+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

10doughnuts

Sep 3, 2015
Thank you Eagle.

VO is MANILA.

SENT in February and In process since June.

Where can I see the bring forward date in the notes? Cant seem to find it.

Eagle333 said:
Hi 10doughnuts,

Do you mind sharing your timeline too and your VO as I am also doing some observations. Usually due dates are there to set up a limit of when that stage should be finished. Sometime they go beyond those dates. You can also check your Bring Forward Date to see which date they will open your file again. So far your Eligibility has no problem that is why the officer who worked on it he Recommend Pass, however your file went back in queue waiting a final review on eligibility from a decision making officer who decide after final review with a pass then you will see Eligibility: pass after that final review.

All the best and relax.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
Turbo2000 said:
Hi benitaagogo,

Do you know if this person had any additional doc request before the interview e-mail ?
Sorry I don't, he didn't mention it on his posts, but there are many other applicants' that never required for additional documents also received the interview letter recently (October November December 2014 applicants ) their status always shows two lines

Application received:
We have received _______ Permanent Residence Application on (dates)
Medical Results have been received

Then all of them got IP early this month and got the interview letter, their ecas show the IP dates as well.

In Process

We have received _______ Permanent Residence Application (dates)
We started processing ________ Permanent Residence Application on (few days before AOR2)

From the cases of my VO, even the applicants' ecas shows Medical results have been received they still got the interview emails, none of them have been to the interview yet so I'm not sure what was the concern of the officers, but it seems like the doubts of genuine of relationship has more possibilities than the security concerns.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015 CIC Receive: April 22,2015
AOR Received.
May 13,2015 SA: June 12, 2015
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
July 13,2015 PP Receive July 20,2015 (status change to IP Sept. 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: January 28,2016
Thank you Eagle for sharing that useful information.

I was wondering if you can look at my timeline and sharing your opinion if we are in the old in process or new in process, our visa office is in Manila:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 22, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on June 22, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

It change to in process on September 5, 2015. They have requested my wife passport and advisory of marriage on July 13, 2015 which it was receive on July 20th, 2015.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Eagle333 said:
Good Day Folks,

I am starting this thread just to bring more light between the OLD IN PROCESS and the NEW IN PROCESS on Ecas.

APPLICATION RECEIVED:

This status on Ecas used to appear when the VO was checking the application fees were paid, All sponsorship forms were dated and signed, all the supporting documents were present ( If not, they could request any missing document) at this stage they used to check the qualitative of your file. Usually the Officer who received people's files when they came fresh from CPC Ontario will do everything we just mentioned above and put a 3 months BFD on your file to be reviewed by another officer and placed it in a queue, Then send AOR2. some VO did not even send AOR2. After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED. The first thing that officer will do is to work on Eligibility between the SPONSOR and PA. The officer will pay close attention on age differences, religious background if the relationship is ongoing, no red flag, or fake documentation, the officer will check if the quantitative and qualitative of docs you sent. If you happened to order your GCMS at this point you will see ELIGIBILITY: IN PROGRESS, and Ecas would displayed

We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

Even if medicals were done at this point, lots of people's applications back then did not displayed Medical Received at this stage on Ecas. when the officer approved your Eligibility at this point, your Ecas would show IN PROCESS and if your were to order your GCMS Notes would then show ELIGIBILITY: PASS. It is a sign that there would not be an interview. the case was not over yet.

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
We started processing JON DOE'S Permanent Residence Application on 01.03.2000

At this point the officer will request SECURITY checks and CRIMINALITY checks to other government offices who are responsible to do so. at this point no matter how long your file would take it was not the VO's fault neither yours but CSIS. Just to add flesh to the bone, let's say you requested your GCMS 4 months after your application went IN PROCESS, you might see at any page pertaining to SECURITY/CRIMINALITY would have S.15 (1) or S.19 (1) on the right top corner. Sometimes CRIMINALITY Checks may come back quickly and the officer would updated your file and keep waiting for Security.Then your GCMS will show.

Eligibility: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Medicals : Pass

Sometimes they may hid Security Checks even if it is finished according to Subscription 15 (1) for international affaires and defense. If the RPRF is not paid and the officer did not want to extend your Medicals if they were expired, he/she will issue a request for those document, even PPR. Some people reported seeing on GCMS Notes

Security : Pass
Medical : In progress or Pass

DECISION MADE:We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Decision has been made on your application and the office will contact you in writing about this decision

At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done.

Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure. Things have changed so much and will keep changing.

The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck
Great job , picture now is more clear
Time line ******
App. Filed.......: 26-03-2015
AOR Received.: 28-04-2015
File Transfer...: 19-05-2015
Med's Done....: 14-11-2014
In Process ...... 15-07-2015
I have sent an email to the VO enquiring about my application and I got this reply
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please be advised that your file is in the queue for review ,,,,

what does that mean , is it old or new in process ?

Gagan Kharor

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Chandigarh -New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-Nov-2017
Eagle333 said:
Good Day Folks,

I am starting this thread just to bring more light between the OLD IN PROCESS and the NEW IN PROCESS on Ecas.

APPLICATION RECEIVED:

This status on Ecas used to appear when the VO was checking the application fees were paid, All sponsorship forms were dated and signed, all the supporting documents were present ( If not, they could request any missing document) at this stage they used to check the qualitative of your file. Usually the Officer who received people's files when they came fresh from CPC Ontario will do everything we just mentioned above and put a 3 months BFD on your file to be reviewed by another officer and placed it in a queue, Then send AOR2. some VO did not even send AOR2. After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED. The first thing that officer will do is to work on Eligibility between the SPONSOR and PA. The officer will pay close attention on age differences, religious background if the relationship is ongoing, no red flag, or fake documentation, the officer will check if the quantitative and qualitative of docs you sent. If you happened to order your GCMS at this point you will see ELIGIBILITY: IN PROGRESS, and Ecas would displayed

We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

Even if medicals were done at this point, lots of people's applications back then did not displayed Medical Received at this stage on Ecas. when the officer approved your Eligibility at this point, your Ecas would show IN PROCESS and if your were to order your GCMS Notes would then show ELIGIBILITY: PASS. It is a sign that there would not be an interview. the case was not over yet.

At this point the officer will request SECURITY checks and CRIMINALITY checks to other government offices who are responsible to do so. at this point no matter how long your file would take it was not the VO's fault neither yours but CSIS. Just to add flesh to the bone, let's say you requested your GCMS 4 months after your application went IN PROCESS, you might see at any page pertaining to SECURITY/CRIMINALITY would have S.15 (1) or S.19 (1) on the right top corner. Sometimes CRIMINALITY Checks may come back quickly and the officer would updated your file and keep waiting for Security.Then your GCMS will show.

Medicals : Pass

Sometimes they may hid Security Checks even if it is finished according to Subscription 15 (1) for international affaires and defense. If the RPRF is not paid and the officer did not want to extend your Medicals if they were expired, he/she will issue a request for those document, even PPR. Some people reported seeing on GCMS Notes

Security : Pass
Medical : In progress or Pass

DECISION MADE:We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Decision has been made on your application and the office will contact you in writing about this decision

At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done.

Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure. Things have changed so much and will keep changing.

The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck
My Visa Office New Delhi
My Timeline is
Application Received (CPC Missi) 15-Dec-2014
Aor-1: 04-Mar-2015
SA : 06-Mar-2015
Aor-2: 10-Apr- 2015
Upfront Medical :30-Oct-2014 Valid upto 30-Oct-2015

E-case Status Changed AR/MR to In Process on 09-Oct-2015.

Now my ecase status show
We Received Application on 15-Dec-2015,
Medical Results have been Received.
We started processing on your application on 08-apr-2015.

My question is that my case in Old In-Process or New In- Process & Eligibilty pass or not.

Someone Please tell me.

SAID MISKIN

Apr 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear freinds,
It is my great pleasure to see this forum.

i would like to request GCMS notes, can you please support me on this.

if so please advice and give points to follow?
How many days will it take to recieve the response?
What are the major areas that is GCMS notes can help?

Thanks in advance

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAID MISKIN said:
Dear freinds,

Thanks in advance
HI SAID,

When you get your GCMS check the ASSESSMENT Area you will find 4 things that you need to check out:

Eligibility should say: Pass
Criminality: Not started/ Pass / blank
Security: Not started/ Pass/ Blank ( For security 80% even if it is done they always leave it blank)
Medical should said: Pass

Then scroll down to the Note sections so that you can read the comments wrote by Immigration Officers about your file.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gagan Kharor said:
My Visa Office New Delhi
My Timeline is
Application Received (CPC Missi) 15-Dec-2014
Aor-1: 04-Mar-2015
SA : 06-Mar-2015
Aor-2: 10-Apr- 2015
Upfront Medical :30-Oct-2014 Valid upto 30-Oct-2015

E-case Status Changed AR/MR to In Process on 09-Oct-2015.

