+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application

IndianOcn

Jul 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I had applied online on 8th June and I received an update on my application today requesting my passport. My 'Final Decision' has been changed to 'Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.'

I was starting to become extremely worried since I applied without doing any prior research including browsing through this forum so I didn't include any SOP or my IGCSE and A Level marksheets. I felt my Financial Proof was lacking as well - no education loan, no tuition payment, no GIC, no Canadian bank account and only 2-3 lakhs in bank statement. However, I did show sufficient proof of my parents' investments in shares and mutual funds and I explicitly stated this is what the funding would be done through.

I'm just really happy my application was approved and I hope you guys get approved soon! :)

Last edited:

sabisco

Jul 20, 2017
3rd of July
hey,
if you havent got the medical dont get it done. the embassy will send you an message on the online application portal generating an IME No. and then you will have to get your medical done. if you get it done before you will have to tell them to link your medical which, i dont think is advisable. doing the same right now, its better to wait it out, I am very certain they will screw it up.

Reactions: mhk16

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I had applied online on 8th June and I received an update on my application today requesting my passport. My 'Final Decision' has been changed to 'Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.'

I was starting to become extremely worried since I applied without doing any prior research including browsing through this forum so I didn't include any SOP or my IGCSE and A Level marksheets. I felt my Financial Proof was lacking as well - no education loan, no tuition payment, no GIC, no Canadian bank account and only 2-3 lakhs in bank statement. However, I did show sufficient proof of my parents' investments in shares and mutual funds and I explicitly stated this is what the funding would be done through.

I'm just really happy my application was approved and I hope you guys get approved soon! :)
Heartiest Congratulations! Can you please give quick answers to my questions below? Thanks in advance.

Which country and city?
Bachelors/ diploma/masters/PhD?
SPP? University?
Session starts in?
Destination province in Canada?

IndianOcn

Jul 22, 2017
Heartiest Congratulations! Can you please give quick answers to my questions below? Thanks in advance.

Which country and city?
Bachelors/ diploma/masters/PhD?
SPP? University?
Session starts in?
Destination province in Canada?
Mumbai, India
BBA
Non-SPP, Wilfrid Laurier University
September 1st for mandatory orientation, classes start September 7th
Waterloo, Ontario

mirealket

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Hey where did you apply from...congrats on your approval

Trust Him

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Based on the past apps and approvals, looks like only University apps are being processed. June 8 & 15 are both University apps.

ae47

Mar 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Hey congratulations! Could you also update us on the procedure after you receive a request for the passport? It would help to know the timeline for how long the stamping takes including the transit time.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Based on the past apps and approvals, looks like only University apps are being processed. June 8 & 15 are both University apps.
Do you know if Kirti applied online (June 15)?

So far the data suggests university/scholarship programs/close start dates are getting preference. But this hypothesis is not full-proof; several other cases with similar criteria are pending (But other issues like complicated document confirmation may be involved in those cases).

At least we know now that they are not sitting idle. If my hypothesis is true, all diploma/non univ candidates will start getting decisions in bulk processing (temporal order of placing application will not matter in that case).

Trust Him

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Thats right
Some University apps are still pending.

Just hope they start issuing visas soon. Not sure what is delaying the apps. Unless the faster ones are being processed by the same officer.

Do you know if Kirti applied online (June 15)?

So far the data suggests university/scholarship programs/close start dates are getting preference. But this hypothesis is not full-proof; several other cases with similar criteria are pending (But other issues like complicated document confirmation may be involved in those cases).

At least we know now that they are not sitting idle. If my hypothesis is true, all diploma/non univ candidates will start getting decisions in bulk processing (temporal order of placing application will not matter in that case).

sabisco

Jul 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

congratulations!!! could you please tell us where you are required to submit your visa for stamping ? and keep us updated on how much time it took you to get your visa in hand.

ae47

Mar 20, 2017
Visa approved today. I have listed all the important dates for my application below, since my University is in Quebec and the procedure was much longer than usual:

Date applied for CAQ - April 14, 2017 (Additional documents were received at the Ministry in Quebec via DHL on April 18, 2017)
Date CAQ issued - May 24, 2017 (I received the original via courier about 1 week later - but the PDF is sufficient to apply for a study permit)
Date applied for Study Permit - May 31, 2017
Medicals updated - June 7, 2017
Review of Eligibility updated - June 28, 2017 (approximately)
Date of approval - July 24, 2017
Date of passport submission at Mumbai VAC - July 24, 2017 (I expect to pick up my passport in 7 working days, on August 2, 2017)

A few points to note:
1. I had organized my financial documents very poorly, and I actually made a mistake on the study permit form under "funds available". I wrote a figure which was about 5 times the actual money shown in the bank statement that was attached. But I sent a CSE through their webform explaining exactly why I made the mistake, and why it should be updated to a different amount (which I also specified). I had also cited specific pages of my financial docs that would support the new figure. I assume that they took this into consideration.
2. I had attached no GICs and no affidavits from an Indian bank - just printouts of online statements and mutual fund accounts. The only "original" documents I attached were: a sponsorship letter from my father, a letter from my father's employer specifying his salary, and his IT returns from the last 4 years.
3. I had received three speeding tickets during my stay in the US (within the last 5 years). Court records in the US are freely available on google, and I was quite worried about this because it can reflect poorly on the applicant's character - but I assume it didn't make a difference since background check was not needed.
4. This is an application for a second masters. I graduated from my first masters in 2013, and have been working ever since. So this clearly proves that a study gap of 4 years doesn't make any difference.

A huge thank you to everyone all the great advice. Thanks Trust Him - for tracking everyone's progress.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I know the wait can be really stressful, so let's all stay positive and help each other!