+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Boston,

Thanks for sharing your landing experience in detail.
Your info is of great help for all the future immigrants to Alberta.

Thanks dude.

vzaveri

Aug 10, 2009
Boston,
Awesome info. Please can you let us know how you were able to get an address in Calgary to send your pr card to? I dont know anyone there. Thanks
V

boston said:
Hi All,

I would like to share my Calgary Landing Experience.

I had booked deal with Priceline from Boston to Calgary from 13th Feb to 16th Feb with Hotel. I paid 733 dollars including everything (Flight + Hotel in Downtown). My flight was via Chicago. BOS-ORD-YYD.

I stayed in Downtown hotel called 5 Calgary Downtown hotel. Nice hotel for PR landing, because everything is around (SIN and Health Card) Bank is little far but it's really easy to get used to with downtown. I really enjoyed there. I mean really... In just a day I'm like familiar with enough to find out any address.

I started my journey on 13th Feb 2011. I had flight from Boston at 6.55 AM with Chicago connection. I reached Calgary at around 1.00 PM local time. As soon as I got off the flight it was a quite a long walk to reach to the Port of entry. In flight, flight attended had given me a custom forms I already had that filled out. at Port of entry lady welcomed me and asked how long you are going to stay I told her that I'm immigrating and I would be staying for 3-4 days as I have interview scheduled with perspective employer. Then she asked me to follow red line towards immigration office. As soon as I entered officer called me and asked me from where you coming and how long it took to get immigration visa stamped. Then he asked for Canadian address. He warned me that there are cases where people apply for the green card and PR both at the same time. So He just wanted to make sure that I'm not misusing it. I told him that I won't because I waited for 2 years. This was finished in all about 25 minute, and then I went to baggage claim collected my bag from united counter because it was already +1 hour. After collecting bag I went to custom where I told lady that I'm immigrating she told me to follow again a red line to go to Immigration customs their they gave me a form to declare all my belongings. I filled out and signed it and headed toward exit. On Arrival side there is office for the Airport shuttle they charge $15 each way to drop you almost anywhere in town. They run every 30 mins. I boarded in shuttle and finally arrived at hotel around 3.30 PM. it was Sunday so I couldn't do anything. I have to wait until next day. On Monday first I went to SIN and then for the Health Card. these two locations are around hotel just 10 to 15 min walking distance. Hotel staff helped me finding office and they gave me map and directions to both these locations. On second day I went for the Bank (http://www.pcfinancial.ca/) this is zero dollar charge account. Bank location was far from hotel so I had to take a train to get there. But it was convenient and easy to find.

On 16th Feb I had flight in morning 7.45 AM. Hotel Scheduled pickup for me for 4.20 AM. I reach to airport at around 4.45 AM from the Airline counter I got the Boarding pass and they tagged my Luggage bag and gave me two forms. 1) Custom 2) (Port of entry)I-94. I passed custom and headed to immigration. There I gave my Form, Passport (With Expired visa) and new I-797.Officer told me that I have expired visa I told him I have valid approval from I-797. he was not sure how this works so he called another officer and another officer told him that if he didn't left the continent and he was in Canada for 2 days then automatic re validation should works(according to AVR rule on got website you can enter within 30 days not 2 days).Officer started validating my visa and somehow he was seeing some issue with it so he took me to the secondary validation office there another officer verified everything and asked me who is your employer and when you are going to get your visa stamped, I said next month. He created new I-94 for me one thing I notice is that he did not make stamp on any page of my passport but he stamped on I-94(usually they do it on both).and finally went towards boarding gate.

Calgary SIN office Address
Harry Hays Building, Suite 270
220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta
http://www.serviceCanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/hr-display.cgi?rc=4802&ln=eng

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7, Canada
(403) 299-2373
http://www.health.alberta.ca

Find nearest location from http://www.pcfinancial.ca/

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
JENNYSEC said:
Hi chigirl Thanks,
I hade been in to City bank today mornning.The bank officer was very nice she gave me a copy of my check it was already encashed.as you said there is file number (B ********) on it.can I mention this file # when apply to change adress,Don't they ask how come I have file # before they realese to me.or one more question as per your experience the file number remain same during all prosidure what they mention on back side of encased check or there is any chance to change it....Pls. guide me..
Before you do anything else, have you tried logging on to e-case? If you can, then they have opened your file and should be able to match your change of address with your file. It will also confirm that the number on the back of your check is indeed your file number. Heres the link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
chigirl said:
Before you do anything else, have you tried logging on to e-case? If you can, then they have opened your file and should be able to match your change of address with your file. It will also confirm that the number on the back of your check is indeed your file number. Heres the link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
HI Chigirl thanks
I tried to open my e case and I got following answer,

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:

I think they still not start process,by the way my check encased on 24 th JAN 2011,can you give rough idea how much time it will take to start process.And do me a favour pls. send me link wher I can update my time line.

C

cchabert

surenderJeet said:
Hi cchabert and Ag,

Can you give name of Mobile cell operator in calgary.

Thanks,
There is many of them, I have wind mobile but you can have:
Telus
Rogers
Bell (Horrible)
Fido
Koodo
Virgin

Peace!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
JENNYSEC said:
HI Chigirl thanks
I tried to open my e case and I got following answer,

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:

I think they still not start process,by the way my check encased on 24 th JAN 2011,can you give rough idea how much time it will take to start process.And do me a favour pls. send me link wher I can update my time line.
Jenny;

1) When you try to log on to e-case, you need to pick Immigration file no as your option. But, if you did pick the same and you got the above response, then it quite possible that they still have not entered your details in their database.

