+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply, sushsmart. Really hope I make it this time when Ontario opens up its EE quota this year. Creating new profile as we speak, hope to make it active ASAP.

I feel like a scapegoat to have missed my chances in Dec/Jan, from right under my nose. Better luck this time, hopefully.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
I have withdrawn the old profile created on April 5th. Recreated the profile today - 9th May. The status is processing submission. Fingers crossed to receive the PT Invite there after.

Thank you,
Pawshi

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Dear Members,

Please visit OINP update page for today's update. It may help us to solve most of the confusions. Good luck...!!!

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Just went through the post on the site. I think, it is all gone for those who were waiting for the PT invite to start the PNP process. :(

Very unfortunate news.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
Just went through the post on the site. I think, it is all gone for those who were waiting for the PT invite to start the PNP process. :(

Very unfortunate news.
Hi Pawshi,

Right! Was waiting from March 2nd.:(

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Do we have any other option? Any other PNP with NOC 0111????

acq31

Mar 14, 2016
rkrobinbd said:
Hi Pawshi,

Right! Was waiting from March 2nd.:(

Hi everyone,

Regarding the OINP update:

"Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months."

1) I know November's 6 months from now and it's easy to assume from the statement that they will start accepting applications again then. But could it also mean the other way such as them receiving the nomination allocation in November 2016 and then start accepting applications 6 months after (May 2017)?

2) Also when they say "accept applications," this definitely means they'll send PT invites first right? Or am I missing something?

My questions seems farfetched but I just want to be sure because the statement was short and the terms used are general and vague so it's a bit confusing when you're already kept in the dark for a few months. :)

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Three very important highlight points from the OINP update:
1. 5,500 is the quota allocated by the federal govt. to OINP for 2016 and which has already reached.

2. OINP may resume sending PT NOI six months from now - i.e. probably in November or December 2016

3. Online application system can be implemented for the next intake starting in Nov/Dec 2016.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
What about applicants who have already received AOR and/or File No. and their Fee of C$1500 has been cashed?

elasticman2

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Three very important highlight points from the OINP update:
1. 5,500 is the quota allocated by the federal govt. to OINP for 2016 and which has already reached.

2. OINP may resume sending PT NOI six months from now - i.e. probably in November or December 2016

3. Online application system can be implemented for the next intake starting in Nov/Dec 2016.
Where is the update?
What does it mean for people whos applications reached them before they had finished their quota?
I mean the quota was reached only once they stopped sending PT's?

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Sushsmart,

1. Do you mean to say that OINP has already nominated( not PTs) 5500 people for 2016 and so they will return/reject all the applications that have received after the 5500 cap is filled?

2. Or do you mean to say that the PTs for 5500 people have already been sent and no more will sent for 2016. They will start sending the PTs for 2017 quota in November?

I have sent my package on March 14th 2016 and worried what would happen to my application. I obviously have not received an AOR yet.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

moho1974

Feb 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody
Here after the update from OINP

May 9, 2016

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

As a result of changes Ontario has made to more closely align the streams of the program with the needs of its labour market, the province has already received the sufficient number of OINP applications to meet its 2016 federal allocation. This is further proof that Ontario remains a very sought after destination for highly-skilled workers.

Following the lead of other jurisdictions, Ontario has made the responsible decision to place a temporary pause on the intake of applications for select, high-volume OINP streams. Other provinces have also done this in the past after fully maximizing their allotments. It’s important to note that lower-volume streams of the OINP and other options continue to be available.

Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.
Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016:
Employer Pre-screen
International Student – Masters Graduate stream
International Student – PhD Graduate stream
All applications for the Employer Pre-screen and International Students (Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate) streams sent after 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016 will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment.
The OINP will continue to accept applications from Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants as Employer Pre-screen applications are assessed. Only those Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants whose job offer has been approved through the Employer Pre-screen application process may apply to the OINP. These applicants will have 60 days from the date of the Employer Pre-screen approval letter to apply to either of these streams.
The OINP continues to accept and process applications for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream and the Corporate stream. The OINP also continues to accept Expressions of Interest for the Entrepreneur stream.
Ontario remains a top destination for workers and their families from all over the world.
Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.
Given the positive effect of the program on Ontario’s economy, the province continues to engage the federal government on nominee numbers.
There are many ways to immigrate to Ontario:

The federal government determines the maximum number of nominations Ontario can award annually. Each year, there are about 300,000 immigrants that come to Canada. Of these, Ontario is allowed to select 5,500 through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) in 2016. This program, which represents only 1.8 per cent of total immigration to Canada, is targeted towards filling labour market gaps with skilled workers. It is just one option for immigrating to Ontario.
Please visit the specific webpages for those streams that are still accepting applications or expressions of interest: French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream, Corporate stream and Entrepreneur stream.
In addition, other options are available from the federal government.
Please monitor the OINP update webpage for news, announcements and new developments with the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage.

We’re improving our system:
Ontario is committed to providing an efficient and streamlined application processing system. Improvements to the OINP application process will be implemented in the coming months – including a move to an online application processing system. Our goal is to make it easier to apply, and to improve processing times.

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
So this means OINP chapter is closed till Nov'16 for those who had filled EE and were waiting for PT from Ontario. Really sad!!!

Disappointing as I don't think there is any other option left for people with CRS 400-420.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
which update are you talking about? what's the update?
Pawshi said:

Very unfortunate news.