Submission: June 23
Assessment: June 25
Request for further documentation (language test results): June 28
Submitted documentation: June 29
Decision in Progress: July 6
Nominated: July 11
PR application submitted through online portal: July 20

Finally at the last step :)
October 5: Generic email from CIC that they're still working on my application. Also provided an application number in the email.

Edit: IRCC, not CIC

Last edited:

av007

Sep 29, 2021
Hi, been back reading the post here and its glad to know that all of you got nominated. I also submit EOI and got ITA.
I also submitted my ITA and hoping it will be a fast and positive result.

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi, been back reading the post here and its glad to know that all of you got nominated. I also submit EOI and got ITA.
I also submitted my ITA and hoping it will be a fast and positive result.

Just a quick question: Was your work contract unlimited (i know that's a requirement), but if someone can clarify/explain an unlimited contract. Thanks

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
October 5: Generic email from CIC that they're still working on my application. Also provided an application number in the email.

Edit: IRCC, not CIC
Nevermind. Application number is the same as my express entry application number which expires next month lol. Sigh.

Last edited:

av007

Sep 29, 2021
Just a quick question: Was your work contract unlimited (i know that's a requirement), but if someone can clarify/explain an unlimited contract. Thanks
As what I understand, as long your employer filled up the employer form and with employment letter stating noc, position etc... like your unlimited contract..
Probably... there is still an assessment stage on your apps...

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I got all the
As what I understand, as long your employer filled up the employer form and with employment letter stating noc, position etc... like your unlimited contract..
Probably... there is still an assessment stage on your apps...
I got all the docs, but my contract was unfortunately only for an year with the possibility of extension. I now have to talk with my employer about an unlimited contract. But how does it look like, meaning what is written on it to show it as unlimited? Thanks.

Mari_Anne17

Apr 14, 2021
Hi Guys, I hope I can get some info here since I'm a bit confused with the entire process...
I received an ITA in July for the Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream. Unfortunately, they haven't made a decision yet (status "decision in progress" ) :(
I'm currently on a work visa - PGWP that will expire on December 22nd. So far what I have read online is that I will have to apply for a closed work permit while I wait for the PR. Any chance I could apply/get an open work permit? If not, do you guys know the steps to apply for a closed work permit? Thank you so much and I apologize for any silly question :oops:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I got all the

I got all the docs, but my contract was unfortunately only for an year with the possibility of extension. I now have to talk with my employer about an unlimited contract. But how does it look like, meaning what is written on it to show it as unlimited? Thanks.
Your employment letter should say “permanent position” (no end date).

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi Guys, I hope I can get some info here since I'm a bit confused with the entire process...
I received an ITA in July for the Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream. Unfortunately, they haven't made a decision yet (status "decision in progress" ) :(
I'm currently on a work visa - PGWP that will expire on December 22nd. So far what I have read online is that I will have to apply for a closed work permit while I wait for the PR. Any chance I could apply/get an open work permit? If not, do you guys know the steps to apply for a closed work permit? Thank you so much and I apologize for any silly question :oops:
If I’m not mistaken, your employer must apply for a LMIA first (unless your position is LMIA exempt) before you can apply for a closed work permit. Based from numerous threads in the forum, the whole process takes several months, unfortunately...

Mari_Anne17

Apr 14, 2021
If I’m not mistaken, your employer must apply for a LMIA first (unless your position is LMIA exempt) before you can apply for a closed work permit. Based from numerous threads in the forum, the whole process takes several months, unfortunately...
Hi RogelCorral, thanks for your reply! But I believe my situations is different. I have been working with the company over a year now. I found this on the government website, but I’m still not sure.
You're a provincial nominee who has not yet applied for permanent residence
You may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit if you’re a provincial nominee who has:

• a letter from the provincial government confirming that the province has nominated you for permanent residence,
  • a job offer from an employer based in that province, and
  • a statement from the province that identifies the job and employer and states that:
    • you’re urgently needed by your employer, who has offered you a job in that province or territory;
    • the job offer is genuine and the job offer will create economic benefits or opportunities;
    • the employment is not part-time or seasonal; and
    • the wages and working conditions of the employment would be sufficient to attract and retain Canadian citizens.
You can apply for a work permit before you submit your application for permanent residence.

You’re not eligible if you’re a skilled worker in Quebec.

Before you submit your work permit application, your employer must:

• submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • pay a $230 employer compliance fee, and
  • provide you with an offer of employment number.
Note: When you complete your work permit application, select “Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment” as the type of work permit in the “Details of intended work in Canada” section”

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi RogelCorral, thanks for your reply! But I believe my situations is different. I have been working with the company over a year now. I found this on the government website, but I’m still not sure.
You're a provincial nominee who has not yet applied for permanent residence
You may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit if you’re a provincial nominee who has:

• a letter from the provincial government confirming that the province has nominated you for permanent residence,
  • a job offer from an employer based in that province, and
  • a statement from the province that identifies the job and employer and states that:
    • you’re urgently needed by your employer, who has offered you a job in that province or territory;
    • the job offer is genuine and the job offer will create economic benefits or opportunities;
    • the employment is not part-time or seasonal; and
    • the wages and working conditions of the employment would be sufficient to attract and retain Canadian citizens.
You can apply for a work permit before you submit your application for permanent residence.

You’re not eligible if you’re a skilled worker in Quebec.

Before you submit your work permit application, your employer must:

• submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • pay a $230 employer compliance fee, and
  • provide you with an offer of employment number.
Note: When you complete your work permit application, select “Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment” as the type of work permit in the “Details of intended work in Canada” section”
sorry, my mistake. i thought you said you haven’t received your PNP yet.

If you have your nomination, then yes, that should apply to you.