Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EAST HILL said:
I already completed my 11 months of processing time :((((((((((
My Submitted Date: 9-Mar-2009
AOR Date: 22-Jul-2010
Medical Date: 9-Aug-2010
Transfer to NY: 11-Jan-2010

Therefore, don't feel tooooooooooooooooo tired because I completed 2 years and still waiting.....
Good luck i hope you are not waiting to long like me......
Its about CIC processing time, not from the time you start to apply for the nomination. Good luck on your waiting.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Avalap said:
Chigirl,

Can you please clarify the "file bring forward date" - Is it March 01, 2011 or Jan 03, 2011?
Sorry Avalap - its March 1st, 2011

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
03.01.11..well, thats tomorrow Chigirl. Good Luck.
Although it says March 1st, I do not have much confidence, because if they are behind schedule they might not get to it. There are people who are much ahead of me who have not received their pprs.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Chigirl you may right. For august medical submission we may get PPR in April or may.

Cheers.

chigirl said:
Although it says March 1st, I do not have much confidence, because if they are behind schedule they might not get to it. There are people who are much ahead of me who have not received their pprs.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Seniors,

Here we go for carfax report before buy used car.

In canada what people do before they buy used car?. Please advise.

Thanks,

chigirl said:

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
Did you guys see this?

"Last year, Canada admitted the highest number of immigrants in over 50 years. 280,636 immigrants became permanent residents of Canada in 2010, more than 6% of what was originally expected. Most of the newcomers were skilled workers"

“Since 2006, our government has allowed for the provincial nominee program to expand significantly, from 8,047 people in 2005 to 36,419 in 2011,” he added"

The two countries with the highest number of people immigrating to Canada were China and India. An average of over 35,000 Indians arrive in Canada each year.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is aiming to reduce immigration numbers by 5% next year and a change to the current Federal Skilled Worker Program is expected to be announced within the coming months.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Avalap said:
Friends,

I have some info to share with you all .

New York Consulate (including other visa offices/consulates) are implementing a new computer system. The following message has been posted on New York consulate/Buffalo/LA websites under Visting Canada.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are installing a new computer system. As a result, applications submitted in March 2011 may take longer than usual to process. Our average processing times have been adjusted accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.

Today, I been to NY Consulate along with the RPRF email that I received on Nov22, 2010 and I handed over the letter to the receptionistp
. The receptionist was kind enough to forward the letter to a visa officer, who inturn checked my file online and called me for a conversation (not an interview). He told me that my file is in process and he cannot assure the timeline it might take. I explained him that I had my medicals done on July01, 2010 and due to certain personal reasons I might not get enough time to move to Canada if I dont get the PPR in the next few weeks.

The visa officer was very understanding and said he will see what he can do. He went to his office and came back after 3 mins and empathically said there isn't much he can do and he told that my file is in que and they will contact me when its complete. I asked him what if I dont hear from them till July01, 2011, to which he mentioned that it wont take that long.

Though I didn't achieve anything by my visit yet there is a satisfaction that the visa officer gave a patient hearing to my concerns and atleast looked into my file.

Now, I am trying to analyze the possible reasons for the delay in PPR's. Is it the new system that they are implementing because of which they are unable to download files from the central servers ( my wild guess!!!) OR is it that all June/july medical folks who haven't received PPR yet are subjected to the so called extended background check? (My assumption based on Chigirl's CAPIS notes).

Please share your thoughts friends.
Hi Avalap,
Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. At least it gives hope that once they have their new system straightned out.... we all will get our PPR.

Good luck .... NY Applicants

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: My Landing Experience

Ell.Bee said:
Hi VAtoCA,

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what do it mean to not fill IMM 5444 during first landing? When should it be filled in that case?

Thanks,
L.B
Ell, IMM 5444 is application for Permanent Resident card. We don't need to fill this as COPR is enough to get PR Card. This form is for people with permanent resident status in Canada, who are applying for their first Permanent Resident card or for a renewal or replacement of a PR card. So if you don't apply for Canada citizenship and choose to be Canada PR than only you need to fill this form about after 4 years.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Is this with all consulate?.

King80 said:
Hi Avalap,
Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. At least it gives hope that once they have their new system straightned out.... we all will get our PPR.

Good luck .... NY Applicants

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
surenderJeet said:
Gunther,

Is your case is in Buffalo or in NYC?.
Detroit

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
It is finally March 1st but the pace of CIC app processing is really frustating. Unfortunately looks like have to revise my expectations again. If CIC is not even done with the July medicals folks. The applicants who submitted medicals in August ( or to put it better who sent application to CIC in may ) will probably see an file transfer request in April at best ( I doubt it ...) most likely a file transfer in May and PPR in July/August which would be cutting very very close to medicals completed date and will give us not even 1 month time to do landing.

I am not being pessimistic and have no desire to rain on the parade...but the pace of developments since the new year,the circulars for implementing new system for 2011 (even though we are 2010 applicants,the software system will be the same ) ...CAIPS notes development of july applicants like chigirl...have convinced me Aug folks might not see a file transfer till April....

May god give us patience !!!!!!!!!!

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Longtime no see Lights, nice to hear from you. Yes it is pathetic that our dear CIC is taking so long to evaluate lucid/thoroughly submitted files. I guess we have no other option other than waiting for them to blink.

Good luck to everyone. My heart goes out to Joe and his children who havent met eachother for a while and our CIC is the major agent to blame.

Peace and Patience friends.

Lettuce

lightsinthemist said:
It is finally March 1st but the pace of CIC app processing is really frustating. Unfortunately looks like have to revise my expectations again. If CIC is not even done with the July medicals folks. The applicants who submitted medicals in August ( or to put it better who sent application to CIC in may ) will probably see an file transfer request in April at best ( I doubt it ...) most likely a file transfer in May and PPR in July/August which would be cutting very very close to medicals completed date and will give us not even 1 month time to do landing.

I am not being pessimistic and have no desire to rain on the parade...but the pace of developments since the new year,the circulars for implementing new system for 2011 (even though we are 2010 applicants,the software system will be the same ) ...CAIPS notes development of july applicants like chigirl...have convinced me Aug folks might not see a file transfer till April....

May god give us patience !!!!!!!!!!

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Lettuce bro

Very happy to see your post..it is just posts like these that give us some mutual moral support.Yes my heart goes out to Joe as well, may god grant him lots of patience for looks like this process is dragging on too much.

If CIC pushes our file transfer to may and gets us the PPR in July or August which does not leave enough time for landing ..I would be fuming mad and am guessing a lot of other may applicants would be too.I do not know when the breaking point would be but one of these days might lose it and will draft a scathing letter to CIC higher up's and will make sure it reaches the proper authorities so that atleast future applicants are spared this nonsense.Still it might be better than US broken immigration but then they should have never marketed it as a fast track system.

Anywaz I sincerely hope for all of us they atleast send us a file transfer in April instead of May....

Regards
Lights

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Longtime no see Lights, nice to hear from you. Yes it is pathetic that our dear CIC is taking so long to evaluate lucid/thoroughly submitted files. I guess we have no other option other than waiting for them to blink.

Good luck to everyone. My heart goes out to Joe and his children who havent met eachother for a while and our CIC is the major agent to blame.

Peace and Patience friends.

Lettuce