2) For Jasper's spreadsheet, go to http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System.
To publish dates below your name, go to your profile and update.

Regards processing time, I cannot tell you, because the timelines have gotten increasing longer. You will have to keep in touch with other members in the forum, to get an idea. By the way, when did you send your application to CIC?

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
Friends,

I am thinking of going to Buffalo for stamping. Has any one come across any recent stamping experience in Buffalo? If, yes..please forward the link.

Warm regards

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
boston said:
Hi All,

I would like to share my Calgary Landing Experience.

I had booked deal with Priceline from Boston to Calgary from 13th Feb to 16th Feb with Hotel. I paid 733 dollars including everything (Flight + Hotel in Downtown). My flight was via Chicago. BOS-ORD-YYD.

I stayed in Downtown hotel called 5 Calgary Downtown hotel. Nice hotel for PR landing, because everything is around (SIN and Health Card) Bank is little far but it's really easy to get used to with downtown. I really enjoyed there. I mean really... In just a day I'm like familiar with enough to find out any address.

I started my journey on 13th Feb 2011. I had flight from Boston at 6.55 AM with Chicago connection. I reached Calgary at around 1.00 PM local time. As soon as I got off the flight it was a quite a long walk to reach to the Port of entry. In flight, flight attended had given me a custom forms I already had that filled out. at Port of entry lady welcomed me and asked how long you are going to stay I told her that I'm immigrating and I would be staying for 3-4 days as I have interview scheduled with perspective employer. Then she asked me to follow red line towards immigration office. As soon as I entered officer called me and asked me from where you coming and how long it took to get immigration visa stamped. Then he asked for Canadian address. He warned me that there are cases where people apply for the green card and PR both at the same time. So He just wanted to make sure that I'm not misusing it. I told him that I won't because I waited for 2 years. This was finished in all about 25 minute, and then I went to baggage claim collected my bag from united counter because it was already +1 hour. After collecting bag I went to custom where I told lady that I'm immigrating she told me to follow again a red line to go to Immigration customs their they gave me a form to declare all my belongings. I filled out and signed it and headed toward exit. On Arrival side there is office for the Airport shuttle they charge $15 each way to drop you almost anywhere in town. They run every 30 mins. I boarded in shuttle and finally arrived at hotel around 3.30 PM. it was Sunday so I couldn't do anything. I have to wait until next day. On Monday first I went to SIN and then for the Health Card. these two locations are around hotel just 10 to 15 min walking distance. Hotel staff helped me finding office and they gave me map and directions to both these locations. On second day I went for the Bank (http://www.pcfinancial.ca/) this is zero dollar charge account. Bank location was far from hotel so I had to take a train to get there. But it was convenient and easy to find.

On 16th Feb I had flight in morning 7.45 AM. Hotel Scheduled pickup for me for 4.20 AM. I reach to airport at around 4.45 AM from the Airline counter I got the Boarding pass and they tagged my Luggage bag and gave me two forms. 1) Custom 2) (Port of entry)I-94. I passed custom and headed to immigration. There I gave my Form, Passport (With Expired visa) and new I-797.Officer told me that I have expired visa I told him I have valid approval from I-797. he was not sure how this works so he called another officer and another officer told him that if he didn't left the continent and he was in Canada for 2 days then automatic re validation should works(according to AVR rule on got website you can enter within 30 days not 2 days).Officer started validating my visa and somehow he was seeing some issue with it so he took me to the secondary validation office there another officer verified everything and asked me who is your employer and when you are going to get your visa stamped, I said next month. He created new I-94 for me one thing I notice is that he did not make stamp on any page of my passport but he stamped on I-94(usually they do it on both).and finally went towards boarding gate.

Calgary SIN office Address
Harry Hays Building, Suite 270
220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta
http://www.serviceCanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/hr-display.cgi?rc=4802&ln=eng

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7, Canada
(403) 299-2373
http://www.health.alberta.ca

Find nearest location from http://www.pcfinancial.ca/

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks Much for the details you have given. i wish if each of us who do landing put his/her experience in the forum, it will be very helpful for others.

Thanks Again

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
its ok to give them file number for change of address... they wont ask u whr u got it frm..it could take few days/weeks for ecas to show up ur file...

JENNYSEC said:
Hi chigirl Thanks,
I hade been in to City bank today mornning.The bank officer was very nice she gave me a copy of my check it was already encashed.as you said there is file number (B ********) on it.can I mention this file # when apply to change adress,Don't they ask how come I have file # before they realese to me.or one more question as per your experience the file number remain same during all prosidure what they mention on back side of encased check or there is any chance to change it....Pls. guide me..

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
DKSCHOWDARY said:
its ok to give them file number for change of address... they wont ask u whr u got it frm..it could take few days/weeks for ecas to show up ur file...
Thanks chigirl and DKSCHOWDARY for help me.

my application rached CIC buffalo 2nd DEC 2010.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
JENNYSEC said:
Thanks chigirl and DKSCHOWDARY for help me.

my application rached CIC buffalo 2nd DEC 2010.
From the spreadsheet, it seems like people who submitted their application in the first and second week of Aug are now getting their medicals. So, you stll have some time to go. Meanwhile you can email and fax your change of address, along with your file number, to CIC.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
Is there anyone who has done medicals in June 2010, but has not received ppr yet?

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
i did mine in July, file still stuck in buffalo
Sinbad said:
Is there anyone who has done medicals in June 2010, but has not received ppr yet?