+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
hsetin said:
This might be a coincidence, or may be not!

I write an email to cic buffalo enquiring about my application, because it has been more than 3 months since it is "in process", and it has been more than 2 months since they recieved my Medicals.

And voilà !

I get a request for passport in the next 15 minutes.
;D

So repeating the above question, has anyone got his passport stamped in NY, I have to travel in 2 weeks and therefore I don't want to mail my passport.
Although I have till sept end to get it stamped, but I want it sooner :p.

Alright folks get ready for more RFP.
Congratulation.

Thanks
image6000

CA2010

Aug 9, 2010
Jacaranda said:
what a relief....finally....

application sent to CIC: June 10th
BOA check cashed : 9th August
Thank you for sharing. This is good news for all June applicants. including me.

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
"Request for documents from AINP: Nov 25 2009" : Before issuing nomination to you AINP confirms if you are still employed in the US by sending a request for your latest payslip. If you can't provide that you don't get nomination, if you do you get your nomination within weeks.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Srikanth,

Congratulations for successfully completing the medicals. Please advice the following:

1. When was your file delived to CIC:
2. From what date your started whowing on E-Cas

Your case is very interesting, it beats the CIC's standard timelines, it tuk only 2 months for CIC to issue you AOR/Medical request.

Kind Regards

tsrikanth said:
Hello All,

Medical Tests were successfully completed last Saturday in Dallas, TX. They charged $250/person, also said they will call me for charges(for Credit Card Info,etc) for sending Medicals to CIC Office.

Thank you all guys for helping me.

Srikanth.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
email2kale said:
Hey Congrats!!!

You might have ask ALBERTAORBUST, somewhere in this forum said he will be travelling Buffalo. I got mine within 10days by post but its risky if you have any plans.
Unfortunately, I could not take 2 days off from work ( It's a 8 hr drive from NYC to Buffalo) and CIC only accepts passports on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8 to 11 am. So I sent the PP's by mail. BTW I should change my handle from "ALBERTA OR BUST" to "Alberta here I come".

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
That is a good news for USA. American lawmakers are thinking in right direction.

ChaloCanada said:
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9HGM2S03.htm

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
Hi Guys,

I am back from Alberta using AVR. Everything worked really good. Me and my spouse landed in middle of the night last week. Went thru' three officers. First one checked our paperwork and directed us to second one. Second again confirmed everything, and gave us the last page of CORP document and welcomed us to canada. Third one stamped our list of accompanying goods and lists of goods to follow. One of each form, he kept it with him and another one gave us as proof. While exiting gave our declaration cards to the officer at the gate. Everybody was soo nice and polite. Approximately 30 mins together from landing to entering in Canada.

Then went to hotel stayed there for 3 days. Second day morning, went to SIN office (got SIN immediately on paper and card will come later in the post), then went to health card office. Finished 2 important tasks. Then went to open the bank account. We had all money in form of traveler's check, thinking that it will get immediately converted to Canadian currency when we will go to the bank. But we were wrong. Traveler's checks are from american express and it will take 1 month to clear out (21 business days). So we have money in account but of no use till next one month. Good a thing that our friend is there, from whom we borrowed the Canadian currency. My advice: dont take travelers check. Take only cash.

Then rented a bachelor apartment for $800.00 (without lease) for my spouse who stayed back. Where lady asked us to provide proof of income or bank statement and $525.00 (security deposit and application fees)

I left for USA. Used AVR without any hassle except one....the immigration officer was very rude. He was may be thinking that he is offering some thing out of his pocket. But, who cares as long as everything worked out. Immigration clearance office for USA is located on the Canadian airport itself. So, custom/immigration clearance was done at the Canadian Airport itself. So, when landed in USA, just headed straight to exit door.

One big difference between americans and canadians. Americans: rude, moody and crazy people. Canadians: Everybody is with smiling faces, polite and friendly.

God's grace We dint apply for Green card of USA.

Thanks all for your great support to making our journey so nice to the stage of freedom. And good luck to you all and see you all in Canada.

Bye Bye.
Alvida

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hey priya86,
Congrats on your landing! And thanks for the detailed experience post. So did you take a flight into Calgary and were able to use AVR returning to US? I thought AVR only for crossing by land. Did you have an expired H1B visa that was stamped in India?
Cheers!

priya86 said:
Hi Guys,

I am back from Alberta using AVR. Everything worked really good. Me and my spouse landed in middle of the night last week. Went thru' three officers. First one checked our paperwork and directed us to second one. Second again confirmed everything, and gave us the last page of CORP document and welcomed us to canada. Third one stamped our list of accompanying goods and lists of goods to follow. One of each form, he kept it with him and another one gave us as proof. While exiting gave our declaration cards to the officer at the gate. Everybody was soo nice and polite. Approximately 30 mins together from landing to entering in Canada.

Bye Bye.
Alvida

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
Albertaorbust,
Yes, Its time to change the name buddy.
Well because you have already done the research, let me ask you this- Can I have someone else get the stamping done for me, or do I have to physically present there.
I have a friend in Buffalo, and he can certainly get this done for me.
Any idea if this is feasible?
Thanks

Unfortunately, I could not take 2 days off from work ( It's a 8 hr drive from NYC to Buffalo) and CIC only accepts passports on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8 to 11 am. So I sent the PP's by mail. BTW I should change my handle from "ALBERTA OR BUST" to "Alberta here I come".
[/quote]

showrisudhir

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-31-2008, 03-25-10(reached CIC)
Doc's Request.
11-20-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-15-2010
Med's Request
07-15-2010
Med's Done....
07-27-2010, Initial Assessment and RPRF on 11/24/10
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
03-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-28-2011
LANDED..........
July 15th 2011
Hi Priya,

Congrates on your landing. Thank you for your detail explanation on your landing, which is helpful for all of us.

