+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP: Internal Student Stream Closed or Open WP?

upasikpatla

Apr 4, 2023
Hello All,

My name is Upasika. I hope you all are doing good. I was also nominated by Ontario under the OINP: Internal Student Stream, Employer Job offer stream. I have a question. My nomination is valid till October, I'm planning to submit my application for BOWP before it expires (My Wp expires in Jan). However, I wish to change my job, Can I do that before I get PR?

My nomination certificate mentions my Employer and says restricted to that same employer. Am I eligible for an Open work permit or will it be a Closed work permit?

Actually, When I started the application for Work permit on Gckey IRCC portal, I couldn't see any option of "Application for Work permit", the system assumed itself as an application for Bridging Open Work permit based on my answers.

I applied April 12, 2023. Received AOR on May 5. In my Account Tracker it only shows Biometrics completed, Backgroung is in progress, Elegibility and medical not started.

Please suggest about what I should do?

Thanks
Upasika

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

My name is Upasika. I hope you all are doing good. I was also nominated by Ontario under the OINP: Internal Student Stream, Employer Job offer stream. I have a question. My nomination is valid till October, I'm planning to submit my application for BOWP before it expires (My Wp expires in Jan). However, I wish to change my job, Can I do that before I get PR?

My nomination certificate mentions my Employer and says restricted to that same employer. Am I eligible for an Open work permit or will it be a Closed work permit?

Actually, When I started the application for Work permit on Gckey IRCC portal, I couldn't see any option of "Application for Work permit", the system assumed itself as an application for Bridging Open Work permit based on my answers.

I applied April 12, 2023. Received AOR on May 5. In my Account Tracker it only shows Biometrics completed, Backgroung is in progress, Elegibility and medical not started.

Please suggest about what I should do?

Thanks
Upasika
It is safest to remain with your current employer until you have PR.

If you change employers once you have the BOWP, it is mandatory that you notify OINP and your new employer will need to provide all of the paperwork (e.g. employer form) to support your OINP nomination.