+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Despite of this, status is still "In progress" and hvnt changed to DM even after over 2 months. thanks anyways.
I'm so sorry to hear about your case. I'm on the same boat. I finished my test on February 19th and called twice since then. All they tell me is that the test is already recorded, everything looks good, knowledge part all completed and that I should be getting an oath invite soon. I'm a September 2019 applicant. I have heard nothing from them since then and my application shows up as in process still. I see people getting DMs just a couple of days after their tests but I've been waiting close to 6 weeks now. Yours is even longer. I'm crossing my fingers for all of us. Hope you hear some good news soon.

luna.a

Jan 29, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
26-09-2015
Hi everyone
I have passed my test Jan 26, 2021 and till now I did not hear anything, the status is still in process. Is it normal??
I have started to worry why is it to slow !!
My processing office is Hamilton

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone
I have passed my test Jan 26, 2021 and till now I did not hear anything, the status is still in process. Is it normal??
I have started to worry why is it to slow !!
My processing office is Hamilton
You can give them a call or raise a webform

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I'm so sorry to hear about your case. I'm on the same boat. I finished my test on February 19th and called twice since then. All they tell me is that the test is already recorded, everything looks good, knowledge part all completed and that I should be getting an oath invite soon. I'm a September 2019 applicant. I have heard nothing from them since then and my application shows up as in process still. I see people getting DMs just a couple of days after their tests but I've been waiting close to 6 weeks now. Yours is even longer. I'm crossing my fingers for all of us. Hope you hear some good news soon.
I have seen a few posts from Halifax that finished the test but it seems there’s no update after that at all. Might be something with the office itself so maybe wait for a bit or you can raise a webform.

Reactions: zeyzey6

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Exact same status and exact same response for me as well.

Reactions: zeyzey6

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Ah okay. At first Mississauga office moved really fast but it stalled significantly in the past few weeks. Maybe be patient and wait for a couple more weeks. Or you can try to contact your MP/request GCMS notes.
They are extremely painfully slow. A May 2019 candidate from same office has received DM 2 weeks ago. Few later months hv already got the DM n few did the oath so its all mixed up. Oaths hv stopped since 8th March last month and hvn't resumed so far.
I don't think anything will work except waiting because they're not listening to anyone.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I have seen a few posts from Halifax that finished the test but it seems there’s no update after that at all. Might be something with the office itself so maybe wait for a bit or you can raise a webform.
Thanks a lot. My office is the Halifax office and they are so slow. I'm grateful that I got a test request but I just don't know what takes them this long as they do not have anywhere close to the number of applicants Ontario offices have. Anyways I will keep waiting and send them a webform next Friday if I don't hear from them. So happy for you though, hope you get the oath invite in a couple of days!

• Love
Reactions: BadGamer6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks a lot. My office is the Halifax office and they are so slow. I'm grateful that I got a test request but I just don't know what takes them this long as they do not have anywhere close to the number of applicants Ontario offices have. Anyways I will keep waiting and send them a webform next Friday if I don't hear from them. So happy for you though, hope you get the oath invite in a couple of days!
Thank you!! Hope you can hear something back soon!