+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
I think if you were nominated through a stream that doesn't require a job offer than -no- Cic would not require a job offer either.

However, Cic holds ultimate discretion over who receives Permanent Residency and before they can grant PR they (Cic) must be satisfied that the applicant can:

A) economically establish and
B) will stay in the nominating province

So, obviously having a job offer within the nominating province is certainly better than not having a job offer. Having a job lined-up will go a long way in convincing an officer that you're capable of economically establishing and that you'll stay in the nominating province.

hebyx

Feb 19, 2014
Felt upset when saw this msg.

Plz update if any feedback?

moonbow2010 said:
My friend got this weird email from CIC after submitting his passport.

He is an Ontario Nominee-Master without job offer. This email was sent on Canada Day. Does anyone have any ideas?

***********************************************************************************************************
Our office has received your original passport. We regret to inform you that your passport was requested prematurely and is being returned because further verifications must be conducted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada before a final decision is rendered on your application for permanent residence.

In order to continue with the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide us with the documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

·
The job offer from your prospective employer indicating your occupation title and wage for the full-time, permanent position being offered.

·
A copy of your curriculum vitae.

·
If you are currently employed in Canada, provide proof of employment (e.g., Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment and CRA T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid).

·
Proof of membership and/or registration in regulated occupations if you intend to work in an occupation that requires registration or certification in Ontario.

·
Reference letters showing at least 2 years of experience in the previous 5 years for your intended occupation for both work done outside or inside of Canada.

·
Proof of education including transcripts.

kvishesh

Jul 8, 2014
:-\ .. even i got the same email asking me to provide these things.
I'm thoroughly confused and have no idea what should be my reply.
I do not have a job offer as the idea was to get the PNP visa and then move to canada and search for a job there?
My Med etc. is all done and i have even paid for the RPRF.

any idea how to tackle or respond to this?

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
My friend also applied for this stream and he is a fresh graduate with no job experience.

Are your guys working right now? Did you declare that you have more than two years of work experiences in your PR applications?

We are worrying and just want to be prepared for this. Thank you very much for your information.

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
karenv said:
My friend also applied for this stream and he is a fresh graduate with no job experience.

Are your guys working right now? Did you declare that you have more than two years of work experiences in your PR applications?

We are worrying and just want to be prepared for this. Thank you very much for your information.
As far as I can remember when I applied in 2012, there was no requirement/ask of 2 years of work exp. however i was already working and provided the details as requested in the background info disclosure document.

i had applied under Ontario PNP International masters graduate stream.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
GT1234 said:
As far as I can remember when I applied in 2012, there was no requirement/ask of 2 years of work exp. however i was already working and provided the details as requested in the background info disclosure document.

i had applied under Ontario PNP International masters graduate stream.
Thanks GT1234. So these requirements do not create any difficulties for you then. It just takes time and troublesome to do it. Wish you all the best!

Just wonder if anyone was required to submit these reference letters when the applicant had already declared "no experience" in his application?

rreebb

Jul 8, 2014
yingying1202000 said:
I got the same email last night, dont know what to do right now...
Same here, I got this email last night around 11 pm! Seems like CIC sent out lots of 'Additional Information Request' emails last night!!!

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
rreebb said:
Same here, I got this email last night around 11 pm! Seems like CIC sent out lots of 'Additional Information Request' emails last night!!!
I checked other forums and there is something wrong with CIC.. they are asking people those who are not inland applicant also ... so something wrong

rreebb

Jul 8, 2014
taurus1985 said:
I checked other forums and there is something wrong with CIC.. they are asking people those who are not inland applicant also ... so something wrong
That's comforting :)

And I have checked the ON PNP Skilled Worker Stream requirements on Opportunities Ontario website. The wordings are almost identical! (At least two years of work experience within the previous five years in the intended occupation....... Proof of membership and/or registration in regulated occupations if you intend to work in an occupation that requires registration or certification in Ontario....)

I think the CIC PNP Officer must have made a mistake and mixed our PNP Master Stream with this program!

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
rreebb said:
That's comforting :)

And I have checked the ON PNP Skilled Worker Stream requirements on Opportunities Ontario website. The wordings are almost identical! (At least two years of work experience within the previous five years in the intended occupation....... Proof of membership and/or registration in regulated occupations if you intend to work in an occupation that requires registration or certification in Ontario....)

I think the CIC PNP Officer must have made a mistake and mixed our PNP Master Stream with this program!
Thats what I m thinking .. who knows if they have some new officer at work

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
I urge you to reply to them asking about clarifying the need for these documents as these are not required in International masters graduate stream...I along with few people have already done so, at least we would come to know if this is the new requirement for Ontario PNP or if this was an error.

rreebb

Jul 8, 2014
GT1234 said:
I urge you to reply to them asking about clarifying the need for these documents as these are not required in International masters graduate stream...I along with few people have already done so, at least we would come to know if this is the new requirement for Ontario PNP or if this was an error.
One of my friend in the same situation had called ON PNP yesterday, and seems like they have already received lots of complaints. And they asked us to send emails containing our ON PNP File Number, so they can contact CIC later.

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
send email to CIC or them? I was told by both the agents that they don't know anything nor do they have any access to file details.