+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:
I am also @ 398...you are fine even if you lost points due to age.

There's an public policy that applies. I have raised this query and received the below reply from MCIIT:

"A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from OINP and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed. In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination. OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria"
Hi swsood1686,

Did you get your nomination? I have the same age issue. Please reply. Thanks.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi nsri05,

I hope you are doing great! Congrats on your nomination. I have this same issue of age. Not clear about the question you asked. I am clear that you get nominated even if you go below 400 in OINP. But not sure what happens after nomination. I might get a NOI at age 40 with 405 crs, but before being nominated I will turn 41 which will reduce my score to 394. I contacted OINP and they replied to me with the following. Now what I want to clarify is that will the following age exemption policy/rule apply till the time I apply for Federal PR after getting OINP NOI as long as I qualify for all other criteria?
So If my score becomes less than 400 due to age only, I will be not be disqualified and be safe till I apply for Federal permanent residence after getting ITA?
Thank you.
Zakria.

OINP response:

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant’s ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by IRCC and the receipt of the resulting application by IRCC.

Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application.

I hope that this has been of some assistance to you.

OntarioImmigration.ca

maplecity

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
I am afraid this is still confusing. I lost 6 points due to age. Oinp said I was qualified at NOI so no cause for alarm. I have been nominated. Points = 994. Now waiting for ITA. Am i still eligible to apply for PR? Do i need to explain OINP's consideration on age to IRCC?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maplecity said:
I am afraid this is still confusing. I lost 6 points due to age. Oinp said I was qualified at NOI so no cause for alarm. I have been nominated. Points = 994. Now waiting for ITA. Am i still eligible to apply for PR? Do i need to explain OINP's consideration on age to IRCC?
No, you're fine.. just go ahead and apply normally... you don't need to explain anything to IRCC because as far as IRCC is concerned you have more than the cut off and you're fine.

OINP knows (or should know at least) that you're going to dip below the 400 mark due to your age, which is perfectly fine, so don't worry about them either.

Speedy PR.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplecity said:
Hi maplecity ,

I hope you are doing great! Congrats on your nomination. I have EXACTLY this same issue of age. Not clear about the question you asked. I am clear that you get nominated even if you go below 400 in OINP. But not sure what happens after nomination. I might get a NOI at age 40 with 405 crs, but before being nominated I will turn 41 which will reduce my score to 394. I contacted OINP and they replied to me with the following. Now what I want to clarify is that will the following age exemption policy/rule apply till the time I apply for Federal PR after getting OINP NOI as long as I qualify for all other criteria?
So If my score becomes less than 400 due to age only, I will be not be disqualified and be safe till I apply for Federal permanent residence after getting ITA?
Thank you.
Zakria.

OINP response:

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant’s ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by IRCC and the receipt of the resulting application by IRCC.

Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application.

I hope that this has been of some assistance to you.

OntarioImmigration.ca

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
maplecity said:
No, you are good to apply post ITA. You do not have to clarify anything to IRCC as your drop in points due to age was considered by OINP while nominating you.

tfreirl

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2018
Mohammed Imran Khan said:
Send your case offer an e-mail with CC to reception right now if you can.

regards
I managed to talk to OINP yesterday (the unfriendly male attendant, not the nice lady). He told me he could see they were working on my file yesterday (30/dec), making notes and etc. He was not clear if the file was untouched from 1/dec to 30/dec.

I don't know if that is a good thing or no. Hope the new year comes with great news.

Best regards.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Wish all a Very Happy New Year to all the forum friends.

May we all see and get Nominations soon this year.

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I am filling up my spouse information after i got my ITA. It says to eneter UCI number but my wife never applied to canadian immigration office hence she has none. What do I put in the blank I cant leave it emplty and it wont except N/A or 0000-0000.

Thanks

maplecity

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Whew! What a relief. Thanks @g126 and @Stanlee !! Happy New Year everyone! Speedy Nominations for all still waiting.

Now waiting for ITA...don't know when the next draw is. Fingers crossed.

elle03

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-12-2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
Hi, I have a question. I was confused whether to use NOC 1241 or 1221 before but then I decided to go with 1241. But the nomination certificate Ontario issued to me showed 1221. Should I change my NOC to 1221 too or just leave it as it is? Thank you.

raj273canada

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Friends, questions i need help. My ee profile expired just sometime back and i am starting to create a new one;
1. Should i only select Ontario and oinp program as intended destination ( since i have accepted oinp and points added).
2. Should i select pnp received in new profile.

Also are there any other special instructions i ned to follow.
Please let ne know. Thanks

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
raj273canada said:
Friends, questions i need help. My ee profile expired just sometime back and i am starting to create a new one;
1. Should i only select Ontario and oinp program as intended destination ( since i have accepted oinp and points added).
2. Should i select pnp received in new profile.

Also are there any other special instructions i ned to follow.
Please let ne know. Thanks
This is really obvious. Since you have accepted nomination from OINP, then you must only mention Ontario.
Of course say yes that you have received nomination and you will receive 600 points only after OINP transfers nomination to your new EE profile. You need to send this new EE profile letter to OINP and request them.