+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT, EXEMPT FROM NEEDING AN LMIA

Kennys123

Sep 10, 2017
Hi all,
I am holding a pgwp which is open work permit. I am having job from last year july, and it has been over one year. And the company will give me offer for at least two years from now.
In order to get the CRS - Arranged Employment points, what should I fill out.
I have filled out the following, but still did not get the extra point. Can some one help me out on this?

Does YUJUN SUN have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:

• be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer

Is this job offer for work that is:

• full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code

Job title
XXXXX MANAGER

Information about the employer or company

How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name
XXXXXX

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
NO.

Is YUJUN SUN currently working in Canada?
YES

Does YUJUN SUN have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES

Is YUJUN SUN's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (I HAVE AN OPEN WORK PERMIT)
YES

Has YUJUN SUN been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
NO. (SHOULD I CHOOSE THE OTHER ONES?)

THANK YOU

Kennys123

Sep 10, 2017
The following is from cic website, but I am confused when I fill out the form. No ideas about which one to choose.

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your employer needs to get an approved LMIA in order for you to get job offer points. No points without an LMIA.

Kennys123

Sep 10, 2017
You cannot claim a valid job offer with a PGWP - answer "no" to the very first question and all other questions will disappear.
Thanks for the reply. Is it because my work permit is open work permit? Any chance for me to get the benefits from my job title or job offer?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply. Is it because my work permit is open work permit? Any chance for me to get the benefits from my job title or job offer?

Thanks
Again, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA if you want job offer points. Even though you're on an open work permit, your employer can still try applying for an LMIA.

Not sure what you mean by benefits from your job title or job offer. Once again, if you want points, your employer needs to get an approved LMIA. There is no way around this.

Reactions: Kennys123

Kennys123

Sep 10, 2017
Again, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA if you want job offer points. Even though you're on an open work permit, your employer can still try applying for an LMIA.

Not sure what you mean by benefits from your job title or job offer. Once again, if you want points, your employer needs to get an approved LMIA. There is no way around this.
Thank you Scylla. Just to be clear.
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Does it apply to my case?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks
No.

"are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit" - you have an open work permit not an employer-specific work permit (closed work permit).

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks
No - it doesn't apply to you. Did you read through what you've quoted above? Your employer isn't specified in your work permit. (Employers are never specified in PGWPs.) So you don't meet the requirements.

One last time - you need an LMIA.

11.Ritesh

Jul 24, 2018
You cannot claim a valid job offer with a PGWP - answer "no" to the very first question and all other questions will disappear.
Hello, I need few clarification if you know of them I would be glad.

I am applying under FSW program And I am in Canada.
Firstly. I have a job offer but not supported under LMIA so I select 'No' under the said option.

So, a section after that ask for work history, Under that I filled that with Work Experience from INDIA and now I have a job in Canada, so do I need to mention that I am working for a Canadian company even though its not been a year Under WORK HISTORY??
Because when I get the personalized document Checklist it ask for the Proof for that Canadian company I can provide the offer letter and pay stub .

Any Help would be beneficial.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I need few clarification if you know of them I would be glad.

I am applying under FSW program And I am in Canada.
Firstly. I have a job offer but not supported under LMIA so I select 'No' under the said option.

So, a section after that ask for work history, Under that I filled that with Work Experience from INDIA and now I have a job in Canada, so do I need to mention that I am working for a Canadian company even though its not been a year Under WORK HISTORY??
Because when I get the personalized document Checklist it ask for the Proof for that Canadian company I can provide the offer letter and pay stub .

Any Help would be beneficial.

If you arent claiming points for your Canadian work experience then you can remove it and include it only in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required once you do this.

11.Ritesh

Jul 24, 2018
If you arent claiming points for your Canadian work experience then you can remove it and include it only in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required once you do this.
Yes because when I preview my score it shows 0 points under Canadian Work Experience. So yes I am not calming points for that.
So, I should probably remove it for Work History.

11.Ritesh

Jul 24, 2018
I needed one more question answered if you know of that.

I am in Canada for more than a year. I came on a study permit and now I have applied for work permit and received ITA under FSW also,I have a job offer which I received month back which is not supported by LMIA but its a Software Developer job.

My question is can I show the bank statement from Canadian bank with almost 12,000 dollar along with the job offer letter. or do I need to show proof of fund from my Country (INDIA).