+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On a work permit, wish to bring my fiance to canada.

Dally

Oct 16, 2006
Hi there,

I was an international student on a Study Permit in Ontario. I graduated and currently am on a Post Graduate Work Permit till June 2007. On the side, I have also put in my papers in for Landed Immigration status and have got my file number in July and am awaiting the medicals. Now here's my dilemma, I have a girlfriend and she lives in Russia and I want her to come and live with me. Is there anyway I could do so? What if we get married, will my chances of getting her to Canada be better?

It would be great if someone could provide some information or solutions to my dilemma. I really miss her so much and I want her to be with me.

Thanks!

godbless

Jan 31, 2007
I am in the same problem dude. I am on a work permit too after completing my education. My wife is in India and she has unsuccessfully tried the visitor visa tp Canada twice. Donno what to do. Let me know if you were able to find any advise.

eria

Jan 22, 2007
did dhe applied for visit visa by her own? if not then i think this is the better way to get her in else she will not be getting visa even after you got married with her because of your status in canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi there, there is only one way to get your girlfriend in canada and that is by getting married to her, and then apply for spouse dependent visa on behalf of her. If she gets the Spouse dependent visa then she will be on Work permit and can work full time.
You are responding to a post that is over a decade old.