02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
rjessome said:
Which leads to my next piece of advice, find a hobby or go work out doing something you enjoy other than immigration so you can have something in your life that helps alleviate the stress and makes you happy.

YES! when it is out of your hands, let it be out of your hands... there's nothing you can do to make it go faster or control it... enjoy your life and don't let immigration become your life... your husband and you survived before you submitted that form and you will continue to survive afterwards... enjoy your wait, plan, get excited, get your ducks in line, take a hobby, spend time with friends/family who you wont see much after the other half arrives ;) Real life together begins once your other half gets here and you need to be prepared for that beginning rather than just focused on the end of the wait! (this obviously applies more to those who are separated :) )

chess101

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-10
AOR Received.
07-10-10
File Transfer...
10-09-10
Med's Request
Done Before
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 07
I don't think you need a lawyer. I think unless your situation is really complicated, you don't need one. Just follow the instructions!
I agree though for the US , order federal and state records, that's what we did, it's better to send both at once.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sending in the application is like a being a pregnant mouse, eventually giving birth to a baby elephant.

You know it is "nearly there" (for months on end),
it is very painful to actually get it delivered,
and you are really happy when it is finally done......

After all that effort - have a rest from the process ;D

chess101

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-10
AOR Received.
07-10-10
File Transfer...
10-09-10
Med's Request
Done Before
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 07
Baloo said:
Sending in the application is like a being a pregnant mouse, eventually giving birth to a baby elephant.

You know it is "nearly there" (for months on end),
it is very painful to actually get it delivered,
and you are really happy when it is finally done......

After all that effort - have a rest from the process ;D
But then you wait in blindness, so it's like a blind mouse!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
My pieces of advice would be:
1. Have faith in your relationship. If you are genuine it will show.
2. Don't over obsess about other problems people have occurred with. It will only make you stress about yours.
3. Unless you are literally given something to worry about then there is no reason to worry. (Hubby's advice)
4. Take the proof that people include with their application an inspiration for yours but don't use it as an absolute guideline.
No relationship is the same.
5. Take care of yourself during the process. It is okay to not think about immigration for a day and enjoy yourself.
6. Have a good sense of humor about this process or it will eat your alive.
7. Like others have said, try to find a hobby.
8. Study, read, and learn.
9. Don't send off the application unless it is complete and you feel comfortable with it.
10. Be open to making friends on here, they will keep you strong.
11. Try not to get envious when people get news before you, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with yours
12. Once it is sent off try not to worry and trust in the IO even though thats easier said than done.
13. Make a copy of your application and receipts.
14. Get tracking on the application.
15. But most importantly just stay strong. You can make it through it. You're never alone. :-*

Sorry for listing so many. I got out of hand with it. Lol.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Love_Young said:
2. Don't over obsess about other problems people have occurred with. It will only make you stress about yours.
3. Unless you are literally given something to worry about then there is no reason to worry. (Hubby's advice)
4. Take the proof that people include with their application an inspiration for yours but don't use it as an absolute guideline.
5. Take care of yourself during the process. It is okay to not think about immigration for a day and enjoy yourself.
9. Don't send off the application unless it is complete and you feel comfortable with it.
11. Try not to get envious when people get news before you, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with yours
12. Once it is sent off try not to worry and trust in the IO even though thats easier said than done.
15. But most importantly just stay strong. You can make it through it. You're never alone. :-*

+1

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
I think it's really good advice to look at your application objectively. It's hard to do though since it is such a big part of your life. That's why a consultant or a lawyer is good. At least it's someone to look objectively at your application before you send it off. And usually they know the little things about the offices like whether or not they prefer 6 pages of IMs or 60, things like that.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with the suggestions on here. And I think Love_Young's note about making a copy of your application is particularly important. If your whole application or certain parts of your application gets "lost" along the way in the mail or by immigration, it is your only way to avoid doing all the work again. I actually made two copies and have one stored in our home and one stored in someone else's home, as an off-site back-up. I hated using all that paper, but didn't have the time to scan every page, and I knew having two copies in two separate locations would make me feel much more relaxed during the waiting months.

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Love_Young said:

+1 as well!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
QCSunshine said:
I agree with the suggestions on here. And I think Love_Young's note about making a copy of your application is particularly important. If your whole application or certain parts of your application gets "lost" along the way in the mail or by immigration, it is your only way to avoid doing all the work again. I actually made two copies and have one stored in our home and one stored in someone else's home, as an off-site back-up. I hated using all that paper, but didn't have the time to scan every page, and I knew having two copies in two separate locations would make me feel much more relaxed during the waiting months.
Yeah but if your anything like me, its hard not to look at it during the wait wondering if you filled it out right. Lol.
I got mine in a box with the rest of the immigration stuff. I wasn't able to make a copy of all the evidence we included (I still have all that with me anyway) but I manage to make copies of the actual application forms themselves, receipt for application, receipt for medical, copy of envelope I put PR pictures in, and police clearances.

JustandDaph said:
+1 as well!
Aww thank you! :-* I appreciate it!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
QCSunshine said:
Making a copy is a good point. I put the application together here in Canada while my husband was in Africa. I copied the entire application and sent it to him, and he studied every single page of it (640 pages!) in the 7 weeks leading up to his interview. He wanted to make sure he knew every piece of information the IO knew about us, so that included which emails I sent, which facebook screen captures etc.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
bobshynoswife said:
(640 pages!)
You glorious, magnificent woman <3 Someone should make you President of the World or something :D

As for advice - read the OP manual. Then read it again. Even things that don't concern you, just to get the hang of it. Then go through all the forms and see if things are starting to make sense. If not, read the manual again :D Double-check for signatures, make copies of everything, and try your best to help others going through the same process.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Don't procrastinate. I did that and my process has not even begun yet. It took 10 months just to get the paperwork together for us.