+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP HCP - Health Draw Feb 2 - Other Activities vs Work History

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Oh, I'm so sorry! So, after this clarification of yours it seems that it should be ok to remove Job X, as it is not adding any points and would mean only sending more documents and etc. For OINP, I think you can go with the strategy of listing under Work History only what you're claiming points in the EE, thus job X would not go in Work History. To make everything look neat, I think it is important to state this period of work that you're not claiming any points under Other Activities and also write a brief paragraph in your LOE to explain why you inserted that in the Other Activities and not in the Work History.

I had 1 year of experience in my primary NOC with all the documents and 1,5 years in the same NOC but with a different company that would be difficult to get all the documents. I did exactly what I wrote above and got nominated without any problems or ADRs. I stated this 1,5 years in Other Activities and also wrote a brief explanation in my LOE.

Good luck with your application!
Thank you so much. You are so kind. I can't thank you enough for clarifying my doubt. May I ask is it ok to mention "Not claiming points for this job due to Lack of documentation" as the reason in the LOE? If you don't mind, May I ask what did you state as the reason?

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
Thank you so much. You are so kind. I can't thank you enough for clarifying my doubt. May I ask is it ok to mention "Not claiming points for this job due to Lack of documentation" as the reason in the LOE? If you don't mind, May I ask what did you state as the reason?

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)
I wrote the following paragraph:

"I do not have an employment contract, payslips, or regular work hours. Thus, I did not include this work experience under my Express Entry profile, nor claimed any points for it. As I do not have supporting documents for this previous work and did not claim any points for it, I am including this letter so the verification from your end is clearer on why I did include this under the “Other Activities”tab."

Best of luck in your application!

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
I wrote the following paragraph:

"I do not have an employment contract, payslips, or regular work hours. Thus, I did not include this work experience under my Express Entry profile, nor claimed any points for it. As I do not have supporting documents for this previous work and did not claim any points for it, I am including this letter so the verification from your end is clearer on why I did include this under the “Other Activities”tab."

Best of luck in your application!
Thank you so much!!!! :)

drmfhh

Jun 15, 2023
Hi @eprpalmeida

I have a few questions regarding the other activities while submitting the OINP application, I'll be very grateful if you can help, I don't have much time please help:

1. I have only a bachelor's in dentistry and have the wes equivalency for it, so I guess I shouldn't include it in other activities?

2. Oinp requires only 1 year of paid work experience for which points are given right? So should I mention all the other paid work experiences in other activities bcz I'm not claiming points for them? I don't have complete docs for any of them
My work experience is like this:

Current job... Which I'm claiming points for

Previous job 1 same noc I don't have proof of compensation

Previous job 2 different noc I don't have JD on experience letter

House job 1 year I don't have JD for this either

Please help

Aurelius

Apr 5, 2024
Hello Experts,

w.r.t Inland HCP nomination, can I leave Canada after getting the nomination and get a nomination based work permit from home country and re-enter Canada?

Thank you for your time.