate was 3K.

Peace!

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thanks a lot for your reply TRUONGAN.

Regards,
Canadabie

TRUONGAN said:
I dont think there is any priority in processing PNPs at CIC. It is more likely the officer who handles your case. Some issue everything at once. Some accepted the applications but will not do anything until later. But the overall processing time should not be too much different. As long as you can see it on Ecas be rest assured it is in process now. If the next couple weeks you still hear nothing then you can email them to inquire.

I got AOR via email on Sep 2, MR via mail on Sep 9.

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
Jacaranda said:
ya it was approx 3K/4K to ship the car to from CT to calgary, not worth it, we are selling it here and will buy in calgary.
Thanks Jacaranda,
I think I'll do the same, as it isn't worth paying that much.

Only problem is I landed in 24 Aug and haven't got my PR card yet, so I don't think I can use any public transportation and air line to go to Canada. Any thoughts on this?

did you already finish ur landing?

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
AlbertaGovernor said:
If you are moving permanantly, driving is the cheapest way. If you factor in the one way airfare and car transportation, keep in mind you can take more stuff along you if you are driving. It adds benefit if more than one person is travelling as saves significant amount of money. Do keep in mind the car that you are planning to take along should be worth taking.
Thanks for the reply AlbertaGovernor.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
All

We, my wife and I completed landing through Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls on last Tuesday 20th Sep, 2011. Not much was asked, not even for the proof of funds. Alberta address was taken for PR cards delivery. Was all set within 20 to 30 minutes with Immigration. Next was Custum, provided them with current Goods list and list to follow. They stamped both and greeted us to Canada.

Spent one full week and explored Canada from Niagara to Quebec Old City.
Came back yesterday and will move back permanently once found a job there.
I am Civil Engineer having more than 5 years of experience in NY, any one please if can assist to get a job in Civil engineering.

Thanks in Advance and feel free to ask any questions which will help you in landing.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow i landed in calgary on the 24th night too :) am back in US and looking for job

improper_bostonian said:
Thanks Jacaranda,
I think I'll do the same, as it isn't worth paying that much.

Only problem is I landed in 24 Aug and haven't got my PR card yet, so I don't think I can use any public transportation and air line to go to Canada. Any thoughts on this?

did you already finish ur landing?