Now my ecase status show
We Received Application on 15-Dec-2015,
Medical Results have been Received.
We started processing on your application on 08-apr-2015.

My question is that my case in Old In-Process or New In- Process & Eligibilty pass or not.

Someone Please tell me.
This is the old process but order your GCMS soon to have a better idea of where your VO is heading with your file.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyo9000 said:
Thank you Eagle for sharing that useful information.

I was wondering if you can look at my timeline and sharing your opinion if we are in the old in process or new in process, our visa office is in Manila:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 22, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on June 22, 2015.

It change to in process on September 5, 2015. They have requested my wife passport and advisory of marriage on July 13, 2015 which it was receive on July 20th, 2015.
You should be in background checks and let your case mature a little bit you will hear something good soon.

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
SAID MISKIN said:
Dear freinds,

Thanks in advance

Use this url for more information : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

On the above url,

1) Choose Apply Online and 2) Click on Apply online again
3) Select English and you will be redirected to a page where it has faqs.
4) At the end of the page,
5) Click next
6) Check the box I have read, understood and agree with the above Privacy
7) Notice and Click Continue
Cool Select Citizenship and Immigration Canada option under *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request dropdown
Your relative will need to fill out the information as asked on that page. Click Continue
9) Select Access to Information under *What type of information are you requesting? dropdown
Select Case files under *Which type of records do you wish to request? dropdown
10) You will need to fill out your information. Select Notes in Electronic File under *What type of information would you like to request?
Under File Type, Select Immigration file : Permanent Residence. Click Continue
11) You will need to fill out a consent form. This form is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf , Print the form and fill out the information. you and spouse must sign mandatory if you are married. Also make sure you include your relatives information. Once signed and filled out. Scan and Attach the copy. Click Continue
12) You will get to the screen where you need to validate the information you provided
Check the box I certify that the information provided is true and wish to submit this request. and Click Continue. You will leave the government web site and will be redirected to a secure and trusted third party web site (E-xact Transactions Ltd.) where your payment will be processed. Your name, credit card number, credit card expiry date, credit card security code (CVV2) will be collected in order to process your payment. after you submit your request, an acknowledgement e-mail, along with a copy of your payment receipt, will be sent directly to the e-mail address provided .

Hope this helps

Air Force 5

Oct 10, 2015
Eagle333 do you know who does the background checks? Any idea at all? I am stuck in the background checks from April 17 to now. we received an email today that our file is under background Checks. Here is my timeline:

We received Airforce 5's application on January 02, 2015
We started processing Airforce 5's application on April 17,2015
Medical results have been received

I know I am in the old processing since the new one started in June this year.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Eagle333 said:
You should be in background checks and let your case mature a little bit you will hear something good soon.
Thank you Eagle333 for all your support and information, most of the candidates does not have 3 line who qualify on new process, and who applied applied after june 2015

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 22, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on September 22, 2015.

JUST THE ABOVE TWO LINES BUT NOT MEDICAL LINE

so the main concern for the applicants are that if they have submitted upfront medical why is it not mentioned on ecase, since some one mentioned that medical is together with criminality check which does not make sense.

second and most important part is eligibility passed for the above case...
and do they pass it during the sponsorship review because most of the applicants gets in process right at second acknowledgement from VO (AOR2)

Regards,

ahmedwaqas

Jul 21, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th may 2015
AOR Received.
10th july 2015
File Transfer...
14th july 2015
Med's Request
no need
Med's Done....
1st april 2015
Interview........
09/02/2016 abu dhabi uae
Passport Req..
take my passport on interview
VISA ISSUED...
10/02/2016
LANDED..........
24/03/2016
Eagle333 said:
Based on the old and new GCMS notes, CIC website page on different stages of PR Application, and people Testimonies about their applications process.
eagle please tell me what thay cheek in background cheek can you explane this please what things thay have to cheek i am working here in uae dubai from 4 years before i was in pakistan i give both countries police/c so from where thay cheek and what that cheek thanks

mariahvais

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
We received your application for permanent residence on March 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 2, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

so eagle what do you think friend?