+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I have seen a few posts from Halifax that finished the test but it seems there’s no update after that at all. Might be something with the office itself so maybe wait for a bit or you can raise a webform.
I am from Halifax! I completed the test on 19 Mar 2021. They confirmed that I passed the test a week later, but two important assessments - residence and language, are "not started".

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I am from Halifax! I completed the test on 19 Mar 2021. They confirmed that I passed the test a week later, but two important assessments - residence and language, are "not started".
Normally those two are assessed during the interview. Once that is finished then everything checks out and it would move to "Decision Made". I think Halifax IRCC hasn't processed the files yet, or maybe they are just moving at a incredibly slow speed.

Reactions: Nova Scotia

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Well, Halifax by the looks of it isn't slower than Scarborough anyways. I had my test mid-Feb and although I have my DM (came a month later and after the interview) I haven't had any Oath invites, so whereas I would absolutely call them to at least try to enquire as to why the checks haven't been done, you are still well within the general national timeframe. I can only remember January test takers being swift on Oaths. After that I'd say 2 months between the test and the Oath are quite business as usual

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Normally those two are assessed during the interview. Once that is finished then everything checks out and it would move to "Decision Made". I think Halifax IRCC hasn't processed the files yet, or maybe they are just moving at a incredibly slow speed.
Nowadays everyone is feeling their office is the slowest, and this makes sense... All offices are incredibly slow now, comparing to pre-COVID. I know few people in Halifax who applied for citizenship pre-COVID, the average processing time was 8-9 months from start to finish (because of the relatively small population here). Now I feel it can easily drag for 2 years... :(

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Nowadays everyone is feeling their office is the slowest, and this makes sense... All offices are incredibly slow now, comparing to pre-COVID. I know few people in Halifax who applied for citizenship pre-COVID, the average processing time was 8-9 months from start to finish (because of the relatively small population here). Now I feel it can easily drag for 2 years... :(
Look at my timeline, it's basically 2 years for a routine application. Things are moving at an incredibly slow speed unfortunately

• Sad

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Well, Halifax by the looks of it isn't slower than Scarborough anyways. I had my test mid-Feb and although I have my DM (came a month later and after the interview) I haven't had any Oath invites, so whereas I would absolutely call them to at least try to enquire as to why the checks haven't been done, you are still well within the general national timeframe. I can only remember January test takers being swift on Oaths. After that I'd say 2 months between the test and the Oath are quite business as usual
Thanks! Yes, I would say 2 months between the test and oath are very normal. For your case I would absolutely check with them :)

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Look at my timeline, it's basically 2 years for a routine application. Things are moving at an incredibly slow speed unfortunately
So sorry to see your timeline, this must be so painful... Those people are not working thanks to COVID and "699 Leave" :(

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Good luck! I completed the test on February 19th and I still have nothing. Still in process. I'm also with the Halifax office. When I got my GCMS notes in December 2020, Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibition were not started and Criminality had passed. IRCC call centre agent last week told me that the Knowledge now shows up as Passed but that he can't see anything else. I guess I should get myself ready for another 6 month wait for DM and Oath. I can let you know if I hear anything, if that's helpful but my overall experience with the Halifax office is that they are really slow.

• Sad

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Good luck! I completed the test on February 19th and I still have nothing. Still in process. I'm also with the Halifax office. When I got my GCMS notes in December 2020, Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibition were not started and Criminality had passed. IRCC call centre agent last week told me that the Knowledge now shows up as Passed but that he can't see anything else. I guess I should get myself ready for another 6 month wait for DM and Oath. I can let you know if I hear anything, if that's helpful but my overall experience with the Halifax office is that they are really slow.
It's great to know we are with the same office! Now I have a more accurate benchmark! I see you applied in Sep 2019, that's a very long and painful wait. :( I applied in Jan 2020, when I called to check my status in Jan 2021, they told me only passed criminality, all other stuff are not started (the same as you). They are indeed super slow now...

PS. If you meet a nice agent, he/she would be able to put you on a brief hold and provide you with real-time detailed status (in terms of knowledge, residence, language, prohibition and criminality), you don't have to wait for a month for GCMS notes. :) Some not-so-nice agents claim that they cannot see anything other than what you could see on ECAS, this is not true. LOL

Reactions: zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
t's great to know we are with the same office! Now I have a more accurate benchmark! I see you applied in Sep 2019, that's a very long and painful wait. :( I appli
Thank you so much! I will let you know if I hear anything. Yes, I applied back on September 4, 2019, got my AOR on November 27, 2019 and IP on December 30, 2019. I hope that you also hear something soon, the wait is so frustrating.
I have tried every single thing I could think of with the call centre agents; sweet talk, lots and lots of patience. The last one told me that the knowledge part had been completed but nothing other than that. I will try again next week, you have given me hope :D I'm crossing my fingers for both of us.