+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
I did not receive any confirmation of them receiving the new DD. However when I sent a mail asking about the status I got a reply that they re processing my application. Not sure what to understand from this.

quote author=shashar link=topic=396543.msg5449727#msg5449727 date=1473847283]
I am also in same boat. Applied in first week of Jan 2016. Received AOR and request for another draft in Jul. Got acknowledgement that the new DD has been received by them on 15-Jul-2016, and post that nothing
[/quote]

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
FSW applicants are getting calls and additional document requests. However, the proof of job search in Ontario was asked to a FSW applicant from the US. However, all applicants should expect a "Why Ontario?" question in general over call.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know the changes that one can make in the Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario when a new one is requested. Also as said it would be better to be prepared if I get a call from OINP on "Why Ontario" question.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

JB32

Sep 15, 2016
edward22 said:
PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS. THIS AFFECTS ALL OF US AND IT MIGHT HELP EVERYONE. POST IT ON EVERY OTHER THREAD.

Thanks for sharing this link. I just signed the petition.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know the changes that one can make in the Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario when a new one is requested. Also as said it would be better to be prepared if I get a call from OINP on "Why Ontario" question.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
Check these threads for sample Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario. It will give you answers as how to answer 'Why Ontario'.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-of-letter-of-intent-for-oopnp-t315415.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-prove-intention-to-reside-in-ontario-for-oinp-t393812.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/letter-of-intent-to-reside-in-onatrio-for-oopnp-application-for-future-applicant-t349037.0.html

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Hi friends, is there somewhere a list of documents that will be required after nomination and ITA? I'm having a helluva time getting the reference letter for the oinp application, will they ask for one again for federal? Maybe I should not send the original to ontario then.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Aal_ said:
Hi friends, is there somewhere a list of documents that will be required after nomination and ITA? I'm having a helluva time getting the reference letter for the oinp application, will they ask for one again for federal? Maybe I should not send the original to ontario then.
Yes, you'll need that for the federal application. This is the checklist for FSW - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

Head over to the CIC website for other categories...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aal_ said:
g126 said:
Yes, you'll need that for the federal application. This is the checklist for FSW - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

Head over to the CIC website for other categories...
This is the checklist for EE applications -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Thanks guys, so i will have to go through this again.

A question regarding the reference letter, is it acceptable to have 2 letters, one from HR for salary and one from Chief Information Officer for duties, both are on letterheads and both signed with company official seal? HR can't write my duties.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Stanlee said:
Check these threads for sample Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario. It will give you answers as how to answer 'Why Ontario'.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-of-letter-of-intent-for-oopnp-t315415.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-prove-intention-to-reside-in-ontario-for-oinp-t393812.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/letter-of-intent-to-reside-in-onatrio-for-oopnp-application-for-future-applicant-t349037.0.html
Hi Stanlee,

I had developed my SOI to Reside in Ontario based on the links provided above. Most people have done the same I guess. My question is if OINP asks for a new SOI then what changes would one have to make as it means the original one is not acceptable. Did you have to send a new SOI in your case?.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Hi Raj and guys,

Good job on the very first post. Appreciate the hard work!!

Raj, I sent the same questions to your personal inbox but I noticed that there may be many other folks who want to ask the same questions. So, post these questions here. Feel free to comment.

I submitted the Pre-Screen application in October 2015 and got an Acknowledgement Letter on October 27 2015 saying that they have received the application package and it is being processed. I have not heard a word from OINP until I emailed them couple days ago and ask about the status of my case. OINP replied as follow:

"Please be advised that our records indicate the file referenced is at the second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst.

If there is any further information needed for your application, you will be contacted by our officer.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program"

1. What do they mean by saying 'second stage'? Does that mean that the Pre-Screen part has been processed and they are moving on to the Nominee application part?

2. Also, I learned that people usually ask for an AOR. I did send another email to OINP asking for AOR though. What do we need AOR for?

3. What will happen next after the above message from OINP?

4. According to your experience, how long will it take for OINP to finalize the entire process?
I need a clear timeline on this thing.

5. What do you folks suggest I should do next?

I appreciate any comments and I believe many other would like to ask one those questions too.

Thanks a lot guys.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hope1982 said:
Hi Raj and guys,

Good job on the very first post. Appreciate the hard work!!

Raj, I sent the same questions to your personal inbox but I noticed that there may be many other folks who want to ask the same questions. So, post these questions here. Feel free to comment.

I submitted the Pre-Screen application in October 2015 and got an Acknowledgement Letter on October 27 2015 saying that they have received the application package and it is being processed. I have not heard a word from OINP until I emailed them couple days ago and ask about the status of my case. OINP replied as follow:

"Please be advised that our records indicate the file referenced is at the second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst.

If there is any further information needed for your application, you will be contacted by our officer.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program"

1. What do they mean by saying 'second stage'? Does that mean that the Pre-Screen part has been processed and they are moving on to the Nominee application part?

It means that your file is yet to be reviewed by an investigator/analyst. During this stage, you can expect a phone call/additional document request/both.

2. Also, I learned that people usually ask for an AOR. I did send another email to OINP asking for AOR though. What do we need AOR for?

AOR contains your file number. Whenever you want to ask something about your application, you would need your file number. AOR email also contains a receipt for your 1500 CAD processing fee.

3. What will happen next after the above message from OINP?

Your application will be assessed by an investigator/analyst. They might call you/send you additional document request. After this, they will refer your file to a senior PNP officer and move it to decision phase.

4. According to your experience, how long will it take for OINP to finalize the entire process?

No idea. I have been waiting for 10 + months since application submission and 7 + months post AOR and 5 + months since additional document request. A few people (including you) have been waiting longer than me. Hopefully, they expedite the process.
I need a clear timeline on this thing.

5. What do you folks suggest I should do next?

You got to raise your patience level and wait. Sadly, that is all that we can do.

I appreciate any comments and I believe many other would like to ask one those questions too.

Thanks a lot guys.
Please note that the above reply is for Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French Speaking Skilled Worker stream. When you say pre-screen application, do you mean you had a job offer or something?

rash1480

Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors pls help!!!
Can I use Indian passport as proof of date of birth for my spouse? His dob certificate is lost. If not, what else is accepted as proof of date of birth by cic?

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please note that the above reply is for Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French Speaking Skilled Worker stream. When you say pre-screen application, do you mean you had a job offer or something?
Thanks Raj,
That is correct, bro.
I have a job offer from my employer. That is the reason why I mentioned 'Pre-screen' application.
Would you say that the general procedures of file processing (whether you are in human capital priorities stream or holding job offers) are pretty much the same?

Thanks again!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rash1480 said:
Seniors pls help!!!
Can I use Indian passport as proof of date of birth for my spouse? His dob certificate is lost. If not, what else is accepted as proof of date of birth by cic?
In lieu of a Birth Certificate, you can get an affidavit saying that his DOB is lost. You can submit an alternative proof along with the affidavit, IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hope1982 said:
Thanks Raj,
That is correct, bro.
I have a job offer from my employer. That is the reason why I mentioned 'Pre-screen' application.
Would you say that the general procedures of file processing (whether you are in human capital priorities stream or holding job offers) are pretty much the same?

Thanks again!
Um, I am not sure but I suppose that same procedures are followed. You should probably check with someone who is aware of the nuances of the stream in question. Answers to questions 2 and 5 are probably the same for any stream.