+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP International Stream EOI System: Application Timeline

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hi Guys, I hope I can get some info here since I'm a bit confused with the entire process...
I received an ITA in July for the Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream. Unfortunately, they haven't made a decision yet (status "decision in progress" ) :(
I'm currently on a work visa - PGWP that will expire on December 22nd. So far what I have read online is that I will have to apply for a closed work permit while I wait for the PR. Any chance I could apply/get an open work permit? If not, do you guys know the steps to apply for a closed work permit? Thank you so much and I apologize for any silly question :oops:
Yes, you will receive a work permit support letter from the OINP along with your Ontario PNP nomination which you can use to apply for the closed work permit.

I am in the process of applying for the closed work permit. My PGWP expires December 7 and I applied for PR using the non-express entry online portal on July 20.

I don't believe we are eligible for an open work permit.

Mari_Anne17

Apr 14, 2021
Yes, you will receive a work permit support letter from the OINP along with your Ontario PNP nomination which you can use to apply for the closed work permit.

I am in the process of applying for the closed work permit. My PGWP expires December 7 and I applied for PR using the non-express entry online portal on July 20.

I don't believe we are eligible for an open work permit.
Hi Luke, thanks for replying! I’m quite concerned since I have not received my nomination yet and I’m afraid I might run out time. :( the processing time for the employer job offer: international student stream is between 30-60 days but mine is taking more than that. I have read I can apply for my work visa and keep working while I wait for the decision… but honestly, this whole immigration stuff is so confusing… do you mind sharing a little bit of your process/ experience?? Thank you so much!

av007

Sep 29, 2021
Hi Mari, its been 3 months and your Nomination still in "decision on progress", I understand that the nomination process will take from 2 to 3 month. I think in your case you can probably follow that up.

Hi Guys, I hope I can get some info here since I'm a bit confused with the entire process...
I received an ITA in July for the Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream. Unfortunately, they haven't made a decision yet (status "decision in progress" ) :(
I'm currently on a work visa - PGWP that will expire on December 22nd. So far what I have read online is that I will have to apply for a closed work permit while I wait for the PR. Any chance I could apply/get an open work permit? If not, do you guys know the steps to apply for a closed work permit? Thank you so much and I apologize for any silly question :oops:

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hi Luke, thanks for replying! I’m quite concerned since I have not received my nomination yet and I’m afraid I might run out time. :( the processing time for the employer job offer: international student stream is between 30-60 days but mine is taking more than that. I have read I can apply for my work visa and keep working while I wait for the decision… but honestly, this whole immigration stuff is so confusing… do you mind sharing a little bit of your process/ experience?? Thank you so much!
Sorry, I'm not too sure about that. I would contact the OINP to check on your application if it's been over 60 days. I received mine in a couple of weeks.

Here is my timeline:

ITA: June 16
Submission: June 23
Assessment: June 25
Request for further documentation (language test results): June 28
Submitted documentation: June 29
Decision in Progress: July 6
Nominated: July 11
PR application submitted through online portal: July 20

rocket2345

Oct 3, 2021
Hi experts,

i would like to seek for advice, my PGWP is expiring next month and I was invited and submitted my OINP. Any idea what I should do now? Should I get a visitor record since my PGWP expiring while waiting for OINP nomination. But then one of the requirements for OINP is that I will need to stay employed with my current company until I have received my PR. But I will need to stop working when my PGWP expires. Would like to see what’s your thought on that. Thank you

Feb 27, 2018
Just submitted!

Selection points: 71
Application submission: June 23
Hello Brother, I started working as a Restaurant Assistant Manager and I checked revenue and full time employees. Everything goes good . Can you share any complex things that I required for oinp by employer or either the idea or tip

Apr 8, 2019
Hi everyone, I recieved my nomiantion on dec 7. the problem is wrong NOC. i selected NOC type A civil engineer but its NOC type B administration officer. I have a bachelors degree from USA and hold Engineer in training license from British Columbia. I work for WSP global which is like well reputed civil and construction company as a project coordinator. i am not sure if its going to be a big issue to I should withdraw the nomination and apply again. my points ar 74 but supposed to be 66 after the NOC change but still I qualify for the nomination as the cut off was at 62

goobie12

Aug 28, 2021
Hi guys. I just need some advice about work permit support letter!
I got nomination from OINP international student, and got work permit support letter which expire in 6 months.
My PGWP is expire in May 2023. If I apply with work permit support letter, then my PGWP will not be valid anymore?
I cannot find answer and saw IRCC webform only answer about specific topic. Please help me! Thanks in advance!

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Sorry, I'm not too sure about that. I would contact the OINP to check on your application if it's been over 60 days. I received mine in a couple of weeks.

Here is my timeline:

have you received your AOR?

Dec 9, 2023
Hi experts,

i would like to seek for advice, my PGWP is expiring next month and I was invited and submitted my OINP. Any idea what I should do now? Should I get a visitor record since my PGWP expiring while waiting for OINP nomination. But then one of the requirements for OINP is that I will need to stay employed with my current company until I have received my PR. But I will need to stop working when my PGWP expires. Would like to see what’s your thought on that. Thank you

Atb2021

Dec 18, 2023

Here is my timeline:

Hello can you enlighten me a bit? So after apply EOI, how long did you wait for to get an ITA?

Atb2021

Dec 18, 2023
Hi, I applied under the international student stream as well but just want to ask if your timelines are correct? You submitted Sept 2021?
My timelines are below, score 74:
- Got ITA on May 26, 2021
- Submitted on June 4, 2021
- As of June 14, status still Submitted.
Hello i need a small help. After submitting for EOI, how long did it take to get ITA? I am planning to apply for Oinp international student stream. I need the information to plan ahead

Tyana2024

Apr 4, 2024
Hi experts,

Hello I am in the same situation currently. I would like to know what you did?
Did you apply for visitors record or you applied for work permit extension.