+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Once LMO had been received...

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Can anyone tell me what I do once the LMO comes back? I am trying to get all of my stuff in order as the LMO should be back at the end of this month.
I currently have two jobs. Am I able to give them a two weeks notice? I also need to make sure my travel arrangements are in order and all of that. I am just curious as to if I have time to have everything together or if I have to sort of just drop everything and go?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An LMO is valid for 6 months from the date of issuance, so you don't have to worry about that too much. However, your employer should have discussed a start date with you, so that date will direct how much time you really have to make arrangements for a work permit (if you're visa exempt, you can apply for it at the border; if not, you'll have to apply at the Canadian embassy in your country) and arrive in Canada.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Awesome thanks that is what I needed to know! My employer and I have worked out that I can come whenever, I just didn't know if there was anything on the LMO that required me to be up right away. And I will be applying for the work permit at the port of entry as my employer is needing me right away.

Layman

Oct 16, 2012
Thank you Amira_mais.

Bit by bit of information we start seeing the bigger picture about how to proceed when looking to make the move to Canada as a TFW. God bless.

Geez .. I wonder ... how does one become a "hero" member in this forum???

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Layman said:
Thank you Amira_mais.

Bit by bit of information we start seeing the bigger picture about how to proceed when looking to make the move to Canada as a TFW. God bless.

Geez .. I wonder ... how does one become a "hero" member in this forum???
You're welcome.

As to "hero" status, you need x number of posts - maybe 100? Not really sure.