N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Hi King80,

Sent you personal message. Please read that.

King80 said:
Hi,

I am planning to move to Calgary in June first week. About job you got while being in US, did you provide Canada phone number and also is it ok to have no Canadian exp for getting job(IT)?

Thanks for your help, in advance

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi SurenderJeet,

I got my passports back on 25th March and I took a flight to Calgary on the 27th. Right now I am in Calgary and here is the summary of my landing experience.

My wife and I landed in Calgary at 1:00PM and the immigration was a smooth process. The visa officer was very friendly, asked us to sign the COPR docs and explained the PR rights. Then he guided us to Immigration section where another visa officer welcomed us. He was very kind, helpful and guided us with step by step procedure to import our goods (Car/furntiure/Jewellery). We took two copies of goods to follow list and he stamped both of them and gave us a copy of it. We were done with our landing formalities in 15 minutes. I asked the visa officer regarding the PR Card photo's (as my photos had no date stamp on them) but he told not to worry about it and mentioned that we will get our PR cards in 8 weeks.

Yesterday, we went to "Service Canada" and applied for SIN. Then we opened a Bank account @ TD Bank and then applied for Health Card at CAA (similar to AAA). SIN Numbers and Health Card numbers are given on the spot and the actual cards are sent by mail. It takes approx. 2 weeks to get both.

Thanks to the fourm, I could make friends here and had the opportunity to meet them (Jxyj01 and Chalocanda) in person at Calgary. They guided me with lots of information and suggestions as and when needed.

Also, I would like to thank each one of you for your suggestions, advice and help at every stage of my immigration processing.
Thanks to each one of you and wish you Good Luck in your endeavors.

If there is something I can do for you, please feel to ask and I will be more than happy to help you.

Good Luck!!!

surenderJeet said:
Avalap, Kevintech,

Did you guys got your visa stamp done. Did your e-status changed to decision made?. Please advise.

King80,
I will call you next weekend.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Avalap said:
Hi SurenderJeet,

I got my passports back on 25th March and I took a flight to Calgary on the 27th. Right now I am in Calgary and here is the summary of my landing experience.

My wife and I landed in Calgary at 1:00PM and the immigration was a smooth process. The visa officer was very friendly, asked us to sign the COPR docs and explained the PR rights. Then he guided us to Immigration section where another visa officer welcomed us. He was very kind, helpful and guided us with step by step procedure to import our goods (Car/furntiure/Jewellery). We took two copies of goods to follow list and he stamped both of them and gave us a copy of it. We were done with our landing formalities in 15 minutes. I asked the visa officer regarding the PR Card photo's (as my photos had no date stamp on them) but he told not to worry about it and mentioned that we will get our PR cards in 8 weeks.

Yesterday, we went to "Service Canada" and applied for SIN. Then we opened a Bank account @ TD Bank and then applied for Health Card at CAA (similar to AAA). SIN Numbers and Health Card numbers are given on the spot and the actual cards are sent by mail. It takes approx. 2 weeks to get both.

Thanks to the fourm, I could make friends here and had the opportunity to meet them (Jxyj01 and Chalocanda) in person at Calgary. They guided me with lots of information and suggestions as and when needed.

Also, I would like to thank each one of you for your suggestions, advice and help at every stage of my immigration processing.

If there is something I can do for you, please feel to ask and I will be more than happy to help you.

Good Luck!!!
CONGRATS AVALAP!!!! Good luck for your future.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hello Friends,

I got email from buffalo today saying my file has been trasferred to Detroit.

Any idea how the Detriot office process applications like timelines and further doc request and also requesting fbi cert.

Will detriot office always asks us more recent documents even though we send all the required docs to buffalo at the time of application?

Thanks
lee

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
Friends,

I received passport request via email from Detroit on Monday. Went in person on Tuesday and got the visa stamped.

