Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Bangkokcanuck said:
Trying buying Milk, yeah good old fashioned COW Milk... you can get Soy Milk, Peanut Milk, Corn Milk, Goat Milk, seriously just about anything on the planet they put it in a bottle and call it Milk... and over here those damn UHT things are so popular.. I don't want my Milk from a cardboard box sitting on a shelf, it needs to be in a carton in the fridge section of the store... *sigh*
Haha, my husband had fits the first time I bought the UHT milk and brought it home. I stopped buying fresh milk for the longest time because I didn't have a refrigerator that could store it properly, so it was just money down the drain to buy it. Now we have a proper fridge again, we can have "real" milk in the fridge when he's here. It comes in a plastic jug though, not a carton, you'd be asking for trouble storing it in those in a tropical country. They used to sell it like that when I was a child, but after hurricanes and massive spoilages, they took to plastic jugs. Mind you, hubby has bought the UHT cartons now, so I expect he's adjusting, LOL.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Bangkokcanuck said:
Or how about KFC, people look at me like an Alien when I ask for a "breast" sorry don't have that here, you must ask for a Keel if you want the breast of the Chicken...
In Nigeria, if you want the thigh of the chicken, you ask for the 'lap'. The first time I saw 'chicken laps' on a menu, I laughingly pointed it out to my husband, thinking it was a mistake. Nope, it is what they call it there.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
CharlieD10 said:
Haha, my husband had fits the first time I bought the UHT milk and brought it home. I stopped buying fresh milk for the longest time because I didn't have a refrigerator that could store it properly, so it was just money down the drain to buy it. Now we have a proper fridge again, we can have "real" milk in the fridge when he's here. It comes in a plastic jug though, not a carton, you'd be asking for trouble storing it in those in a tropical country. They used to sell it like that when I was a child, but after hurricanes and massive spoilages, they took to plastic jugs. Mind you, hubby has bought the UHT cartons now, so I expect he's adjusting, LOL.
yeah it is in plastic jugs here too, I am just stuck with the terminology of calling it a "carton" that UHT stuff just makes me uneasy.. of course that is all my wife had ever known, needless to say she does not buy it anymore.. like night and day she tells me.

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
CharlieD10, why didn't you have a fridge?? I'm just curious.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Iamrobot85 said:
CharlieD10, why didn't you have a fridge?? I'm just curious.
The apartment I had came with a fridge (that's not standard furnishing here in Jamaica) and when it broke down the landlord gave me one of those tiny ones as a "temporary measure" until the regular one was fixed. Well, "temporary" became a year and more until he ran out of excuses and flat out decided he wasn't going to replace it. The tiny one really never got very cold, so it didn't store things like milk and meats properly. Long story short, I got tired of his BS, which only got worse when my husband moved in, so we moved and now we have a different place, with a fridge that actually freezes things and keeps milk properly cold. :D

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I am on a mission to teach all canadians how to speak English :)

Like we get paid once a fortnight.... not every 2 weeks and we park our car in a car park.....not the parking lot. Still the best of all is the fanny pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!......yikes that was a hard one for me to understand and I still cringe when someone calls it that now. For you non Brits.....a fanny in the UK is NOT the bum.....think the other way around.... ;D

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
angelbrat said:

Like we get paid once a fortnight.... not every 2 weeks and we park our car in a car park.....not the parking lot. Still the best of all is the fanny pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!......yikes that was a hard one for me to understand and I still cringe when someone calls it that now. For you non Brits.....a fanny in the UK is NOT the bum.....think the other way around.... ;D
Can u also teach a few to avoid, 'like'...'like'...like'..... ;) just kidding!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
angelbrat said:
Still the best of all is the fanny pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!......yikes that was a hard one for me to understand and I still cringe when someone calls it that now. For you non Brits.....a fanny in the UK is NOT the bum.....think the other way around.... ;D
Yeah, I had no idea it meant that in British English until I started working with several people from the UK, Ireland, and South Africa. I've asked around - no one I know in Canada knows it means that in British English. (Well, they do now.)
One Irish friend was mystified when the running handbook she purchased suggested she buy a 'fanny pack'. She couldn't figure out where exactly you were supposed to put it.

hopetoland

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2011
hi,

i will say what i´m gonna go to miss.

1. GERMAN BEER, yummi
2. GERMAN BREAD, the best in the world
3. GERMAN SAUSAGE, mmmhhh
4. GERMAN SAUERKRAUT, delicious
5. GERMAN MILKA CHOCOLATE, Hersheys not comparable

omg, by reading this i should stay at home!!!! No can´t wait to move and have a proper canadian steak.

i´m hungry now, damn

bye

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
angelbrat said:

You know what, when someone said ' FANNY PACK ' to me I almost choked with laughing , we were in stiches for ages , what a dirty word LOL , and havnt heard fortnight for a long time .

Laters taters lol

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
eyeoftheocean said:
You know what, when someone said ' FANNY PACK ' to me I almost choked with laughing , we were in stiches for ages , what a dirty word LOL , and havnt heard fortnight for a long time .

Laters taters lol

ha...now you are telling porkies..... :D

clayrview

Jun 18, 2011
Tell me about it...
When my partners parents visited us from England here in Vietnam, I couldn't wait to buy them some "Fanny's Ice cream", which is the most popular brand of ice cream here!

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
eyeoftheocean said:

Laters taters lol
Ok I'll bite, what's wrong/rude about "fanny pack" Fanny is a cute slang word for your butt and a pack is well a pack.. what pray tell does it mean in England? Which I realize means nothing as it means what it is intended to in Canada... but I am curious how bad it could possibly be when taken out of context by a non Canadian.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Fanny in England is the slang name for a womens magic place ! so when us English here a Canadian say this word, its rather embarrassing to say the least so we laugh with embarrassment , To the Canadians who have no idea what this word means wont affect there thoughts in the slightest lol