+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP HCP - Health Draw Feb 2 - Other Activities vs Work History

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received a NOI on February 2nd to apply for OINP HCP Stream. Since then, I am preparing all my documents and I will probably submit it this Friday. However, one question is still in my head: should I add one previous paid work I had that I did not claim any points on my EE profile under the Work History or under the Other Activities?

Let me briefly explain to you. I have a one-year long, 40 hour/week, with reference letter, payslips and everything fine from a work NOC 31102 (family physician) that I had from 2019 to 2020. I used this as my one year work experience to qualify for FSW stream. After this work, I had to study for some exams and then got a new job from December 2020 to June 2022 (1.5 years), under the same NOC, but on a different company. As adding 1.5 years would not change my CRS points, I never added that to my EE profile, as it would mean only more documents and more things to translate.

However, the OINP portal is different than the IRCC Express Entry. On the OINP portal I need to declare all my paid work history under "Work History" tab, send a résumé, and list all gaps under "Other Activities" tab.

So, the big question is:

Should I add this 1.5 year that I am not claiming any points whatsoever under Work History and add a LOE explaining why I did not include any documents related
OR
Should I add this under Other Activities and explain why I added it there even though it was a paid work?

I looked over the forum and found out people that did both, but most of them did not follow up whether it worked out or not.

Thanks everyone and looking forward to having this solved soon. Tomorrow I will call OINP and update this thread if they help me anyhow.

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
Hi everyone,

I received a NOI on February 2nd to apply for OINP HCP Stream. Since then, I am preparing all my documents and I will probably submit it this Friday. However, one question is still in my head: should I add one previous paid work I had that I did not claim any points on my EE profile under the Work History or under the Other Activities?

Let me briefly explain to you. I have a one-year long, 40 hour/week, with reference letter, payslips and everything fine from a work NOC 31102 (family physician) that I had from 2019 to 2020. I used this as my one year work experience to qualify for FSW stream. After this work, I had to study for some exams and then got a new job from December 2020 to June 2022 (1.5 years), under the same NOC, but on a different company. As adding 1.5 years would not change my CRS points, I never added that to my EE profile, as it would mean only more documents and more things to translate.

However, the OINP portal is different than the IRCC Express Entry. On the OINP portal I need to declare all my paid work history under "Work History" tab, send a résumé, and list all gaps under "Other Activities" tab.

So, the big question is:

Should I add this 1.5 year that I am not claiming any points whatsoever under Work History and add a LOE explaining why I did not include any documents related
OR
Should I add this under Other Activities and explain why I added it there even though it was a paid work?

I looked over the forum and found out people that did both, but most of them did not follow up whether it worked out or not.

Thanks everyone and looking forward to having this solved soon. Tomorrow I will call OINP and update this thread if they help me anyhow.
I would suggest you to enter it under the work history in Oinp and also update your Express Entry profile with this information. Because you are not yet submitted anything officially through your IRCC profile.
If you have all the valid documents then no need to submit anything under Other activities.

Also I would suggest to follow the below link if you would like to chat with other people who applied under similar program. This forum is for the timelines for OINP HCP draw 2023. Please take a look.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-human-capital-priority-stream-2023-feb-draw-timelines.789989/#post-10374664

Thanks

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
Quick question
For medical doctors through oinp, who had their ECA from MCC, is it ok to put this ECA or it should be from WES?
IRCC approves MCC and its in their list
But the thing is , organisations like PEBC or MCC dont share ECA with oinp

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
Hi
Quick question
For medical doctors through oinp, who had their ECA from MCC, is it ok to put this ECA or it should be from WES?
Not sure what to do. This is a tricky situation. I would suggest you to call OINP and ask for suggestions.
Also I have never heard of MCC.
I think this is because you are working in a regulated profession. best bet, call OINP

Last edited:

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
Hi
Quick question
Actually, they do! But the way to do this is going through "Share documents" and insert OINP email, and it's possible to see that they're already signed over there. However, OINP has 30 days to access the ECA.

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi everyone,

So, the big question is:

OR

Hi, I also have the same questions. I have 2 jobs that I didn't include in my EE profile, because one of them was a part-time job, and the second one was an unpaid full-time job. I'm confused under which section should I mention them.

What did you do eventually? Thanks in advance.

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
Hi, I also have the same questions. I have 2 jobs that I didn't include in my EE profile, because one of them was a part-time job, and the second one was an unpaid full-time job. I'm confused under which section should I mention them.

What did you do eventually? Thanks in advance.
Hi! I was waiting for my nomination to reply you. Fortunately all went well and got my nomination.

So, I included under work history only the work I was claiming points for. My other work that I did not claim any points I listed under "Other Activities" and wrote a letter of explanation stating that I was not claiming points from it.

Reactions: Sin93

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi! I was waiting for my nomination to reply you. Fortunately all went well and got my nomination.

So, I included under work history only the work I was claiming points for. My other work that I did not claim any points I listed under "Other Activities" and wrote a letter of explanation stating that I was not claiming points from it.
congrats! what about Bachelor's degree, did you put it under "Other activities"? I only evaluated my MS degree, and no evaluation for my BS degree

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
congrats! what about Bachelor's degree, did you put it under "Other activities"? I only evaluated my MS degree, and no evaluation for my BS degree
Oh, I don't know mate. I only have a MD and evaluated it. I think as long as you explain everything, you'll be fine.

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021

Hi,

I have a similar case as yours. Can you please advise. It is quite urgent. Thank you so much
A little background:
Currently in my EE profile, I am only showing work experience that I am claiming points for. I have overall 4 years of work experience in my primary NOC with atleast 1 year of continuous work experience (as required by OINP). I received NOI from OINP under Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW. In my EE profile, I have selected 3+ years of work experience to claim maximum points.