Submitted the passports and photographs at 9:00AM. The officer said after checking that they will be able to give my passports back the same day at 1:30PM. I went back and collected the stamped passports

Do note that I saw a notice in the consulate that 'same day service is not available at this consulate as of 11-March-2011'

The note I received along with passport request said if submitting passport in person, they will be available for pick up in 10 days.

Probably there were less people that day and hence the officer was able to give my passports back the same day.

Also, the Detroit Consulate is closed on Wednesdays

Wish you all the best!

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
I was told that priority for passport requests is given to people whose medicals are going to exipre earliest.

In my case it took 3.5 months from transfer to detroit consulate to passport request

I didn't receive additional document request from detroit. I sent all the documents to buffalo

lee26 said:
Hello Friends,

I got email from buffalo today saying my file has been trasferred to Detroit.

Any idea how the Detriot office process applications like timelines and further doc request and also requesting fbi cert.

Will detriot office always asks us more recent documents even though we send all the required docs to buffalo at the time of application?

Thanks
lee

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Gunther said:
Friends,

I received passport request via email from Detroit on Monday. Went in person on Tuesday and got the visa stamped.

Submitted the passports and photographs at 9:00AM. The officer said after checking that they will be able to give my passports back the same day at 1:30PM. I went back and collected the stamped passports

Do note that I saw a notice in the consulate that 'same day service is not available at this consulate as of 11-March-2011'

The note I received along with passport request said if submitting passport in person, they will be available for pick up in 10 days.

Probably there were less people that day and hence the officer was able to give my passports back the same day.

Wish you all the best!
CONGRATULATION ...WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Thank you Gunther.

Lee.

Gunther said:
I was told that priority for passport requests is given to people whose medicals are going to exipre earliest.

In my case it took 3.5 months from transfer to detroit consulate to passport request

I didn't receive additional document request from detroit. I sent all the documents to buffalo

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
The Detroit Consulate Website doesn't mention that it is closed on Wednesday. However I saw a notice in the consulate that this office is closed on Wednesdays. Not sure which is accurate. So do check with the consulate just to make sure. The same applies to same day service. Confirm with the consulate that you will able to pick up the passport the same day, if you have to travel a long distance

Gunther said:
Friends,

Wish you all the best!

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Hi fiiends cheers WE won the world-cup semifinal.Pakistan was defeted by Dhoni briged.. ;D ;D ;D ;D.Its celebration time in India....Its like Diwali in all cities of India....

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Avalap,

Thanks for sharing the very useful information. It gives me and I am sure to others the confidence to know that the Canadian Immigration authorities treat people well unlike their US counterparts who look at each of us as you know what....

I am myself planning to move (not planning to come back to US, done here) in early June. Hopefully by then the weather in Calgary will be better.

Regards and good luck in Canada.

Avalap said:
Hi SurenderJeet,

Good Luck!!!

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
I heard this question many times earlier......a good freight carrier to move personal belongings from US to Canada

Here is one I know:

http://www.vitran.com

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
I completely agree with Avalap. I too had a wonderful experience, when I came here last August. It was 9 PM, we were too tired, but the joke Immigration Officer made helped us in getting a little relaxed.
The moment I approached to the officer he said, with a smile, "Oh, I just closed my office. Sorry you have to wait till morning."
But the fact is they never close and he was about to change his shift.....but after the joke and talking to us informally nicely, he processed our immigration paper work in couple of minutes and as he was leaving for the day, guided us to the way out to the Car rental.

About the weather, Ohhcanada...it has already started getting better. It was 10+ yesterday and today as well (Degree celcius).

ohhcanada said:
Avalap,

Thanks for sharing the very useful information. It gives me and I am sure to others the confidence to know that the Canadian Immigration authorities treat people well unlike their US counterparts who look at each of us as you know what....

I am myself planning to move (not planning to come back to US, done here) in early June. Hopefully by then the weather in Calgary will be better.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
ohhcanada said:
Avalap,

Hi ohhcanada,

I am also planning to move to calagary early june and coming back to US :). i sent you a pm , may be we can guide each other in moving.