SS
priya86 said:
Hi Guys,

Then went to hotel stayed there for 3 days. Second day morning, went to SIN office (got SIN immediately on paper and card will come later in the post), then went to health card office. Finished 2 important tasks. Then went to open the bank account. We had all money in form of traveler's check, thinking that it will get immediately converted to Canadian currency when we will go to the bank. But we were wrong. Traveler's checks are from american express and it will take 1 month to clear out (21 business days). So we have money in account but of no use till next one month. Good a thing that our friend is there, from whom we borrowed the Canadian currency. My advice: dont take travelers check. Take only cash.

Then rented a bachelor apartment for $800.00 (without lease) for my spouse who stayed back. Where lady asked us to provide proof of income or bank statement and $525.00 (security deposit and application fees)

I left for USA. Used AVR without any hassle except one....the immigration officer was very rude. He was may be thinking that he is offering some thing out of his pocket. But, who cares as long as everything worked out. Immigration clearance office for USA is located on the Canadian airport itself. So, custom/immigration clearance was done at the Canadian Airport itself. So, when landed in USA, just headed straight to exit door.

One big difference between americans and canadians. Americans: rude, moody and crazy people. Canadians: Everybody is with smiling faces, polite and friendly.

God's grace We dint apply for Green card of USA.

Thanks all for your great support to making our journey so nice to the stage of freedom. And good luck to you all and see you all in Canada.

Bye Bye.
Alvida

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
hsetin said:
Albertaorbust,
Yes, Its time to change the name buddy.
Well because you have already done the research, let me ask you this- Can I have someone else get the stamping done for me, or do I have to physically present there.
I have a friend in Buffalo, and he can certainly get this done for me.
Any idea if this is feasible?
Thanks

Hsetin,
Yes it is possible. Read the link CIC sent you in the PPR email. You can send a representative.

Albertavasi (Future)

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
hsetin,
Could you update us with your medical dates.

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
ChaloCanada said:
hsetin,
Could you update us with your medical dates.
app started- March 2009
Nomination- nov 2009
cic App- Jan 2010
med request- April 2010
Med sent to cic - may 25, 2010
PRF sent (without request)- July 7
check cashed- July 15
RFP- Aug 10

canvan

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 08
Nomination.....
July
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
nov 17 2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Hi,

I have few questions about landing and living in a different province other than Alberta.

1. I am planning to do the Landing formalities entering on road from Buffalo , I can give the Alberta address for them to post the PR Cards. Can I apply the SIN card, Health Card and the Bank Account in Toronto or do I have to travel to Alberta to complete these.

2. Do we have to live in Alberta for certain days to be eligible for further extension of the Permanent Residency or the Citizenship? From what I hear it would be difficult getting a job in IT in Alberta. I read somewhere that we have to stay there, I don't know for how many days or years as we signed the AINP documents and should support the Alebrta economy and not move somewhere which is morally the right thing but not realistic with the job market there so ..

3. Are we legally bounded to stay in Alberta all the while until we get the Citizenship?

4. I want to complete the Landing formalities and return back to US using the AVR , I still have 2 years of H1B so want to come back and try looking for the jobs from here instead of going there and being jobless.

I have completed my medical which reached Ottawa on Aug 5th and they cashed my Cheque(PR Fee) on the same day.

Thanks folks

C

cchabert

canvan said:
Hi,

I have few questions about landing and living in a different province other than Alberta.

1. I am planning to do the Landing formalities entering on road from Buffalo , I can give the Alberta address for them to post the PR Cards. Can I apply the SIN card, Health Card and the Bank Account in Toronto or do I have to travel to Alberta to complete these.

2. Do we have to live in Alberta for certain days to be eligible for further extension of the Permanent Residency or the Citizenship? From what I hear it would be difficult getting a job in IT in Alberta. I read somewhere that we have to stay there, I don't know for how many days or years as we signed the AINP documents and should support the Alebrta economy and not move somewhere which is morally the right thing but not realistic with the job market there so ..

3. Are we legally bounded to stay in Alberta all the while until we get the Citizenship?

4. I want to complete the Landing formalities and return back to US using the AVR , I still have 2 years of H1B so want to come back and try looking for the jobs from here instead of going there and being jobless.

I have completed my medical which reached Ottawa on Aug 5th and they cashed my Cheque(PR Fee) on the same day.

Thanks folks
On your quote: "From what I hear it would be difficult getting a job in IT in Alberta" I'll search first instead from comments. Here they are some helpful sites:

http://employment.alberta.ca/
www.ajilon.ca (IT Staffing/Recruiting)
www.canadait.com
http://local.cips.ca/calgary/ (Canadian Information Processin Society)
www.isgjobs.com (Computer Horizons ISG (IT Staffing)
www.dice.com (Tech jobs)
www.finney-taylor.com (IT recruiting)
www.eagleonline.com
www.jobcafe.com
www.positionwatch.com

This are a few, have fun!

Cheers