If I choose not to claim points for a job that falls under my primary National Occupational Classification (NOC) due to lack of documentation, what should I do? Please note that even after removing this job, my CRS score is not impacted.

Should I remove this job from the work history section of my Express Entry profile? Additionally, should I exclude it from the work history section of the OINP application and instead include it in the "other activities" section? Should I include a Letter of Explanation for the work experience(that lacks documentation) in Other activities?

Please kindly advise. Thank you in advance. :)

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the OINP application and Express Entry profile.

A little background:
Currently in my EE profile, I am only showing work experience that I am claiming points for. I have overall 4 years of work experience in my primary NOC with atleast 1 year of continuous work experience (as required by OINP). I received NOI from OINP under Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW. In my EE profile, I have selected 3+ years of work experience to claim maximum points.
Questions:
  • If I choose not to claim points for a job that falls under my primary National Occupational Classification (NOC) due to lack of documentation, what should I do? Please note that even after removing this job, my CRS score is not impacted.
  • Should I remove this job from the work history section of my Express Entry profile? Additionally, should I exclude it from the work history section of the OINP application and instead include it in the "other activities" section? Should I include a Letter of Explanation for the work experience(that lacks documentation) in Other activities?
Please kindly advise. Thank you in advance. I don't have much time left to submit my application. Your advise is highly appreciated. :)

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
Hi,

I have a similar case as yours. Can you please advise. It is quite urgent. Thank you so much
A little background:

If I choose not to claim points for a job that falls under my primary National Occupational Classification (NOC) due to lack of documentation, what should I do? Please note that even after removing this job, my CRS score is not impacted.

Should I remove this job from the work history section of my Express Entry profile? Additionally, should I exclude it from the work history section of the OINP application and instead include it in the "other activities" section? Should I include a Letter of Explanation for the work experience(that lacks documentation) in Other activities?

Please kindly advise. Thank you in advance. :)
Hi,

I think in this case you should check one thing. If Ontario sent you a NOI, that means they targeted you probably because of your primary NOC. If you apply to OINP and have it removed from your EE profile, it may not make much sense, because OINP invited you because of that NOC. Even though your CRS is still above the threshold that OINP determined, your NOC would change, so that's something you need to check before doing that.

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi,

I think in this case you should check one thing. If Ontario sent you a NOI, that means they targeted you probably because of your primary NOC. If you apply to OINP and have it removed from your EE profile, it may not make much sense, because OINP invited you because of that NOC. Even though your CRS is still above the threshold that OINP determined, your NOC would change, so that's something you need to check before doing that.
Sorry for the confusion. I forgot to mention a few important details:
  • I have 4 years of Work experience in my primary NOC for which I received NOI.
  • Out of those 4 years, I don't want to claim points for JOB X which lasted for 4 months (also in my primary NOC) due to lack of documentation.
  • Thus, if i remove Job X from my 4 years of work experience, I would still have 3 years and 8 months- fulfilling EE (3+ years) criteria for which I got CRS points.
  • I will also be having 1 year of continuous full-time experience in my primary NOC as mandated by OINP.
  • I have removed JOB X from EE profile and my EE profile now shows only the relevant work experience that I want to claim points for. My CRS remains exact same.
Now, given above details, these are my questions:
  • where should I show JOB X in OINP? Should I show it in "work history" or "other activities". Other activities mention "excluding paid work and education" therefore, I am confused.
  • If I show it in "Other activities", should I attach an LOE explaining that I am not using JOB X for CRS points due to lack of documentation.
  • If I show it in "Work History" section of OINP, how can I tell OINP that I don't want to use JOB X for claiming CRS points as I don't have required documentation?
Please kindly advise. I would be really grateful :)

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Sorry for the confusion. I forgot to mention a few important details:
  • I have 4 years of Work experience in my primary NOC for which I received NOI.
  • Out of those 4 years, I don't want to claim points for JOB X which lasted for 4 months (also in my primary NOC) due to lack of documentation.
  • Thus, if i remove Job X from my 4 years of work experience, I would still have 3 years and 8 months- fulfilling EE (3+ years) criteria for which I got CRS points.
  • I will also be having 1 year of continuous full-time experience in my primary NOC as mandated by OINP.
  • I have removed JOB X from EE profile and my EE profile now shows only the relevant work experience that I want to claim points for. My CRS remains exact same.
Now, given above details, these are my questions:
  • where should I show JOB X in OINP? Should I show it in "work history" or "other activities". Other activities mention "excluding paid work and education" therefore, I am confused.
  • If I show it in "Other activities", should I attach an LOE explaining that I am not using JOB X for CRS points due to lack of documentation.
  • If I show it in "Work History" section of OINP, how can I tell OINP that I don't want to use JOB X for claiming CRS points as I don't have required documentation?
Please kindly advise. I would be really grateful :)
Hi @eprpalmeida I would be really grateful if you could help me with my confusion :)

eprpalmeida

May 7, 2020
Hi @eprpalmeida I would be really grateful if you could help me with my confusion :)
Oh, I'm so sorry! So, after this clarification of yours it seems that it should be ok to remove Job X, as it is not adding any points and would mean only sending more documents and etc. For OINP, I think you can go with the strategy of listing under Work History only what you're claiming points in the EE, thus job X would not go in Work History. To make everything look neat, I think it is important to state this period of work that you're not claiming any points under Other Activities and also write a brief paragraph in your LOE to explain why you inserted that in the Other Activities and not in the Work History.

I had 1 year of experience in my primary NOC with all the documents and 1,5 years in the same NOC but with a different company that would be difficult to get all the documents. I did exactly what I wrote above and got nominated without any problems or ADRs. I stated this 1,5 years in Other Activities and also wrote a brief explanation in my LOE.

Good luck with your application!