+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream - Is ECA required?

onebel

Feb 16, 2024
I received an ITA for the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream. I have a post-graduate certificate from a Canadian college, which is the basis for my application. I have a Bachelor's degree from my home country, but WES is still processing my documents and it won't reach the application deadline. Is the ECA required for this stream or is my post-grad certificate sufficient?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received an ITA for the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream. I have a post-graduate certificate from a Canadian college, which is the basis for my application. I have a Bachelor's degree from my home country, but WES is still processing my documents and it won't reach the application deadline. Is the ECA required for this stream or is my post-grad certificate sufficient?

Thanks!
If you don’t need it for points then no.

oliverzhang61

Mar 21, 2024
Hi there, my wife is in the same situation here as yours, she has a Canadian college diploma (two-year program) and a Bachelor's degree back home, now she's also got the ITA for OINP Employer Job Offer International Student Stream but WES is still processing her Bachelor degree which will definitely pass the OINP application deadline. So we're wondering what happened after you submit your application? Did the just process it or ask you to submit WES certificate as an incomplete submission? Or just simply reject your application at all that you have to go through the whole process from EOI again? Pls let us know thank you so much!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi there, my wife is in the same situation here as yours, she has a Canadian college diploma (two-year program) and a Bachelor's degree back home, now she's also got the ITA for OINP Employer Job Offer International Student Stream but WES is still processing her Bachelor degree which will definitely pass the OINP application deadline. So we're wondering what happened after you submit your application? Did the just process it or ask you to submit WES certificate as an incomplete submission? Or just simply reject your application at all that you have to go through the whole process from EOI again? Pls let us know thank you so much!
OINP JOIS nominee here. I only submitted my Canadian college diploma and transcript. Did not submit my Bachelors of Engineering from home country.

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024

Thanks!
As much as I know, ECA is very important in this case and it has to be sent to OINP separately too along with IRCC.

oliverzhang61

Mar 21, 2024
OINP JOIS nominee here. I only submitted my Canadian college diploma and transcript. Did not submit my Bachelors of Engineering from home country.
Thank you. So when you got invited you already mentioned your bachelor degree right? I’m just not sure if already included this bachelor degree in the EOI but after got invited not submitting it with WES certificate is it gonna be a problem? Do they reject or just deduct the points for this but still process normally? Thank you!

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
If it’s just late maybe around 10days, not mean to not submit it at all. What do you think? Thank you.
So WES usually takes around 20-30 days to process. What you can do is on the WES portal you can add OINP as an additional recipient and pay around $90 for it. So when you submit your application just write the reference number you will get from WES. So in this way OINP will come to know that you have already asked WES to send your documents to them. I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other concern.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thank you. So when you got invited you already mentioned your bachelor degree right? I’m just not sure if already included this bachelor degree in the EOI but after got invited not submitting it with WES certificate is it gonna be a problem? Do they reject or just deduct the points for this but still process normally? Thank you!
Well, first and foremost, the OINP JOIS stream is for international students who completed a program from qualified DLI's and got a job offer while on PGWP (hence International Students Job Offer Stream). Other programs not from Canada may give you (I am not sure on this one) additional points. But basically, all you need for OINP JOIS are: completed program from Canadian DLIs and a job offer in Ontario (from employers willing to submit the employer form).

IMO, why complicate things when you have fulfilled the requirements? Others may have differing opinion.

Good luck to your application.

Reactions: onebel

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
Well, first and foremost, the OINP JOIS stream is for international students who completed a program from qualified DLI's and got a job offer while on PGWP (hence International Students Job Offer Stream). Other programs not from Canada may give you (I am not sure on this one) additional points. But basically, all you need for OINP JOIS are: completed program from Canadian DLIs and a job offer in Ontario (from employers willing to submit the employer form).

IMO, why complicate things when you have fulfilled the requirements? Others may have differing opinion.

Good luck to your application.
I know people who got their application rejected because they did not request for WES to OINP. So, I believe it is very important.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I know people who got their application rejected because they did not request for WES to OINP. So, I believe it is very important.
And I know people who did not submit and are now PR: ME!

So, if it is very important, how come I was not rejected? If you look at the official OINP JOIS page:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream#section-3

2. Education
You must prove you have obtained one of the following eligible credentials:
You must also prove that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain your credential were obtained while living and studying in Canada.

To determine whether your graduate certificate is an eligible credential, check that the official credential you received from your institution is an Ontario College Graduate Certificate.

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
And I know people who did not submit and are now PR: ME!

So, if it is very important, how come I was not rejected? If you look at the official OINP JOIS page:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream#section-3
Now, OINP has made it mandatory to send them separate WES copy.
Just do a search and you will see on OINP's official website that it is mandatory now. I don't know the scenario at your time but now it has to be submitted. Better stay updated with new rules rather than putting people at risk!

This is what website says -
Very important: Failure to provide a copy of your ECA report and authorize WES to share the results of your ECA with the OINP will result in your application being returned as incomplete and application fee refunded.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Now, OINP has made it mandatory to send them separate WES copy.
Just do a search and you will see on OINP's official website that it is mandatory now. I don't know the scenario at your time but now it has ti be submitted. Better stay updated with new rules rather than putting people at risk!
Can you share that link? For the benefit of other applicants? Because the link I provided was from the OINP JOIS official webpage updated in January 2024.