+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Week old baby....Can I apply FSW1?

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Great forum guys..I can not think of better place to get the guidance than this.

I just had a baby week back and now planning to apply for FSW1 ASAP. I do not have baby's birth certificate as well as SSN. In this situation how should I complete the form?

Please guide me on this.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TarunVerma said:
Great forum guys..I can not think of better place to get the guidance than this.

I just had a baby week back and now planning to apply for FSW1 ASAP. I do not have baby's birth certificate as well as SSN. In this situation how should I complete the form?

Please guide me on this.
Hi,

First of all Congratulations for the Baby, God Bless the Baby. Just remember that whatever facts you write in the application form you have to prove it with documents later on. So, I think you should wait for the birth certificate of the Baby just like other formalities to fill up the application form.

This is my opinion, let the seniors' views on the issue.

Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro

Star Member
May 14, 2009
TarunVerma said:

Please guide me on this.
Of course there are other places where you get better immigration advice. But yes TarunVerma is right, no such documents are required at the application stage. Have you been on www.cic.gc.ca ? It tell you whats required and at which stage. Good luck and congratulations on having a baby.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks Guys. Now when I fill the PR application, it asks for Family member details. I can put down everything about my baby but Passport & identity card number. Should I keep thse fields blank for now becasue getting both these details will at least take couple of months?

Please let me know if I do so, my application will be accepted or not.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear TarunVerma
Congratulations for having a baby.

Look, consideration for any case depends on the CIC. You may fill up your form keeping blank of certain portion. I think there are two options that CIC may do after receiving your application :

They may start processing your application & ask the documents where you can provide your baby's full information. or

They may return your application & ask you to send with full information. They always return incomplete application.

My suggestion is apply immediately, because CIC is going to change their rule again. If they process your application at the first time receipt you may get an advantage of early processing.

Send an explation of your baby's incomplete information,i.e, passport number (you can mention birth date of your baby). Actually it is very difficult to take a photograph of a newborn for passport.

Sooner is the better.

Good luck.

SYED