+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
Hi,

I submitted both my PR (Inland) and OWP application for the first time on June 9th 2015. They were received on June 11th.
They returned both applications and I received the package by September 14th. (They returned my application because I forgot to sign the IMM5285)

I signed the form and re-sent the application the same day. (Following the advise of a Call Center Agent called Maria)

Now, I'm a little bit anguished for two reasons:

1. I'm not sure If I filled the OWP application properly because I only included the Checklist, the IMM5710 and the payment (since in the first announce of this pilot program, they said "complete an Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (PDF, KB) (PDF, 452.86 KB) form [IMM 5710]" - now, they say: "complete a work permit application"
2. My visitor status expires by October 22nd and I'm afraid that if the return my package again I'll fall out of status.

Should I resend My OWP application with all the documents?
Should I apply for extend my stay as a visitor?

Please help me!
Thank you

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
jas1989 said:
Hey Guys

I am applying for my wife inside canada and I am a permanent Resident of canada. In the checklist

ww.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf

Their is a option says:

TO be Completed by Sponsor

Either : Sponsership Evaluation IMM 5481( Excepts Residents of Quebec) or : If your spouse or common law partner has dependent children included in this application who have children of their own, Financial Evaluation (Imm 1283)

Do I have to fill 5481 or 1283 as we don't have any kids or dependents. It's just me and my wife.

Another question

Under to Be completed by both Applicant and sponsor.

The first form is for representative as we are doing by our own so it doesnt apply on us.

Next option says. This checklist 5443E

Do I have to fill all the forms like Generic forms, dependents, background information etc which my wife has to fill at the starting of checklist?

Please help Experts.

Thanks
Hello,

I'm not an Expert but I will try to help you,

1. Since you don't have kids. I think you should complete only the IMM 5481
2. The use of a representative form doesn't apply to you.
3. You need to include the document the IMM5443E Checklist

I think that in your case, you should fill the followings forms:
IMM5443E
IMM1344E
IMM5481E
IMM008ENU_2D
IMM5406E
IMM5669E
IMM5285E

I strongly recommend you to follow the instructions guide step by step, It will be a litle bit easier for you to inderstand.

Again, I'm, not an Expert and I am just trying to help

Best Regards,

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys I have a question. Is there a chance that I will be approve for OWP while I have my student permit? my permit will expire in 2017. Thanks

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Hey, I have two questions about this...

I will be applying for permanent residency in the next month or so.
I'm currently on a post-graduation work permit (I was here studying under a study permit, and now have a graduation work permit) that expires in July 2016.

1) I should send in the IMM5710 form, with payment, with my PR application right?

2) Do I just include the form and payment with all the other forms for the PR application? SeparatE?!

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
Just a stupid question, does CIC request passport for owp?

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
superman2012 said:
Hi guys I have a question. Is there a chance that I will be approve for OWP while I have my student permit? my permit will expire in 2017. Thanks
Hi,

Are you being sponsored for your spouse or common-law partner? If so, You can apply for the Open Work permit once you have applied for the Permanent Residence.

Rgds,

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
olololox said:

I'm currently on a post-graduation work permit (I was here studying under a study permit, and now have a graduation work permit) that expires in July 2016.

1) I should send in the IMM5710 form, with payment, with my PR application right?

2) Do I just include the form and payment with all the other forms for the PR application? SeparatE?!
Hi,

When you apply for your PR, you can also apply for the Open Work Permit application (The entire package not just the form and the payment)

You must include both application separate in different folders but in the same envelope with the propitiate fees ($255 for the Open Work permit)

Rgds,

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
Gussy24 said:
Just a stupid question, does CIC request passport for owp?
I think you should have one, in order to prove you have a legal status in Canada. (I think there are some exceptions regarding which document you need in order to get into the country) but I think that as long as you can prove that you have a legal status and the date on which you entered to the country you are fine.

I'm not an expert but I think that is the way it works.

Rgds,

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Duch said:
Hi,

When you apply for your PR, you can also apply for the Open Work Permit application (The entire package not just the form and the payment)

You must include both application separate in different folders but in the same envelope with the propitiate fees ($255 for the Open Work permit)

Rgds,
Awesome, thanks for the reply. And the processing time for the OWP seems to be on average around 4 months?

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi. I also have almost the same question as you are
We are applying by inland this December 2nd week and I just want to ask if I am still get that one year pilot program?? We will get married on November 21 in Calgary so we will wait for our marriage certificate before applying. So most probably by December 14 we will send our application

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
Duch said:
I think you should have one, in order to prove you have a legal status in Canada. (I think there are some exceptions regarding which document you need in order to get into the country) but I think that as long as you can prove that you have a legal status and the date on which you entered to the country you are fine.

I'm not an expert but I think that is the way it works.

Rgds,
Thanks for the response but that wasn't actually what I was asking. Just to expand, does CIC send you a request for you to submit your passport and put the permit in it or do they just mail the permit to you?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Gussy24 said:
Thanks for the response but that wasn't actually what I was asking. Just to expand, does CIC send you a request for you to submit your passport and put the permit in it or do they just mail the permit to you?
The mail the permit to you, snail mail. You don't have to send your whole passport, for PR app you need only the page with the picture and pages with visas and stamps

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
olololox said:

I am on the same timeline with you, I am planning to send in on around 20 in Oct...
Did you get your Canadian criminal record check done? That's the only thing I'm missing.. apart from upfront medical...