+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application

Trust Him

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Congrats Bud!! Happy for you. And glad to be of any help.
Visa approved today. I have listed all the important dates for my application below, since my University is in Quebec and the procedure was much longer than usual:

Date applied for CAQ - April 14, 2017 (Additional documents were received at the Ministry in Quebec via DHL on April 18, 2017)
Date CAQ issued - May 24, 2017 (I received the original via courier about 1 week later - but the PDF is sufficient to apply for a study permit)
Date applied for Study Permit - May 31, 2017
Medicals updated - June 7, 2017
Review of Eligibility updated - June 28, 2017 (approximately)
Date of approval - July 24, 2017
Date of passport submission at Mumbai VAC - July 24, 2017 (I expect to pick up my passport in 7 working days, on August 2, 2017)

A few points to note:
1. I had organized my financial documents very poorly, and I actually made a mistake on the study permit form under "funds available". I wrote a figure which was about 5 times the actual money shown in the bank statement that was attached. But I sent a CSE through their webform explaining exactly why I made the mistake, and why it should be updated to a different amount (which I also specified). I had also cited specific pages of my financial docs that would support the new figure. I assume that they took this into consideration.
2. I had attached no GICs and no affidavits from an Indian bank - just printouts of online statements and mutual fund accounts. The only "original" documents I attached were: a sponsorship letter from my father, a letter from my father's employer specifying his salary, and his IT returns from the last 4 years.
3. I had received three speeding tickets during my stay in the US (within the last 5 years). Court records in the US are freely available on google, and I was quite worried about this because it can reflect poorly on the applicant's character - but I assume it didn't make a difference since background check was not needed.
4. This is an application for a second masters. I graduated from my first masters in 2013, and have been working ever since. So this clearly proves that a study gap of 4 years doesn't make any difference.

A huge thank you to everyone all the great advice. Thanks Trust Him - for tracking everyone's progress.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I know the wait can be really stressful, so let's all stay positive and help each other!

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Visa approved today. I have listed all the important dates for my application below, since my University is in Quebec and the procedure was much longer than usual:

Date applied for CAQ - April 14, 2017 (Additional documents were received at the Ministry in Quebec via DHL on April 18, 2017)
Date CAQ issued - May 24, 2017 (I received the original via courier about 1 week later - but the PDF is sufficient to apply for a study permit)
Date applied for Study Permit - May 31, 2017
Medicals updated - June 7, 2017
Review of Eligibility updated - June 28, 2017 (approximately)
Date of approval - July 24, 2017
Date of passport submission at Mumbai VAC - July 24, 2017 (I expect to pick up my passport in 7 working days, on August 2, 2017)

A few points to note:
1. I had organized my financial documents very poorly, and I actually made a mistake on the study permit form under "funds available". I wrote a figure which was about 5 times the actual money shown in the bank statement that was attached. But I sent a CSE through their webform explaining exactly why I made the mistake, and why it should be updated to a different amount (which I also specified). I had also cited specific pages of my financial docs that would support the new figure. I assume that they took this into consideration.
2. I had attached no GICs and no affidavits from an Indian bank - just printouts of online statements and mutual fund accounts. The only "original" documents I attached were: a sponsorship letter from my father, a letter from my father's employer specifying his salary, and his IT returns from the last 4 years.
3. I had received three speeding tickets during my stay in the US (within the last 5 years). Court records in the US are freely available on google, and I was quite worried about this because it can reflect poorly on the applicant's character - but I assume it didn't make a difference since background check was not needed.
4. This is an application for a second masters. I graduated from my first masters in 2013, and have been working ever since. So this clearly proves that a study gap of 4 years doesn't make any difference.

A huge thank you to everyone all the great advice. Thanks Trust Him - for tracking everyone's progress.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I know the wait can be really stressful, so let's all stay positive and help each other!
So glad for you buddy. Good luck for your new start. (My prediction indeed came true for you :) )

Reactions: ae47

mhk16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
hey,
if you havent got the medical dont get it done. the embassy will send you an message on the online application portal generating an IME No. and then you will have to get your medical done. if you get it done before you will have to tell them to link your medical which, i dont think is advisable. doing the same right now, its better to wait it out, I am very certain they will screw it up.
Yeah bud.. I took your advise and went for upfront medical and the moment I left the facility I received an email with my medical instructions. So glad to refresh my email the moment I left.. So I went back and got my application changed from UMI to IME.. Let's see how much time would be taken for the medical results to be updated..

Tushar123

Jul 12, 2017
Yeah bud.. I took your advise and went for upfront medical and the moment I left the facility I received an email with my medical instructions. So glad to refresh my email the moment I left.. So I went back and got my application changed from UMI to IME.. Let's see how much time would be taken for the medical results to be updated..
Hello,
What did you mean by "application changed from UMI to IME".

RachitMalik

Jul 7, 2017
hey,
i don't think you made a blunder, there was no IMM5753 form in the documents otherwise aswell. review your application online and see what have you written, don't give any false information and if some thing is wrong write to the the canadian embassy through the IRCC web form explaining them what went wrong, or the update to your application. I am facing the same problem, I thought they would inform me to get a medical or something like that, but I guess I was wrong. So currently, I think you should go and get a medical done tomorrow itself, dont waste any time from the designated medical institute, which which you will find online on their site. the medical is valid for 1 year. upload the medical and any other information, if you want, throught the IRCC form, you will get an option to upload. cheers, i hope this helps.

here is the link if you need it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Im in the exact same situation. I did the medical after applying for the visa and uploaded the E-Medical acknowledgement through ircc webform. Just on Monday I received a request for medical. Does this mean I have to do the medical again? Have they not read the ircc webform and not linked the results? It has been 8 weeks since I applied and I need to leave on 17th Aug.

RachitMalik

Jul 7, 2017
Im in the exact same situation. I did the medical after applying for the visa and uploaded the E-Medical acknowledgement through ircc webform. Just on Monday I received a request for medical. Does this mean I have to do the medical again? Have they not read the ircc webform and not linked the results? It has been 8 weeks since I applied and I need to leave on 17th Aug.
Anybody in the same situation? Pls help. I am concerned that they are not even reading the emails. Should I re do the medical with the new IME number?

singh 97

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Got Passport request 2 hours before. Thank you for all help. June 14 online application. B.Tech University, no scholarship. upfront medical, updated and review started on 24 June 2017
did you get email on cic account only or on gmail also ans please share your profile

Trust Him

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Congrats Bro!!!
Good to know that they are at least processing online apps. God Knows whats their criteria though. LOL!!!
But Seems like they are processing Uni Apps faster than others.

Best of luck and safe travels. Please keep coming back to share any progress and important info you come across.

Got Passport request 2 hours before. Thank you for all help. June 14 online application. B.Tech University, no scholarship. upfront medical, updated and review started on 24 June 2017

suddapalli2000

Sep 23, 2005
India
Thank you singh 97, Trust Him and RachitMalik. My profile.
B. Tech application, Memorial University.
Applied online on 14 June 2017.
2 routine mails after that.
Medical changed to 'you passed medical' on 24 June and review started on same day........then waiting......waiting....Passport request today.
Financially strong. paid all fee, books, food and hostel accommodation. Transferred 10000 to Canada a/c. Brother in Canada on Study visa.