+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application for TRV and biometric information

hossmal

May 12, 2014
Hello all,

I have recently applied for a TRV online and I have some questions about the processing of online applications.

First of all I was wondering where online applications that are submitted outside of Canada are processed. I was also curious as to weather or not online application processing times differ from those of paper applications for applications that are submitted outside of Canada.

My second question is regarding the biometric information, I live in Gaza, Palestine so the VAC that I would be required to go to in order to submit my biometric information is in Cairo, however it is impossible for me to get to Cairo in order to provide that information given the current situation in Egypt as well as the fact that the border crossing between Egypt and Gaza has been closed for several months now preventing anyone from leaving Gaza through it. With that little bit of background I was wondering if anyone knows of any other methods that might be relevant in order to substitute my going to Cairo in order to provide that information. For example recently digital finger print scanning has been introduced at the police stations in Gaza, would I be able to do my fingerprints there and upload them with the rest of my application? Or is it possible to be provided with some sort of preliminary visa which would allow me to get into Egypt in the event that Egypt opens it's doors for a day or two, in order to go to the VAC in Cairo and provide my biometrics. I have tried asking several people at both the Embassy in Cairo, the Visa application Center in Cairo and I have even had my relatives in Canada phone Canadian Immigration in Canada to ask them but no one seems to have an answer for me.

I really hope that someone can help me out. Also a couple of days after submitting my application I received a letter from CIC cancelling my biometric requirement, when I filled out the online email form to confirm this and to ask if I would be refunded the money I paid for the collection of the biometric information I was sent another letter saying that the first letter was a mistake and I am actually required to provide biometric information. This whole thing has been very confusing and they have now put me at a real time crunch as I am supposed to give my biometrics by May 30 but CIC wasted almost two weeks of my time that I could have spent figuring out how to get that information to them because of their mistake.

I really appreciate everyone's help.
Thank you.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let someone in Canada call CIC-Ottawa to explain that you cannot reach VAC Cairo because Rafah crossing is closed at all times. Is VAC Amman - Jordan an alternative?
Maybe they can provide an alternative.
Good Luck

hossmal

May 12, 2014
Did that, they were told that they can't speak to them about my file unless they were listed as representatives on my file. Also no one seems to really know what is going on. Jordan is out of the question, the only way out of Gaza if you're Palestinian is through Rafah and Egypt likes to make getting through there extra hard for Palestinians. In the odd chance that they do open the border for people to get through it's very conditional, you must either have a medical transfer to a hospital outside of Gaza, a visa to a third country, or you must hold a foreign passport for a country that you were born in.

I think I'm going to try adding my mother-in-law (who is in Canada) as my representative and have her try calling CIC-Ottawa again. The weird thing is that the letters I received were addressed from CIC-Ottawa so I'm curious as to weather or not online applications are all processed in Ottawa.

Thanks so much for trying to help :)

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting a visa to Canada is by itself complicated and difficult and of course being Palestenian and stranded in Gaza makes the situation even more complicated.
I lived in Egypt for a while and I know the situation there. When I applied through VAC Cairo the application was processed in Cairo. Now that I moved to the US and applied online the application was processed in Ottawa. I guess you are right.
Haven't you met anyone who applied from Gaza lately? how did they manage to go to Cairo? I am sure you are not the first one to apply. Having a representative in Canada is very important. At least they can call CIC from inside Canada while we can't do it from outside Canada.
Sorry for not being able to help.
Please come back and let us know.
Good Luck

hossmal

May 12, 2014
I was able to get some answers from CIC Ottawa, finally. They said that the letter requesting the biometrics should suffice as an invitation or whatever from the Canadian Visa office that requires me to go to Egypt. Hopefully the Egyptian border officials also see it that way.

Now does anyone know if there is anyway that the time period that I have been given to get to the VAC to give my biometrics can be extended. I am supposed to get that information in by May 29 but it is impossible for me to leave Gaza before June 23, which was the first day I was able to register to hopefully get through the borders to Egypt. Also I can't get any vacation time from work before then.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get an extension so that I don't have to reapply?

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Dear hossmal,

Have you managed to submit your bio-metrics in Cairo office?

I am thinking to apply for a TRV for my mother, she is currently in Jordan and will return to Gaza in week time.S

hall I submit the application online before she returns?
Do I need to complete the online TRV application fully?
Usually how long it takes to send you the bio-metrics requisition after online submission?
Do I need to complete the entire TRV application requirements before submission? In fact, they have lots of requirements that take time such as notarized invitation letter ...etc.

Thanks!

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tender-heart
If I were you I would apply when your mother is in Jordan. If she can stay in Jordan until she gets her visa, that would be much better. You can apply online on her behalf or she can apply paper application through the VAC office where she can give her biometrics at the same time.
In case you apply for her online, you have to wait for the letter asking her to go to give biometrics at the VAC.
Going back to Gaza will complicate things since there is no VAC in Gaza to give her biometrics.
And to answer your question, whether you apply online or through paper you have to submit the applications and required supporting documents at the time of submission.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
bonitaellada said:
tender-heart
If I were you I would apply when your mother is in Jordan. If she can stay in Jordan until she gets her visa, that would be much better. You can apply online on her behalf or she can apply paper application through the VAC office where she can give her biometrics at the same time.
In case you apply for her online, you have to wait for the letter asking her to go to give biometrics at the VAC.
Going back to Gaza will complicate things since there is no VAC in Gaza to give her biometrics.
And to answer your question, whether you apply online or through paper you have to submit the applications and required supporting documents at the time of submission.
Thanks alot! I don't want to complicate the matter for her! She is in UAE now, and leaving to Jordan in the next few days.

Usually how long it take to get bio-metrics request if we are applying online?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally, you should get the letter asking for biometrics the very next day. I have read applicants here saying that they waited for few days to get it though.

soulful_wala

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2013/02/05
File Transfer...
2013/05/28
Med's Done....
2013/01/20
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2014/03/24
VISA ISSUED...
2014/03/31
LANDED..........
-
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask how one can complete the biometrics if there is no VAC office in their country and they are not able to travel to the closest country with a VAC.