+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OK, I've seen enough

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, it looks like whenever I post threads/comments about the inherent hypocrisy of some jingoistic Canadians on this forum, I get several thumbs downs and my thread always disappears. Today was an all-new record. It only took 5 minutes for me to get 3 more negative ratings and have my thread deleted. Well, I won't be wasting my time posting on this particular topic again. I've seen enough and I see this as Canadians not being able to handle the truth.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi said about TFW program.

"“To treat people like commodities that come here for two years and serve us our coffee in the mornings, I don't think is a particularly Canadian attribute,” Nenshi said.

“And I think we have to figure out ways to let people in and give them a path to citizenship and continue to live dignified lives, regardless of the job they do.”

A lot of people actually share your sentiments.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more thing that I feel is worth mentioning about myself, is that I have no jingoisms about my own country either. Everything I say about policies on Canadian immigration should apply to my own country as well as many others worldwide. I see people as people and nothing more. Everyone has the same inalienable rights in my eyes.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny12345 said:
This is what Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi said about TFW program.

"“To treat people like commodities that come here for two years and serve us our coffee in the mornings, I don't think is a particularly Canadian attribute,” Nenshi said.

“And I think we have to figure out ways to let people in and give them a path to citizenship and continue to live dignified lives, regardless of the job they do.”

A lot of people actually share your sentiments.
Sorry, I didn't see this comment when I posted my comment below at the exact same time. Well, I want to comment on your post. I don't think that Nenshi counts, seeing that his parents were immigrants. All these blowhard, borderline-Republican xenophobes out there (whose ancestors have been in Canada for many generations) most likely don't give a flying toss what he thinks about how "un-Canadian" everyone is being right now. By the way, I'm not referring to the First Nations nor Inuit when referring to these multi-generation blowhards. Speaking of which, I wonder what the First Nations and Inuit think about foreign workers in Canada? Do they welcome us with open arms, do they hate us, or are they just apathetic or indifferent? I've noticed that a lot of foreigners tend to become irrationally racist against them as they become "Canadianized". Maybe they're opposed to TFWs and new immigrants because of this. Maybe.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There were survey results released in the last year or year and a half (wish I could find the link) that asked the "should immigration / foreign worker rules be tightened" question and then split the responses between those who were born in Canada and those who were PRs / Canadian citizens through immigration. Interestingly the PR / immigrant group came out more strongly opposed to immigration and more in favour of tighter immigration rules than the Canadian born group. Not sure what to make of that - but thought it was interesting.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
There were survey results released in the last year or year and a half (wish I could find the link) that asked the "should immigration / foreign worker rules be tightened" question and then split the responses between those who were born in Canada and those who were PRs / Canadian citizens through immigration. Interestingly the PR / immigrant group came out more strongly opposed to immigration and more in favour of tighter immigration rules than the Canadian born group. Not sure what to make of that - but thought it was interesting.
Personally, I think that's screwed up on so many levels. So immigrants pretty much want immigration policies to stay immigrant-friendly while they're becoming permanent residents/ citizens, but they want the door shut on everyone else immediately after they finish the immigration process. Wow, how selfish can people get?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
stopDA said:
Personally, I think that's screwed up on so many levels. So immigrants pretty much want immigration policies to stay immigrant-friendly while they're becoming permanent residents/ citizens, but they want the door shut on everyone else immediately after they finish the immigration process. Wow, how selfish can people get?
Yes, unfortunately this is something I see here everyday. People who were begging for help when they came here, changed their attitudes after they got settled and have shown significant signs of extreme racism as well. That's sad and why I have already stopped hanging around with a lot of people here. On the other hand, I've received the greatest amount of help from Canadians, my boss being one of them (she has gone way beyond what anyone would do for one of their employees) and she's not the only one.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
scylla said:
I think i can relate to that very well. Let's compare. Two people of possibly equal academics and equal industry profiles. First dreamed of coming to Canada for years, applied through some PR program, took several years to come here, initially had a hard time wasting all his life savings till finding a decent job and building his foundations again.

The second one - owning to some in demand job here, got here on a temp work permit, became a PR a couple years latter via some thing like CEC and had to face none of the issues the PR guy had.

I have seen so many belonging to the first category calling the latter using "back doors" or things like "temp workers should not be allowed to get a PR in land" and what not.

So i understand the sentiment. But it explains their concerns.

On a personal note, when i joined this forum i faced quite weird reactions from the first kind of people. I was asking for help and got what not in response. So yes this issue exists. :)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I think i can relate to that very well. Let's compare. Two people of possibly equal academics and equal industry profiles. First dreamed of coming to Canada for years, applied through some PR program, took several years to come here, initially had a hard time wasting all his life savings till finding a decent job and building his foundations again.

The second one - owning to some in demand job here, got here on a temp work permit, became a PR a couple years latter via some thing like CEC and had to face none of the issues the PR guy had.

I have seen so many belonging to the first category calling the latter using "back doors" or things like "temp workers should not be allowed to get a PR in land" and what not.

So i understand the sentiment. But it explains their concerns.

On a personal note, when i joined this forum i faced quite weird reactions from the first kind of people. I was asking for help and got what not in response. So yes this issue exists. :)
Oh, so it's an issue of envy. FFS, what's wrong with people? Dude, securing work in Canada as a TFW is no walk in the park either, especially when you have a lot of rude, smug, patronizing, power-tripping employers out there. I understand that some other routes to PR are easier than others, but some people are in a better position to afford the more expensive route to PR while others aren't. Most low-skilled TFWs are barely able to afford the immigration process at all, especially if they're from a less developed, lower-income country. You still need a considerable amount of money to get over to Canada as a TFW once you're cleared for a job. If you're from a country with a weak currency (in terms of purchasing power), then the financial burden is further exacerbated. I'm from a rich country with a strong currency and I still find the process of moving to Canada quite burdensome and somewhat costly, despite being able to afford it. I can't even begin to imagine what your average Joe from a poorer, less-developed country with a weak currency, has to stress about financially. All these people who condescend to TFWs for their so-called "back-door immigration" must think that people from developing countries are all made of money. There goes the "let them eat cake" attitude I was talking about.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
stopDA, are you applying for PR or has an application in process? sorry, I'm just curious...c",)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natsy said:
stopDA, are you applying for PR or has an application in process? sorry, I'm just curious...c",)
I'm a prospective TFW who is currently being named on an LMO. I will move to Canada VERY soon when my LMO arrives since I am visa-exempt and not required to use an overseas CIC office that takes forever to get things done.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
stopDA said:
I'm a prospective TFW who is currently being named on an LMO. I will move to Canada VERY soon when my LMO arrives since I am visa-exempt and not required to use an overseas CIC office that takes forever to get things done.
welcome to canada soon...c",)